pcp are they really worth it????????????/

hi si

its not that im p*ssed its feels that people have no faith in the younger shooters,

ive been shooting almost 3 years now and think ive done pretty well over 250 rabbits shot over 100 pigeons and so on.

also my wifes just brought me a range finder,napier cleaning kit new silencer adaptor,qd studs and 5000 air arm pellets :thumbs:

so im still learning alot and stil buying new kit to help me with those ranges

anyways si no hard felling about anything you said

atb steve :thumbs:

Hi Steve,

Dont worry about it mate.

I dont think that you are looking at it in the right way buddy. You shouldnt be thinking that people have no faith in you buddy because they do.

Its not about that mate at all and between me and you it was me and only 4 other regulars on here chatting about some of your posts privately via Pm, Nothing bad was written about you as a person and no one said that they didnt like you etc. It was only the contents of some of your posts were discussed between friends as they would do down the pub etc, so only a small percent of the section regulars and as I said no one was attacking you as a person mate.

I dont think that people dont have faith in the younger shooters at all buddy.

I for one welcome younger shooters and its the only way that our sport will carry on after all the oldies have hung up their rifles (as a football player may say)

There is a young lad on here called Owen Vining, he is all of about 12 or 13 years old and I have been shooting with him 2 days on the run in the UK over Christmas.

That lad is a top young lad, very polite, very mature for his age, listens to what you teach him and puts it very quickly into practice, and boy can this lad shoot for his age.

You will meet him at Davys meet and his Grandmother and probably shoot against him in the HFT if he enters it.

I know for sure that out of the large list of regulars and non regulars attending that meet and entering that HFT that Owen will not be last place and in fact I have that much faith in him after watching him shoot that I would say that a lot of shooters will be beaten by him which when you watch him shoot you wont be embarrassed by it as he is bloody good.

Yep as you say no one knows everything and we are all still learning buddy so carry on with what you are doing.

Dont worry about my comments or anyone elses comments. The forum is designed for comments and discussions and if everyone in the world always agreed with each other then I wouldnt be in a job and there would be no wars anywhere in the world.

You know what is true and whats not mate dont you so who cares really what others think.

Im leaving this here now mate as I feel that I have put a downer on your thread and others peoples enjoyment with my comments but if you want to chat more about it PM me your land line number and ill phone you if you are still upset and we can chat about it more buddy and put this to rest so we can get on to discussing hunting again.

ATB

Si.

Edited by zini

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.(but cheap chinese crap deffo is below the limits lolol).   hi mate   no hard feeling but dont agree with the above statement.   i have had many smk and they are brilliant and ive took rabbits

I grew up shooting springers and they certainly take more practice and patience to shoot consistently well than a PCP, perhaps some of todays young uns starting off with a PCP and never shooting a spr

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it, hunter1989 turned out to be a thieving, lying toe rag.

• 1 year later...

I like most other's were brought up using springers the old diana's bsa meteor's etc etc and at the time loved them i then with age moved onto shotguns rimfires 222's etc untill recently last year i bought a pcp fac airarms s410 hopeing it was going to be a bit more use than my old springers

I was not dissapointed it is a fantistic gun killed hundreds of rabbits etc with it already i now actualy prefere it to my rimfire i am by far no expert on air rifles and do not have any experience with MODERN springers but compared to my old springers this s410 is the difference between a rolls royce and a scrap fiat punto

I will try some modern springers when i get the chance to see for myself how they have moved on since the oldies i had as a kid

If I'm out on a pest control run for rabbits i don't want to be messing about breaking a springer, putting in a pellet at a time. I just take the S410, with its 3 mags, and off i go. If I'm using the night vision and i see 3 rabbits, it's just a case of pulling the trigger, pull back the bolt to reload, repeat till all 3 are dead, you can't do that with a springer. A PCP is just a more efficient tool.

If I'm out on a pest control run for rabbits i don't want to be messing about breaking a springer, putting in a pellet at a time. I just take the S410, with its 3 mags, and off i go. If I'm using the night vision and i see 3 rabbits, it's just a case of pulling the trigger, pull back the bolt to reload, repeat till all 3 are dead, you can't do that with a springer. A PCP is just a more efficient tool.

