You wrote farmyards, so i presumed you meant the yards not the fields :thumbs:

Yes there will be the farmers scrap left out, that is the farmers right, his land, he can put it where he wants.

Litter caused by the general public, ie chinese lanterns, discarded takeaway wrappers etc, causes the problem in our lovely country, which was the point of this thread ;)

Livestock don't tend to eat old farm machinery :rolleyes:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating the life of your friend is admirable, however, letting off 100 lanterns isn't.

I would have to say you are the prick mate, judging by your posts.

what a fecking drama queen you are.feel like taking a running jump myself after reading your shite.

Lanterns are for townies and imbeciles.

Farm I worked at had 3 cows die from ingesting wire from lanterns.

The main problem not being the cows actually eating the lanterns but when grass is chopped for silage, the wire sometimes goes throgh aswell and it is lethal.

Most choppers have metal detectors on them but they dont always detect certain metal types and wire etc.

The shouuld be banned. Full stop.

Anyone who had half an ounce of respect for the countryside wouldnt fight their corner, they are no better than neds throwing Mcdonalds wrappers out the window.

Theres my opinion anyway, which I hope displays it from the other side.

And RFYL stop wallowing in self pitty, we all have losses and grievances in our lifes but some choose to accept them and move on without dragging others down.

FTB

• Like 3

Well I have never read as much rubbish in my life !! Have you got nothing better to do than worry about a cow eating a bit of wire ?? Less people commented on the 2 lurchers that were hung from a bridge ?? Get a life other than typing crap on a computer ! ??? RFYL please light another 100 lanterns cos I'm sure when you lit the last lot you planned on killing all the livestock in Britain ! At least then most folk could run there dog without worrying them !!! If they get worked ??

Get a grip folk !!

Sorry to hear about your friend !!

Well I have never read as much rubbish in my life !! Have you got nothing better to do than worry about a cow eating a bit of wire ?? Less people commented on the 2 lurchers that were hung from a bridge ?? Get a life other than typing crap on a computer ! ??? RFYL please light another 100 lanterns cos I'm sure when you lit the last lot you planned on killing all the livestock in Britain ! At least then most folk could run there dog without worrying them !!! If they get worked ??

Get a grip folk !!

Sorry to hear about your friend !!

lol i cant believe you actually wrote that :wallbash:

Guest AngelicAcid

All RFYL was saying was about what they did as a tribute to his mate(s.)

I think you all wanna get a grip, all you can do is put your point over on here, no win or loose, nothing will be changed by this thread will it.

And the soaps dont start till the morn noght. :thumbs:

• Like 1

No, what he said was that 100 pieces of crap released into the cuntryside is no problem, they cause no harm, yadda yadda yadda.

Then as many know, this isn't true, and this shit is dangerous to live stock , wildlife and pets (your running dogs, er, hence this thread)

He is still unable to accept that his littering is a bit shitty, and that he should just shut up about it and move on, as really, there isn't an excuse for it.

He is wrong, litter is litter what ever the reason, weathers its his 100 pieces of crap or get them outs discarded Stella cans, litter is litter, and is a cuntish thing.

• Like 3

They are and will be more of a nuisance not just for the farmers but for people who work/run dogs day/night,lets see in this coming year how many other injuries occur.

I bought some at Christmas, thought it would be nice for the kids to have on New Years Eve. OH went mental cos he says they're a liability to dogs, livestock etc along with the fact it's a fire hazard. So to shut him up, I trashed them.

Went on the moss yesterday with my young whippet pup, comes across a lantern and grasps the rim in his mouth while the ring itself was under his chest and nearly cut himself open as he went to sprint off with it. I then went round and cleared up some others I found on the field.

I think the tribute to the man's death was a touching one and I wouldn't want to overshadow it in any way. No-one who was involved had any ill intentions.

The fact they're available for us to buy without knowing they can be a problem is the issue and it needs to be brought to people's attention, Trading Standards being your port of call.

And if you see any lying about instead of moaning and cussing, pick them up and bin them cos I don't think anyone who lit them really had the intention of causing harm to anyone.

