yukon NVMT gen2+ 3x50

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are two set ups that i use.

1st in a Custom .243 with an IOR 6-24x50 day scope & a PVS-14 NV can see over 500 yards on the right night.

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

2nd is a Remington .223 with a D480 fitted with a gen 3 Pinnacle, again can see over 500 yards on the right night.

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01525-1.jpg

I guess you are right into your nv too?

Some great kit there again!

So do you have a preference to the d480 or the pvs? Is there any advantages to one or the other?

I guess you are right into your nv too?

Some great kit there again!

So do you have a preference to the d480 or the pvs? Is there any advantages to one or the other?

Yes the price tag :D PVS-14 around £2000 to £2500 the D480 around £3000 to £5000 both work well, if shooting off the shoulder, the D480 if shooting off the Land Rover the PVS-14

Can I ask where you buy your nv from? Im a bit dubious of some of the internet sites!I,ve been in touch with night vision supplies for the IR illuminator quoted £150 for the one you suggested, not sure if its the variable beam type. I was very impressed with their response to my email so will probably get it from there.

Would be happy to buy a night vision scope from there but they dont sell the models like yours!

Do you have any trouble with the 480 loosing zero? Thats the only thing I would worry about with the dedicated nv scope which is why I do like the sound of an add on enabling me to use an existing day scope. I have two 22-250's so it doesn,t bother me to leave a dedicated nv scope on one for night shooting only.Im just trying to gather as much information before I rush into buying a scope like I have with the monoculor now knowing if I'd put another grand to it I could have had a pvs14 which I could have used for spotting and shooting! expensive way to live and learn!!!

Can I ask where you buy your nv from? Im a bit dubious of some of the internet sites!I,ve been in touch with night vision supplies for the IR illuminator quoted £150 for the one you suggested, not sure if its the variable beam type. I was very impressed with their response to my email so will probably get it from there. £150 is for the AP version :thumbs:

Would be happy to buy a night vision scope from there but they dont sell the models like yours!

Do you have any trouble with the 480 loosing zero? Thats the only thing I would worry about with the dedicated nv scope which is why I do like the sound of an add on enabling me to use an existing day scope. I have two 22-250's so it doesn,t bother me to leave a dedicated nv scope on one for night shooting only.Im just trying to gather as much information before I rush into buying a scope like I have with the monoculor now knowing if I'd put another grand to it I could have had a pvs14 which I could have used for spotting and shooting! expensive way to live and learn!!!

D480 should not loose it's zero unless you drop it or give it a good bang lol, You need to ask him when you ring him he can get them for you but like i said in pm you will pay top $$ for them but you get a warranty. Mine came with know warranty but it's brand new and was fully tested before i picked it up.

Cheers camo! Still undecided on the add on, I like the accuracy of the daytime scope but would the dedicated nv scope be better??? most of my shots are over about 200 yrds and quite often struggle spotting the outline of the fox with a bright white lamp and scope because they are in cover. I like the sound of being able to use the higher magnified daytime scope with the ad on but they do look like they come a long way back towards your eye? What do you prefer for the longer shots, add on or dedicated?

I use both dedicated and add-on, with the add-on i sit the scope forward so much it is hard work shooting by day, but can be done this lets the add-on sit spot on for nite shooting which most of my time. The only down side to add-ons for me are the loss of light this is why you need a good laser but it will never be as clear as a dedicated scope, Also the risk of damaging the tube via recoil they say max cal .223 but there's loads who shoot bigger and there are very few that damage due to recoil but there's always that chance. A Good dedicated scope will let you shoot over 200yards with ease if i was you i try and make it to the NV meet just then you can compare a 14 against a good dedi-scope.

Thanks camo good reply!

First off Im gutted I ordered the yukon monoculor but it's on its way so look out charlie! It'll do for the time being and at least when I do get my dedicated nv scope if Im out with my regular lamping buddy he'll be able to half see what Im shooting at!

You are totally right, makes sense to go to a nv meeting to see exactly the differences between them, but that one a bit far Im afraid.

Do you think if use my blitz with a IR filter it will damage the yukon at all? Im holding off ordering the Illuminator until the monoculors been tested and to check I can mount it on it somewhere. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. Zero,d scope this afternoon as I haven't been out for a while. (dont want to miss due to sights being off) Took delivery of my foxpro fury this afternoon too, so just waiting for the nv and out I go!!! Dont suppose you use digital callers? I did post elsewhere on the forum for the best calls and sequences to use them in but no one really helped.

You need to join this forum theres loads of info and help + very good for nv stuff, If you tell geoff which nv mono you have he will sort the fitting for the laser. Nv meet a bit far yes but better knowing what to buy as you said it's gutting when you get it wrong, I drove 3.5 hours to pick up my last nv then 3.5 back home :blink: but these are the things you have to do to make sure you know what you are getting. Yes i use a digi call for fox in fact i was down loading calls last nite hers a few to try

http://www.airgunbbs.com/

http://www.varmintal.com/coy5-20.htm

http://www.predatorwild.com/files/category/9-sounds/

http://www.nifter.com/sound_effects_animals_sounds.htm

Cheers again camo! some cracking links there. I've been trying to sort out the foxpro so I,ve been banned from playing anymore squealing noises tonight by the mrs so I'll download em again!

I could have done with the nv earlier, I took my boy out for an hour he wanted to come and have a go with the caller. Only went 4 fields away fox showed himself about 500yrds away but only took the white light so he was uptight as soon as he seen it. I was downwind and it was rather windy so I tried the rabbit squeal on the caller but half knowing it wouldn't work??? Lamp on to have a look but they're a bit sharper this time of year and he,d gone. I did see him again but he was'nt going to give himself up tonight! Now I know where he's hanging about I'll be out tomorrow plant the caller out in the open with the vixen call and sit in the gutter with my monoculor(if it turns up) and with a bit of luck if he comes he'll hang about long enough to shoot him with the red filter.

I have been in touch with Jeoff and he seems a top man! Thanks again for the heads up!

Were did ya get the foxpro from and how much are they as good as they say?? I got it from bushwear after being let down by another company.

With them they are between £200-£600 but if you buy one from a dealer in the states the top end callers are a couple of hundred quid cheaper.

In my opinion they are as good as they say but if you are not going to edit and create your own calling sequences then you are throwing money away on the dearer model.They are good but way overpriced to look at they look like a £20 wind up radio but the technology inside is pretty impressive. Im going to download some more sounds tonight and have a go at creating some sequences.There are nice touches like to create you're own 10 preset noises is so simple. I have read of people having trouble with the caller responding to the remote but from 80 yrds last night it was responding instantly.The sound quality is quite impressive and realistic.