Sign in to follow this  
ferreterno1

10oz nylon nets

i normally use hemp nets for ferreting but am getting fed up of drying them out, are the heavier nylon nets the same as hemp as in they dont tangle as much as i find 4 oz nylon just get tangled up.

thanks in advance ;)

gypo joe on this forum is the man to talk to send him a pm and have a natter he will help you out :yes: iv found the 10z nets to be very good at holding there shape even on windy days and with the the nets made of nylon you can put them away wet without adverse affects :yes: if you feel lazy

im making some fox nets at the moment with what i think is twisted nylon around the 10z or 12z.it is not so hard to knitt with but all my knots have been doubled up as it helps alot.im guessing they would be fine and not tangle up as much as the 4z but with a few in the bag theres gonna be abit of weight than if you did use 4z or 6z.i would go for hand made (not machine made)6z or go for sheet netting and tie them onto your ring or wire runner.

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW

I only use 10z nets but am planning to try some spun nylon ones next season.

4z and 6z nets tangle up too much. Much better to pay a few pence extra for 10z ones.

gypo joe sent me a sample 10oz net , i was well impressed with the weight and quality difference , unfold easy , no tangles and hes damn cheap .

worth a pm or e-mail .

Darren .

have just received 50 nets in the post over the week end now ill have to find some nice hardwood pegs to complete the job :yes: gypo joe your a star mate ;)

this was a old thread i started i went for spun poly in the end from gypo joe its very nice stuff im in the process of getting some more

Guest WILF
this was a old thread i started i went for spun poly in the end from gypo joe its very nice stuff im in the process of getting some more

Ahhh........but is it yellow?..............this seasons in colour is yellow :yes:

Guest reload

Yellow is the new black WILF, I had plenty of it a while back.

regarding 10Z nets i have made hundreds and everyone who has had them have been very happy with them, 1" 1/2 rings and bright SUNBURST Yellow Drawcord......Best in the west :D:D:D

Edited by reload

Guest reload

Phwarr checkout the shed :D:clapper: ...lol I can see the lil 10z feckers down the bottom corner....Your right there Chalkwarren, there one pricey net, and not a huge profit spinner....

Work a treat though for a machine made net :D

HELLS BELLS CHALKIE ,

YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL :icon_eek:

GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN , TO ALL THOSE TOP NOTCH NETS IF THAT LITTLE PUP GETS INTO THEM ........................

AFTER ALL SHES HAD NOWT TO CHEW ON THE BIG FISH SPECIAL ............. OR HAS SHES KNOCKED THE EDGE OF THEM NEEDLES ON THE ANGLE IRON :laugh:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :drink: