yukon NVMT gen2+ 3x50

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers camo! All I need now is to know if the 1x lens fits.

The nvmt gen2+ 3x50 is what it is and you can NOT change the lens, if wish to take other advise please do, the easiest way is to phone Thomas Jacks on 01789 264100 who will confirm what i have said.

Yes you are right Pest sorry sako thought you had a 3x42

Cheers camo! All I need now is to know if the 1x lens fits.

The nvmt gen2+ 3x50 is what it is and you can NOT change the lens, if wish to take other advise please do, the easiest way is to phone Thomas Jacks on 01789 264100 who will confirm what i have said.

Yes you are right Pest sorry sako thought you had a 3x42

No Problem Andy :thumbs:

My 50mm lens unscrews and comes off and it even worked when I screwed it back on! I just haven't got a tap or die big enough to cut different threads if the other lens threads aren't the same.

I wondered about the 50mm size of the lens, I know it wont work because of the 3x mag, and when I put it against my sights Im gonna need a ratchet strap to attatch it not a dsa.

Back to the drawing boards.... well, back out with the lamp!

My 50mm lens unscrews and comes off and it even worked when I screwed it back on! I just haven't got a tap or die big enough to cut different threads if the other lens threads aren't the same.

I wondered about the 50mm size of the lens, I know it wont work because of the 3x mag, and when I put it against my sights Im gonna need a ratchet strap to attatch it not a dsa.

Back to the drawing boards.... well, back out with the lamp!

I would return the unit and say it doesn't do the job you require, have a look here about your rights http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_goods_your_rights.htm#your_legal_rights_when_you_buy_goods it might be worth ago and than you would be able to purchase the right unit for the job.

You are right and most people would send it back but it does do what I want and I would only have sent it back unopened. I wouldn't want to buy something that someone else has been testing without knowing and getting a discount, so I dont feel right doing it to someone else. I only wanted to watch the fox once spotted and it worked perfectly. I've got no doubt I'll see a foxes eyes 150-200yrds once the N1000 is on it(should be tomorrow) as I could see a fox 100yrds the other night perfectly with the standard IR illuminator. Dont get me wrong I know it's crap compared to you guys set ups but I did'nt know anything about nv prior to purchasing. I just looked at the spec sheet and thought "gen2+ , 400-800 yrd viewing that sounds ok I'll have that. It's wasn't really false information with a few stars about you can see sheep a good few hundred yards away without any IR illumination but you would'nt see a fox.

Im a lot further on in my knowledge from where I started but I couln't decide wether I go add on or dedicated so I bought swarovski Z6I 5-30x50 and I'll just stick to the lamp UNTIL I do eventually get to test and see the difference between the better add ons or better dedicated nv scopes and then make my choice.

What would you guys put on the 22-250 envis,ps14 or HTH 731 dedicated scope?

An add-on is good if you have more than one rifle you wish to shoot with at night, so if you go down this route make sure its weapon mountable as the envis and PVS-14 have different image intensifier tube fitted, this means that some image intensifier tube can not take the recoil, best thing to do is ask before buying and you will need the image intensifier tube number.

A dedicated scope is good if you don't mind having one rifle to shoot with at night or have a good set of warne quick release rings so you can swap from day scope to NV, you are looking at one of these http://www.nvscopes.com/night%20vision%20scope%20Gen2%20SM3S2%20HTH%20731.html from nvscope.com Mr Clive Ward who is an excellent person to deal with and does a great after sale custom service, yes he has had some problems with people unable to get hold of him but he is a one man band but all this said he does know his stuff and his units are well priced.

Thank you pestcontrol,

The scope looks ok I suppose but the one I've been offered is second hand with a new tube, So probably an older mode. I like the sound of the add on especially because Id know the accuracy of the scope it's mounting to. Is there much difference between the envis and pvs14? As I can get an envis the same price as the nv scope? I dont think I want that scope I want a D480 but cant stretch that far yet! Last night I'd made my mind up to hang on then I went to bed and lay awake thinking I want nv to shoot that fox I've spotted. This nv lark is hard work :wallbash:

Thank you pestcontrol,

The scope looks ok I suppose but the one I've been offered is second hand with a new tube, So probably an older mode. I like the sound of the add on especially because Id know the accuracy of the scope it's mounting to. Is there much difference between the envis and pvs14? As I can get an envis the same price as the nv scope? I dont think I want that scope I want a D480 but cant stretch that far yet! Last night I'd made my mind up to hang on then I went to bed and lay awake thinking I want nv to shoot that fox I've spotted. This nv lark is hard work :wallbash:

The difference between the envis and pvs14 in easy terms is the pvs-14 has a better tube ie: Resolution(lp/mm) and is better built with a higher price tag, some info here on the main three units available http://pvs14.com/

The envis is a good unit, it has a image intensifier tube called a 10160 silver bullet, great tube if you can find one without a blemish here is a link https://gpssignal.com/ENVIS.htm

You are shooting a 22-250 so the recoil isn't that bad so the envis would be ok, some people shoot this unit on a 243 and had no problems.

You will be buying second hand so try to get as much info as poss, all the ones i get are 2009 or later units and priced at around £1500 and under

Looking at that, a pvs 14 with a pinnacle tube would be the best bet then and would more than suffice on a 22-250? Are these all second hand to like the envis?

I read somewhere about loosing image on firing is this true?

I just tried the N1000 IR illuminator on the Yukon after a bit of modification(had to make a plastic washer to rise the rear of the mount to centralise the beam), out to 100 yrds the N1000 on 3 is just about the same brightness as the mono illuminator. About 200 yrds the N1000 can be seen striking the viewpoint, 300yrds I can see sheep clearer through the mono without any illuminator. Probably not that good a night for nv just started raining.

Im not dissapointed in the N1000 just not that impressed it doesn't seem to light up the view point 150+ no where near as good as my blitz with IR filter but the built in illuminator only just makes it past 100 so it does what I expected.

Do you use the N1000 on the pvs?

Yes at 100yrds I adjusted it to say a quarter of the way in from the outside edge of picture then at 200yrds it only seemed bright if I tightened it to a dot. I was only looking out of the window up the mountain behind, so I haven't really tested it properly. The monoculor would limit me spotting a fox at distance so I got no doubt it'll shine as far as I can see the fox. The sheep are extremely clear at 300yrds without any illumination, but they're white! There's no way I'd see a fox there's so many rough patches and dark spots it would be to difficult. There isn't many fields around here 300 yrds long so if charlie's in the open on the field the mono and laser will do it's job. Usually my shots are across a field and half way up a steep bank hence not purchasing nv before because I did'nt know how far it would be useful for and how clear the image would be in cover.

But now.... anyone know of any pvs14 with a pinaccle tube???