Why would you need to kill a swan??

Have you seen, what a flock of 100 geese does to canola? Go figure, what 100 swans do.

but ...........................................While the whooper swan currently appears to have a stable population, the Northwest European population of the Bewick’s swan, is thought to be in decline. Both species have long been protected throughout their migratory ranges by national and international legislation (e.g. the EU Birds Directive and the African-Eurasian Waterbird Agreement). :whistling:

Don't see, how whooper and tundra swans are related to the mute swan I shot... enlighten me

oh and as to your message via messenger ("...so it against the law in germany as far as i know bt if you can show me the game list that it's on that will do me...")

honestly, you can't even see that this bird in the picture is a mute swan, latin cygnus olor, german Höckerschwan but expect me, to show you a "game list"? there you go:

http://www.hannover.de/data/download/RH/jagd_waff/Jagd_7.pdf

Höckerschwäne

1. November bis 20. Februar mit der Maßgabe, dass die Jagd vom 1. Dezember

bis 20. Februar nur zur Schadensabwehr und nur auf Höckerschwäne ausgeübt

werden darf, die in Trupps auf Acker- oder Grünlandkulturen einfallen

And now I would like you to tell all of us how one can differentiate between all these huge white flying things, beaks, feathers and all that...

Edited by november

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mates wife will put that into english for me tomorrow as she german :blink: ,

And now I would like you to tell all of us how one can differentiate between all these huge white flying things, beaks, feathers and all that... so you just shoot then say shit wrong swan :blink: more like you tell me i don't shoot them, i asked was it allowed to shoot them yes or no would have done and if it was on the game list if it's on great i be look forward to seen another post in the next two years or so that you got another one, if it not it should not be on a open forum this is my point, if you can not see that fair enough :notworthy:

sounder

so you just shoot then say shit wrong swan :blink: more like you tell me

Nope, I can pretty much tell the difference between a mute swan (which I am allowed to hunt) and other swans by looking at the beak. The difference is actually that obvious, that I considered your post at first as a joke not worth answering but then realized that you really don't know the difference.

And no, I completely do not see your point, why I should not post something perfectly legal on an open forum.

Maybe, if your mate's wife is having a look at the list, have her translate all of it. You could then just let me know what other game you consider inappropriate for me to post here. :victory:

Edited by november

so you just shoot then say shit wrong swan :blink: more like you tell me

Nope, I can pretty much tell the difference between a mute swan (which I am allowed to hunt) and other swans by looking at the beak. The difference is actually that obvious, that I considered your post at first as a joke not worth answering but then realized that you really don't know the difference.

And no, I completely do not see your point, why I should not post something perfectly legal on an open forum.

if it was not thats my point thats why i asked via pm, a swan is a swan to me :icon_redface: if it was it would be taking down , :thumbs:

sounder

They taste amazing, allegedly....

Heard its like roast beef.......... :whistling:

Should eat beef then !

Never thought of that......i'll just nip out this afternoon and stalk into some cattle..... :doh:

Well there have been plenty of swan eaten in the UK, did anyone see that piece in the shooting times about immigrants from eastern block countries going out with fishing rods with trebble hooks baited with bread to catch swans for a nice swan roast! When caught claimed to know nothing about the 'swan law' and were released without charge because they just didnt know they cant kill swans in the UK!

Callum if they are on the game list I dont think it matters what you shoot it with,(Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong) its whether you find it personally ethical sport or not?

Dynamite them dynamite everything including the fish, it saves time :thumbs:

Callum if they are on the game list I dont think it matters what you shoot it with,(Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong) its whether you find it personally ethical sport or not?

Dynamite them dynamite everything including the fish, it saves time :thumbs:

Not much left for eating on a dynamited rabbit i find........... :whistling:

Reason I'm asking is that when l went for my FAC a year and a half ago l spoke to the Firearms Dept chief about the chances of getting a .223 explicitly for shooting geese as they are a massive pest in the Western Isles but my RFD told me it was illegal hence my confusion...

cheers Callum

Reason I'm asking is that when l went for my FAC a year and a half ago l spoke to the Firearms Dept chief about the chances of getting a .223 explicitly for shooting geese as they are a massive pest in the Western Isles but my RFD told me it was illegal hence my confusion...

cheers Callum

Had a wee scout about mate and i still cant find any concrete evidence for the legality of it. Think it will be on the BASC website but never looked...someone will know on here i'm sure too... :thumbs:

cheers Callum

Had a wee scout about mate and i still cant find any concrete evidence for the legality of it. Think it will be on the BASC website but never looked...someone will know on here i'm sure too... :thumbs:

The only angle l can think of my RFD's point of thinking is the no lead projectiles on fowl but thats on wetland as far as l know but this is grazing land and cropland l am shooting on and l would have thought the Firearms chief officer would have told me it was a big no no when l phoned him and told him what l was going to shoot

cheers Callum

Edited by mangy1983