RED LIGHT REALLY WORK?

hi lads,

just needed some advice on lamping,

so far we have been using white light, it works a treat to spot the rabbits but they tend to run off straight away or be out of range.

i was looking at buying night vison (ATN MK330 Warrior Night Vision Rifle Scope) however the reviews are pretty bad to be honest and it seems like a lot to spend for a poor turn out.

my mate said that we should try red light instead of white.

is this just an old rumhour or is it better than white light?

i'm kinda looking for pros and cons of it.

i think it wont work due to the filter massively reducing visibility and clarity?

do rabbits not notice red light?

cheers for the help! :):gunsmilie:

it goes like this....everytime i see that light i get a sharp pain in my butt...or...everytime i see that light someonr gets blown away....and ooo look a human agian.....

starts out a really goo dnight shooting, white light 10 million candle power, leaves a black scorch mark on the grass there, th erabbits just arnt bothered.

10 nights on the trot you'll a whit tail disapear at most.

so you try a dimmer white light, maybe see a few one night..

then a dwindling light , see a few eyes so on goes the light to see them...panic as every bunnie legs it..

have a rest for a couple of wweeks at least, use a red or an orange you'll have a good night (or a better than a blank) then it dwindles off..

change to the green the blue the white or what ever, dimming brightning etc etc....untill any sight of a light they run.

at this point there always try nightvision.... IR gen one, untill they suss the IR, then go gen two wihtout IR....

but yes red or orange works a while, and yup i think it is better long turm.(to the same end of the above though. things may not be able to see a colour but a million candle lamp dunn-arf hurt your eyeball, or yes they can see light intencity...)

rabbits/deer cant see orange, rats not red(aparently)

rabbit see in the greens,

rats see at twichlights best in the UV region, and have poor eyes day and night, but still manage to see by day ok in my exsprience lol.

i will repeat though, they can see light inencity............................a mirrion watts in your eyeball with your retina's whide open?? that'll reck wont it.

(the find the shiney thing in your hands...the bigger it is the easier and sooner they suss it. even down to the unoticable red IR torch face, the one you see from at least 100 yards away instantly at night if you look in that general direction)

If the Rabbit doesn't see Orange, should we not just use Orange the whole time for them?

they can see lightness, as in light intencity......and they get used to stuff, you would if you got a wack everytime you 'didnt see the colour' lol.

dont forget when you go out hunting at worst you may get a cut... for them lifes over, that changes 'yu atantions' a bit..

red filter is a must for shooting rabbits imo! it also give's an ideal range of light for the air rifle. just give the field a quick scan whith out the filter to get a rough idea of where the rab's are then backon to get up to them! it also comes in handy for spotting them in cover.

imo night vision definietly has some advantages! but lets be honest its for the boy's who like to pretend they are S.A.S........

lolol..... with one of these i can see......spades a spade, they go off the lamp, you think there isnt any, then oh..look,..ermmm theyre everywhere lol. can recomend NV even without pretending lol.