Not had trouble with the dogs but the sheep and cows eat the wire and it cuts all there insides to bits. not to mention they are still smouldering when they land. They are a liability.

thats strange, do they eat the wire around the fields which make the fencing? barbed wire lay on the floor, Or wire ties etc... thought they just ate fodder and grass..How do you know it cuts all there insides up? just an interesting subject..

As for a liability. The other friday evening when we had a celibration of life for a family friend, 22yr old boy who hung himself on xmas morning, they were perfect, and we let 100 go, into the air with messages on from loved ones, they definatly werent a liability then, and touched quite a lot of people...

I was photographing hound pups at the hunt kennels over the summer, whilst there i was asked by 1 of the local vets to photograph a PM ( batteries had gone on his camera) he was there to do on a bull....................... cause of death, ingestion of metal fragments, poisioned the beast. The vet was explaining how many cattle are lost to chinese lanterns. Not good. :thumbdown:

really, so it is a common fault then... Surely they will adventually be banned in this country, if they are damageing livestock, and other animals..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating the life of your friend is admirable, however, letting off 100 lanterns isn't.

I would have to say you are the prick mate, judging by your posts.

what a fecking drama queen you are.feel like taking a running jump myself after reading your shite.

Not had trouble with the dogs but the sheep and cows eat the wire and it cuts all there insides to bits. not to mention they are still smouldering when they land. They are a liability.

thats strange, do they eat the wire around the fields which make the fencing? barbed wire lay on the floor, Or wire ties etc... thought they just ate fodder and grass..How do you know it cuts all there insides up? just an interesting subject..

As for a liability. The other friday evening when we had a celibration of life for a family friend, 22yr old boy who hung himself on xmas morning, they were perfect, and we let 100 go, into the air with messages on from loved ones, they definatly werent a liability then, and touched quite a lot of people...

I was photographing hound pups at the hunt kennels over the summer, whilst there i was asked by 1 of the local vets to photograph a PM ( batteries had gone on his camera) he was there to do on a bull....................... cause of death, ingestion of metal fragments, poisioned the beast. The vet was explaining how many cattle are lost to chinese lanterns. Not good. :thumbdown:

really, so it is a common fault then... Surely they will adventually be banned in this country, if they are damageing livestock, and other animals..

I must admit i was quite surprised when the farmer and vet were telling me. I suspect something will be done before long, given that this particular Bull was a show winning, prize breeding beast, worth a fortune and the Insurance company will be picking up the bill. :yes:

............. Having said that, townies and tourists have been damaging the countryside, livestock and other animals for years.............. and they've never been banned. :no:

The farmer I do some work for is always on about it. They just seem to pick it up and eat it, not saying they seek it out to eat it but if they come accross it they tend to eat it, have more trouble with the cows than the sheep and if anything swallows metal wire its not going to do much good to thier guts. If you want to let them off thats your business mate i'm just illustrating some of the problems they can cause. Very sorry to hear about the lad hanging himself mate.

ATB, Aaron.

Hey Aaron mate, thanks, and dont worry. I should imagine anything eating metal would f**k them up(apart from goats, lol)..Just think it strange that they would eat it, but when you think how thick a sheep is, then i surpose you realise why...There are many things out there which cause haRM.. These are no more dangerous than a plastic bag..

If A dog trips up over it, then it is one unlucky dog... As there are heaps of wire, metal, fence stakes, machinery, old gates etc, lying about in our countryside..

ALRIGHT RFYL NEVER SEEN ANY LYING ABOUT IAGREE ABOUT OLD MACHINES AND B/WIRE HOPE YOUR DOG MENDS QUICK ATB.

never seen one or the remains of one.thought they were made of paper and were biogradable.obviously not lol

They are made of paper but there are to rings of thin metal at the top and bottom to help it keep its shape

oh right cheers mate

never seen one or the remains of one.thought they were made of paper and were biogradable.obviously not lol

you need to get out more, lol. No, maybe you live to far out in the sticks for them to reach you but nearly cities, towns and villages, they are on the increase..

they are banned in china and theres not alot they ban :thumbs:

Hope you went and picked them up then.

very smart thing to say... :thumbs:

So you condone littering then ??

• Like 2

f**k off. I CONDONE THIS PLACE FOR BEING A SHIT PLACE TO LIVE!! HENCE A VERY GOOD FRIEND HANGING HIMSELF!!

One of the biggest problems is that metal gets picked up by the forager as they make silage it gets broken into small pieces in the machine and then it gets eaten as silage.some foragers have big magnets to try and pick up the metal before it gets in to the machine.

Sorry to hear of your loss I can't think of a better way to symbolise some ones passing and I am sure it brought some comfort to those affected :thumbs:

f**k off. I CONDONE THIS PLACE FOR BEING A SHIT PLACE TO LIVE!! HENCE A VERY GOOD FRIEND HANGING HIMSELF!!

Celebrating the life of your friend is admirable, however, letting off 100 lanterns isn't.

• Like 14

no the feckers will eat all sorts. :thumbs:

who is this prick........ and the dick who ticked his post..Dont try to be heartless, your no good at it pal....