Driven hare shoot day in scotland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats what bugs me about yous gunmen,have yous not got enough birds till shoot without shooting hares but if a lurcherman was killing your birds yous wouldnt be 2 long givin off

You sound like a typical shooter. Took it up because you watched an Arnie film once.   I shoot, hunt and fish, however shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire.   Rath

shooting hares dont sound very smart,if they shot all the hares where i mooch just to spite me, i'd leave the dog at home and try my best to wipe out the local pheasant population.

And I bet you leave them to rot like on the hare drives. Well done. :notworthy:

I do a hare drive every year and not one gets left to rot, there shot for 2 reasons, to keep the dog men off the land and to stop the damage to farmers crops.

Well done, you must feel very proud of yourself.

How do you know they don't get to rot? Do you send them to the Continent to be eaten, do you send them to smithfield to be sold? You are telling me your gamedealer sells them all? How much are you paid each one.

shooting game and leaving it to rot is a disgrace! its not just confined to shooters, i wonder how many "dog men" sling there hares in a hedge bottom to rot incase they get a pull from old bill on the way home????????? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Do you reckon it would be about 200 of them like on a hare drive? :wallbash:

im not against dogmen and i dont knock any man for the type of game or how he chooses to hunt it thats a personel choice. with so many dogmen saying thier dogs are out doing "the biz" every day how many hares does that person leave to rot at the bottom of a hedge each season???? now as ive said leaving something to rot weather its been shot or coursed is a fecking disgrace! i dont have many hares on my permission so i'll never shoot one, if they ever become a pest then maybe i'd have to change my mind or face loosing that permission.

The OP has enquired about paying for a days driven hare shooting lets not spoil his thread! thats the bloody problem with THL and why so many good guys dont post any more.

ATB

REDEYE

Well there is a Hare drive with Anglia Sporting going for £300, not in Scotland though.

Why you would pay to shoot a plodding hare, defeats me. I shoot and have shot hares before, never again.

The thing is there is not as many people with dogs that can do hares compared with the sheer amount of people with guns. Ask your FEO about the number of people in your county that have shotguns, my FEO's area alone there was a count of about 26,000 people with shotguns and the requests for licences were on the rise.

There is no way there is as many people out with dogs as there is with guns, so complain about the dogmen but it is a drop in the ocean compared to people with guns.

Well there is a Hare drive with Anglia Sporting going for £300, not in Scotland though.

Why you would pay to shoot a plodding hare, defeats me. I shoot and have shot hares before, never again.

The thing is there is not as many people with dogs that can do hares compared with the sheer amount of people with guns. Ask your FEO about the number of people in your county that have shotguns, my FEO's area alone there was a count of about 26,000 people with shotguns and the requests for licences were on the rise.

There is no way there is as many people out with dogs as there is with guns, so complain about the dogmen but it is a drop in the ocean compared to people with guns.

Very little people going on ground without permission with shotguns though........ :doh:

shooting hares dont sound very smart,if they shot all the hares where i mooch just to spite me, i'd leave the dog at home and try my best to wipe out the local pheasant population.

All you f*****g moan about is keepers.....your the type of c**t thats got the "Them and Us" attitude.......f*****g annoying... :wallbash:

Hares are wild, nobody forks out thousands of pounds for them like pheasants, so to say you would go around trying to "wipe out" the local pheasant population..........if thats your attitude and tried to ruin my business(thats what you are doing,FACT!!! i'd make f*****g sure it didnt happen again.

Very little people going on ground without permission with shotguns though........ :doh:

Just like most shooters laws and ethnics go out the window as long as you have permission it's fine. Shooting Muntjac with shotguns with no.6 shot is fine as long as you have permission

Just like most shooters laws and ethnics go out the window as long as you have permission it's fine. Shooting Muntjac with shotguns with no.6 shot is fine as long as you have permission

Well not this 1....i disagree with shooting deer with shotguns but thats not the point. If you read half of the shite on here you will see why very little permission will be granted.

Well not this 1....i disagree with shooting deer with shotguns but thats not the point. If you read half of the shite on here you will see why very little permission will be granted.

It's not granted as landowners/farmers/privaledged few use it to make money and they don't make money of people with dogs.

All to do with money.

It's not granted as landowners/farmers/privaledged few use it to make money and they don't make money of people with dogs.

All to do with money.

Well an incomes an income and if people want to go hare shooting then they will do so. I'm beginning to sound like i dont like running dogs, when i do, but i can see clearly why landowers do the things they do to stop poaching. I suppose a thread like "Dogs that take feather" would be a real eye opener to landowners....... :yes:

:wallbash: From what i can see the OP is after a days driven WHITE hare. This is totally different to the larger BROWN hares that all the dog men claim to own! Very few DOGMEN will ever run a white/mountain hare as where they live will not be suitable to run with a dog :wallbash:

White hares are shot mainly for the control of ticks on grouse moors which can really affect grouse stocks by ticks infesting the young birds. All hares on shoots i've been on have gone to the Game dealer to go to france. Get your facts striaght before posting negative shite. It's not difficult shooting but essential for maintaining a healthy population of grouse and hares.

There is soooo much shite spouted on here from the dogmen bashing shooters and viceversa

Get over yourselves and grow up! :thumbs:

• Like 1

They want to stop poaching as it takes away income.

Farmers have no concept of wealth, they moan they are poor with 100s of thousands in the bank. When you own land it's like a licence to print money.

£300 for 10 guns to shoot hares, selling days pigeon shooting they don't even have to gaurentee results.

I can see why but when people moan that it's like taking stuff from your back garden, well, I don't get to sell shooting rights, I don't get tax write offs, I don't get subsidies.

I don't agree with people damaging fences or crops or killing for the sake of it.

• Like 1

Farmers have no concept of wealth, they moan they are poor with 100s of thousands in the bank. When you own land it's like a licence to print money.

£300 for 10 guns to shoot hares, selling days pigeon shooting they don't even have to gaurentee results.

I can see why but when people moan that it's like taking stuff from your back garden, well, I don't get to sell shooting rights, I don't get tax write offs, I don't get subsidies.

I don't agree with people damaging fences or crops or killing for the sake of it.

So is it anything really to do with the shooting of the hares then or you just a bit miffed that you dont have the ground to do it yourself..............if you had the chance of this land would you try and make money out of it?

So is it anything really to do with the shooting of the hares then or you just a bit miffed that you dont have the ground to do it yourself..............if you had the chance of this land would you try and make money out of it?

My original point was, it's not sporting as it's not difficult to shoot them and most get wasted. That was it.