URGENT, WANTED A GUARD DOG!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to be very careful with the wording though. I worked professionally as a security dog handler and anywhere we worked we had to have signs up every 20ft around the boundary. "Beware of the do

Yes Boerboel! But in Great Britain??   THE NUMBER ONE ALL OVER THE WORLD : Belgian Malinois

Posted Images

i thout if u have signs up its worse as ur advertiseing you have a nasty dog??

No mate the law states if u have a guard dog for protectin property i must say so on property borders we have on the farm 14 signs 2 kennals 2 guard dogs on wires and there stock broke lol

i watched a tv programe and they rehomed a rottie thats was trained to attack police. you never know for definate its worth a look.

all the best mate

Wish id of known it would have been the pride of my house :thumbs:

i thout if u have signs up its worse as ur advertiseing you have a nasty dog??

No mate the law states if u have a guard dog for protectin property i must say so on property borders we have on the farm 14 signs 2 kennals 2 guard dogs on wires and there stock broke lol

You have to be very careful with the wording though.

I worked professionally as a security dog handler and anywhere we worked we had to have signs up every 20ft around the boundary. "Beware of the dog" signs advertise the fact that you knowingly have an aggressive dog and you'd actually get prosecuted if it bit anyone :whistling: Dogs on guard have to be accompanied at all times by someone capable of controlling them.

However, where the grey area is if you have signs saying "Caution, Dogs running loose" as you are not implying the dogs are agressive but just making people aware that dogs are loose and unacompanied. These signs get you out of the s**t if your dog catches an intruder because you didn't actually know that your dog would bite til someone broke in :thumbs: The law still takes a very dim view of a dog biting for any reason but you need to cover your back with the law by saying the dog had never been agressive before thats why it wasn't secured.

You do not have to have any signs at all if you wish because a dog barks and advertises it's own prescence as long as the intruder wasn't deaf they would have been warned by the sound of the dog before entering.

• Like 2

Also, the owner of a dog is not criminally responsible for the actionns of a dog, if it is on property where the dog lives, as long as the owner did not encourage the attack. There was a case a few years ago, I don't remember where, when a little girl got into next door's garden and was savaged by the bull mastiff there. The dog was not put down and the owners not prosecuted as they did not encourage the attack, and it took place on property where the dog lives. Hope he gets sorted. I think the law in the UK needs to be changed to one similar in Texas (the Castle Laws). In Texas, if someone is on your property/in your home without your permission then it is assumed that they are there to do you serious harm, and you can defend yourself and your property with lethal force.

presa canario/greyhound on preloved 8 months old 26/27tts and still growing

nice dog but best of with a true guardian like a rottweiler you know what your getting. :thumbs:

check the link

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.listadverts/sec-Home+and+Family/cat-Pets+and+Livestock/subcat-Dogs/keyword-guard+dogs+for+sale+only/startrow-141/maxrows-20/d6fbcfc0.html

Edited by judge2010