Horses for courses mate.....in right hands a springer can do the same.....ok takes longer to load but it can be done......in pest control i can see why a pcp is more valued but for pure feel and meat for the pot i will stick with my springer thanks

to answer the original question we in the uk pay well over the odds for any gun were all being ripped of but thats just the uk way.. as for the springer vrs pcp theres pros and cons on both sides i like the german springers but im also getting quite fond of this superten its quite heavy so gives me a springer kind of feel the s200 was abit fly away for me but was great in a hide diffrent tools for diffrent jobs thats all if you was doing alot of night time chiken shed rat shooting it would be pcp all the way for mooching without a care in the world you cant beat a good springer.

kanny

I guess :hmm: they are just like cars.. some people like big, some like small, some like expensive, some like ugly, some like beautiful, some like blinged up monsters, some like fast .. but you get what i mean. In the end you choose your shooter like you choose your car, because it does what you want it to and it fits your budget, so each to there own as long as you have a good time out shooting with it thats all that really matters :laugh:

hi si

its not that im p*ssed its feels that people have no faith in the younger shooters,

ive been shooting almost 3 years now and think ive done pretty well over 250 rabbits shot over 100 pigeons and so on.

also my wifes just brought me a range finder,napier cleaning kit new silencer adaptor,qd studs and 5000 air arm pellets :thumbs:

Hi Steve,

Don’t worry about it mate.

I don’t think that you are looking at it in the right way buddy. You shouldn’t be thinking that people have no faith in you buddy because they do.

It’s not about that mate at all and between me and you it was me and only 4 other regulars on here chatting about some of your posts privately via Pm, Nothing bad was written about you as a person and no one said that they didn’t like you etc. It was only the contents of some of your posts were discussed between friends as they would do down the pub etc, so only a small percent of the section regulars and as I said no one was attacking you as a person mate.

I don’t think that people don’t have faith in the younger shooters at all buddy.

I for one welcome younger shooters and it’s the only way that our sport will carry on after all the oldies have hung up their rifles (as a football player may say)

There is a young lad on here called Owen Vining, he is all of about 12 or 13 years old and I have been shooting with him 2 days on the run in the UK over Christmas.

That lad is a top young lad, very polite, very mature for his age, listens to what you teach him and puts it very quickly into practice, and boy can this lad shoot for his age.

You will meet him at Davys meet and his Grandmother and probably shoot against him in the HFT if he enters it.

I know for sure that out of the large list of regulars and non regulars attending that meet and entering that HFT that Owen will not be last place and in fact I have that much faith in him after watching him shoot that I would say that a lot of shooters will be beaten by him which when you watch him shoot you wont be embarrassed by it as he is bloody good.

Yep as you say no one knows everything and we are all still learning buddy so carry on with what you are doing.

Don’t worry about my comments or anyone else’s comments. The forum is designed for comments and discussions and if everyone in the world always agreed with each other then I wouldn’t be in a job and there would be no wars anywhere in the world.

You know what is true and what’s not mate don’t you so who cares really what others think.

I’m leaving this here now mate as I feel that I have put a downer on your thread and others peoples enjoyment with my comments but if you want to chat more about it PM me your land line number and ill phone you if you are still upset and we can chat about it more buddy and put this to rest so we can get on to discussing hunting again.

ATB

Si.

if i may add too... i find a lot of 'adults/older' peeps just look down on any one younger as a way of being superior or 'in control off', that or its just dead banter on auto pilot.

eather way i found it better as a younger person to stay away from the doubting nellies so they dont limit your potential. i had a faize in my early twenties where i actualy listened to some 'better ' hunters, hmmmm took three months to get rid of the brain bug lol.

end of the day when you find your own way, you'll come on leaps n bounds...

Edited by ghillies

hi si

Hi Steve,

Don’t worry about it mate.

I don’t think that you are looking at it in the right way buddy. You shouldn’t be thinking that people have no faith in you buddy because they do.

It’s not about that mate at all and between me and you it was me and only 4 other regulars on here chatting about some of your posts privately via Pm, Nothing bad was written about you as a person and no one said that they didn’t like you etc. It was only the contents of some of your posts were discussed between friends as they would do down the pub etc, so only a small percent of the section regulars and as I said no one was attacking you as a person mate.

I don’t think that people don’t have faith in the younger shooters at all buddy.

I for one welcome younger shooters and it’s the only way that our sport will carry on after all the oldies have hung up their rifles (as a football player may say)

Don’t worry about my comments or anyone else’s comments. The forum is designed for comments and discussions and if everyone in the world always agreed with each other then I wouldn’t be in a job and there would be no wars anywhere in the world.

You know what is true and what’s not mate don’t you so who cares really what others think.

I’m leaving this here now mate as I feel that I have put a downer on your thread and others peoples enjoyment with my comments but if you want to chat more about it PM me your land line number and ill phone you if you are still upset and we can chat about it more buddy and put this to rest so we can get on to discussing hunting again.

ATB

Si.

if i may add too... i find a lot of 'adults/older' peeps just look down on any one younger as a way of being superior or 'in control off', that or its just dead banter on auto pilot.

eather way i found it better as a younger person to stay away from the doubting nellies so they dont limit your potential. i had a faize in my early twenties where i actualy listened to some 'better ' hunters, hmmmm took three months to get rid of the brain bug lol.

end of the day when you find your own way, you'll come on leaps n bounds...

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it, hunter1989 turned out to be a thieving, lying toe rag.

• Like 1