Driven hare shoot day in scotland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats what bugs me about yous gunmen,have yous not got enough birds till shoot without shooting hares but if a lurcherman was killing your birds yous wouldnt be 2 long givin off

You sound like a typical shooter. Took it up because you watched an Arnie film once.   I shoot, hunt and fish, however shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire.   Rath

shooting hares dont sound very smart,if they shot all the hares where i mooch just to spite me, i'd leave the dog at home and try my best to wipe out the local pheasant population.

No all sold to GD then none for the dog men.

Happy days.

You sound like a typical shooter. Took it up because you watched an Arnie film once.

I shoot, hunt and fish, however shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire.

Rather be with the dogs, spend your life with them feeding, training and getting them fit and watching them work, while with a gun, you use it and put it away for next time.

You wouldn't know that though because you don't have the commitment.

• Like 4

Happy days.

You sound like a typical shooter. Took it up because you watched an Arnie film once.

I shoot, hunt and fish, however shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire.

Rather be with the dogs, spend your life with them feeding, training and getting them fit and watching them work, while with a gun, you use it and put it away for next time.

"Typical shooter"............ :wallbash:

"Shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire"............this is the reason i love THL.....oh the laughs you get on here sometimes..... :rofl:

Happy days.

Happy days.

"Shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire"............this is the reason i love THL.....oh the laughs you get on here sometimes..... :rofl:

Driven hares don't have the same pace as pressured hares and they are a big target.

I have shot Hares before and have decided never to do it again. No sport to it.

Happy days.

Driven hares don't have the same pace as pressured hares and they are a big target.

Come on mate lets not pretend that there not still motoring. A bolting rabbit is hard enough.... :yes:

I dont personally shoot hares as there are not much around my area, i do agree with you, i'd much rather see a course but some people dont like that.

• Like 1

Happy days.

Come on mate lets not pretend that there not still motoring. A bolting rabbit is hard enough.... :yes:

I dont personally shoot hares as there are not much around my area, i do agree with you, i'd much rather see a course but some people dont like that.

A bolting rabbit is more sport and alot harder in my opinion especially in thick cover.

Rather than a hare in an open field lolopping towards you, it's just pick a target.

Like shooting rabbits with a rimfire or highseat shooting deer.

Missed many a deer getting off the highseat to stalk to 30 yards of them when I could have shot them easily from 130 yards from the highseat, just don't see the sport in it.

Happy days.

A bolting rabbit is more sport and alot harder in my opinion especially in thick cover.

Rather than a hare in an open field lolopping towards you, it's just pick a target.

Like shooting rabbits with a rimfire or highseat shooting deer.

Missed many a deer getting off the highseat to stalk to 30 yards of them when I could have shot them easily from 130 yards from the highseat, just don't see the sport in it.

And i think thats the point right there....sounds like you've had a lot of different shooting chances and now see some kinds of hunting as unsporting, but thats your choice. I wouldn't say its right then to put others down for doing it.

When i was younger all i could think about was driven pheasant shooting, now i have little interest in it and would much rather pick-up with my dogs. A great retrieve puts a bigger smile on my face than shooting a pheasant now... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Happy days.

was talking to a fella monday he shot 200 rabbits and left them to rot ,thought he was taking the piss turns out he thinks this is brilliant.started to tell me about shooting hares and leaving them. i dont think these guys just put their guns away when there finished,they strap them to their cocks and parade up and down in front of the mirror.

• Like 1

shooting game and leaving it to rot is a disgrace! its not just confined to shooters, i wonder how many "dog men" sling there hares in a hedge bottom to rot incase they get a pull from old bill on the way home????????? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Do you reckon it would be about 200 of them like on a hare drive? :wallbash:

shooting game and leaving it to rot is a disgrace! its not just confined to shooters, i wonder how many "dog men" sling there hares in a hedge bottom to rot incase they get a pull from old bill on the way home????????? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Not just hares either , deer as well !!!

I know people that do just this, it has driven a stake through our friendship, I just can't stand it.

OK, then pheasants and accidentally shot birds we could go on, the point was about Hare drives and the quantity shot.

We could talk about badly shot deer running off and not recovered, mainly headshot animals....