yukon NVMT gen2+ 3x50

Camo, I see what you mean now with the laser moving around so no need to have altered the position of the mount :doh: but it was centralised after the mod so the brightness would'nt have changed.Im not that good guessing distances I always under estimate perhaps I was expecting to much!

How much difference is there between the american tube on the pvs14 and the japaneese tube? Is one clearer or less blemishes I know the difference in cost and warantee.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: With the N1000 now properly set up I can see out to 200yrds in total darkness. I will say out to 100 I much prefer the onboard illuminator it seems much "cleaner" for some reason. Out last night could see a foxes eyes lighting at about 250 but wouldn't have known he was there without lamping first.

Iv'e come to the conclusion when out lamping on your own unless you are going to sit and wait the monocolor is more of a hindrance. This was because I'd spot a fox with the lamp mess about getting the mono out and then find he'd legged it. This happened on the first fox so did'nt try that method again!

The foxpro caller is a much more useful bit of kit, I tried the distressed field mouse on the 250 yrd fox it came flying in, trouble was I was looking through the scope waiting for him to just pause so I could take a shot but he just wasn't stopping. Next thing he turned and ran back to where he came from. I tried the caller again and the next thing there was another set of eyes by the side of it. They started to make the strange sort of duck noise I thought they must of been at it and stuck! I couldn't shoot from where I was as I could only see they're eyes so I walked down wind to get a closer better position whilst this noise was going on the hole time. Popped my head and gun over the bank and there they were only about 100yrds away. The one dropped back into the hollow but the other was still showing it's head so zoomed in with the new swarovski's and the cross literally went between his eyes. Pulled the trigger and it dropped him, perfect head shot! The other took off but didn't want to stop. I did shoot two others one was even on the move, they were all dog foxes. I think the one must have been the one that took off but by the sound they were making I would have assumed it would have been a vixen.

So to finish I dont regret buying the Yukon but I can definately see why I would have been better off putting a bit more coin to it and buying the better add ons.

BUT the swarovski is a much better scope than the S&B for taking in light and not glaring or reflecting with the mounted lamp so after a cracking night last night Im a rather happy chappy!

Nice1 glad you are happy with it and putting it to good use.

Im even more happy now, my 1x lens and day scope adapter turned up today. I just thought I may aswell try it, I've wasted enough money buying the wrong add on so what have I got to loose apart from more money!!!!!

Lone behold the lens screwed straight on and the mount attached perfectly. I tried it in a pitch black room and the recticle lit up like a christmas tree.

Here's a pic of it fitted to my old .22 Im gonna try it on a couple of bunnies before I stick it on the 22-250 and get a black eye for nothing if it doesn't work.

What is the BEST scope for an add on? It wont go on my swarovski, it's got an IR so there's to much housing at the rear of the scope.

dad002.jpg

Edited by sako

So much for Thomas jacks advice about the front lens not fitting :( i am glad you got that sorted,i can not check all the info i am given but i would of thought TJ's should of known this 100% :sick: look on here for some scopes that work well http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/188239-pulsar-challenger-gs-1x-20/

Sorry guys Thomas Jacks were spot on! :thumbdown::icon_redface: The lens fits perfectly but the fork wing thing wont focus, not on the gun, I could see the cross plain earlier but off the gun. I just tried it to see the difference in the light of the tube on and off the gun. Off the gun it wouldn't quite focus, it was like the lens needed to screw in that little bit more than it could.

Anyone know of a yukon mono I can use as an add on? seen as I've got the DSA :whistling::icon_redface:

After an evening of trying everything, screwing things in, out, putting on the scope, off the scope the 1x lens doesn't work. I had a few heart attacks because the 3x lens wouldn't work either when I put that back on. I couldn't see a thing, I tried zooming in the objective lens, zooming it out. I tried getting the eyepiece to focus. I thought I've f****d it, I shouldn't have bothered trying in the first place! ..................................................................................................................................And then my left hand touched upon the lens cap :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

Well at least I can still watch the fox coming to me then watch it run away when I put the lamp on! :icon_eek:

Edited by sako

UPDATE: I feel like a right T***T :icon_redface: Let me start by saying: There was a rugby match between Wales and Scotland on tv yesterday so because I sampled one or two beers during this period my vision and judgement must somehow have become impaired :blink:

So after being advised yesterday and this evening doing some researching it turns out if I could see the recticle in the scope in theory it should work. I reluctantly got the yukon back out tonight and thought I'd try once more. This time instead of the ags on the .22 I thought I'd try the S&B 6x42 on the one 22-250 which was the one that lit up yesterday in the dark room. I again tried to focus the mono off the gun, no joy! So mounted it behind the S&B and turned on the yukon on board illuminator, again the cross lit up like a christmas tree. I proceeded to open the upstairs window and look to the field behind just out of curiosity.....F**K why didn't I try the S&B last night????? Anyway grabbed the wellies and went up the field to try it and was amazed. It must be a 2x lens because 150yrds looked like the most simplest shot at 75 Im well impressed. Sheep at 300 can be seen, their eyes light up and can make out the body plain although if they have got some cover like rushes around them the eyes do look quite fox like. The 22-250 isn't zero'd as I've only just mounted the scope so I didn't bother taking any rounds. I will be zeroing it tomorrow if the weather allows, Im not even going to bother with the .22

Anyone know of a pvs or something for spotting because it looks like my yukons staying on the scope. :laugh::laugh::laugh::toast:

Edited by sako