Edited by Wild Whippies

its too late now as it has already been done, and i know they are still shitty, but why didnt you just let the one off and maybe light 100 candles? or get everyone there to sign the lantern then light it? nice to show a gesture and that you still really care mate im not condoning that but 100 seems O.T.T. :thumbs:

also no disrespect but no one on here need know that you let them go or why you did so, that sort of thing shouldnt be on a public forum as we know some will grab hold and not let go :thumbs:

No, what he said was that 100 pieces of crap released into the cuntryside is no problem, they cause no harm, yadda yadda yadda.

Then as many know, this isn't true, and this shit is dangerous to live stock , wildlife and pets (your running dogs, er, hence this thread)

He is still unable to accept that his littering is a bit shitty, and that he should just shut up about it and move on, as really, there isn't an excuse for it.

He is wrong, litter is litter what ever the reason, weathers its his 100 pieces of crap or get them outs discarded Stella cans, litter is litter, and is a cuntish thing.

Paid, i do understand about the litter, read back on the 1st page when Hannah said about them killing the prize bull, and Aaron the butcher said they have been found inside the animals. I said they should be banned... I hate litter as much as you do pal....Only said for that instance in our life, it was very comforting to folk to light one..And his sister hadnt been able to grieve, for some reason which i know not, as grieving is a funny thing. These going into the sky brought her down to her knees, and it all came flooding out... To those who cant see the reason why these were let off, then i apoligize.... To those calling me names, well carry on its a forum but i have been through some of your topic starts, and well, some of you dont even have any........

I feel like hanging myself just reading the shit you put on here every day rfyl let alone knowing you. Try getting yourself a job and letting out your frustration there you jumped up little prick. And if this country is so shite, do us all a favour and f**k off and be a know it all in france or somewhere and see if they pay you benefits you SCROUNGER! Get a job and calm down tough guy. Kyle

Not had trouble with the dogs but the sheep and cows eat the wire and it cuts all there insides to bits. not to mention they are still smouldering when they land. They are a liability.

thats strange, do they eat the wire around the fields which make the fencing? barbed wire lay on the floor, Or wire ties etc... thought they just ate fodder and grass..How do you know it cuts all there insides up? just an interesting subject..

As for a liability. The other friday evening when we had a celibration of life for a family friend, 22yr old boy who hung himself on xmas morning, they were perfect, and we let 100 go, into the air with messages on from loved ones, they definatly werent a liability then, and touched quite a lot of people...

Hope you went and picked them up then.

very smart thing to say... :thumbs:

So you condone littering then ??

f**k off. I CONDONE THIS PLACE FOR BEING A SHIT PLACE TO LIVE!! HENCE A VERY GOOD FRIEND HANGING HIMSELF!!

lol, what the f**k are you on.... I run a successful buisness mate..hahaha...i employ people and help the shit country!! benifits, scrounger! piss funny.

you obviously know very little of me, and have just wanted to have a go..... You have made a total fool of your self, yea, maybe i had, but i had reason to post on the topic, a real reason, which opened the debate...Then along come the name callers... you called me "a jumped up little prick" i'm 40 mate..not a chav....lol

You have many good posts and lots of good pics in your contents!:whistling::whistling: ....If you dont like my topics dont read them... I only post on things i know, runnig dogs, fishing... You obviously post on stuff you know feck all about....lol... Atb Mate

Paid, i do understand about the litter, read back on the 1st page when Hannah said about them killing the prize bull, and Aaron the butcher said they have been found inside the animals. I said they should be banned... I hate litter as much as you do pal....Only said for that instance in our life, it was very comforting to folk to light one..And his sister hadnt been able to grieve, for some reason which i know not, as grieving is a funny thing. These going into the sky brought her down to her knees, and it all came flooding out... To those who cant see the reason why these were let off, then i apoligize.... To those calling me names, well carry on its a forum but i have been through some of your topic starts, and well, some of you dont even have any........

what a fecking drama queen you are.feel like taking a running jump myself after reading your shite.

• Like 5