pcp are they really worth it????????????/

I love springers and like i have said i have never owned a pcp......i went and brought another TX200 today lol thats how much i love em...i now have 2 but want to maybe swap 1 for pcp to see what all the fuss is about....i doubt very much i will ever sell my other springers(infact i know i never will)But the feel of a springer and the recoil even if its not a shoulder thumping recoil is summit i love.A pcp will obviously never give you this feeling and i guess you would feel seperated from from the quarry and rifle.Like has been said the stalking up close with a springer and trying(lol) to cock and load in total silence is summit to behold...more so when you send every living critter within 50yds running for cover.......you learn to do this with practice as you have no choice lol.I can easyly do this now and even sometimes creep a bit closer before taking the shot.Either way i will one day get round to owning a pcp and maybe my mind will be changed(but i doubt it)...i would still like to have one in my cabinet though

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.(but cheap chinese crap deffo is below the limits lolol).   hi mate   no hard feeling but dont agree with the above statement.   i have had many smk and they are brilliant and ive took rabbits

I grew up shooting springers and they certainly take more practice and patience to shoot consistently well than a PCP, perhaps some of todays young uns starting off with a PCP and never shooting a spr

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it, hunter1989 turned out to be a thieving, lying toe rag.

can somebody tell me if there is any weight difference in the s410 .177 and .22 calibers

cheers

yep, the .22's pellets weigh more :whistling:

i gotta admit, since i got my eye in with the '95 i havent used the hw100 that much at all, i just love the feel of the springer, and the simplicity of chuckin some pellets in me pouch and going out for a mooch with it- just classic hunting for the sheer crack of it- :censored: ing ace!!!

cheers, wurz

hi steve, i'm a little scepticle about shots at 50yrds plus with an smk springer. i'm afraid i'd have to see that to believe it. i'm not calling you a liar, but it's hard to believe.

Aaron.

thats a fair quote :thumbs:

but smk are class in my eyes as ive owned the x19 and that what i took the rabbit at 50+ yards and i have proof let me find the pic if i still have it

hi steve, i'm a little scepticle about shots at 50yrds plus with an smk springer. i'm afraid i'd have to see that to believe it. i'm not calling you a liar, but it's hard to believe.

Aaron.

Hey aaron, I have to jump in here as I have witnessed steve take a clean headshot with a gamo underlever at 45yds, as im sure he has me, if steve says he has done nearly the same with his smk I am inclined to beleve him, but as you say mate seeing is beleving, I just happen to have saw it :)

.atb. .ste.

I went from a BSA Airsporter to a Titan Manitou (PCP) dont think I would go back to springers.

I am sure they have changed loads since the Airsporter tho?

As for price once again we shooters get ripped off.

Ammo guns boots clothing.

Mention hunting and the price doubles!!!

Mind been tempted to get my FAC sorted cos have been offered a spanking new 'out of the box' CZ452 17HMR Varmint for £285

reply to the chinese cheepop's...the 20-30 quid ones? shudders, i was on a daystate harrier x and was handed this ermm... well, hmm, how can i put it?

it wasnt a two stage trigger, more a three stage bangy thing hahahaa it was fecin awful! had to grip the trigger, not squeeze it like, but snatch a good grip where it want bang! then the spring took off off with a bang then the final bang as the pellet took off....freigtened me death! heheheh..

blackpool style chinese stuff....basic but work for the price od a second hand cheap scope lol.

50 yards with any springer aint no suprise :whistling:....used to hit the previous pellets in the mud with an 80...that was a zero check.

reply to the chinese cheepop's...the 20-30 quid ones? shudders, i was on a daystate harrier x and was handed this ermm... well, hmm, how can i put it?

it wasnt a two stage trigger, more a three stage bangy thing hahahaa it was fecin awful! had to grip the trigger, not squeeze it like, but snatch a good grip where it want bang! then the spring took off off with a bang then the final bang as the pellet took off....freigtened me death! heheheh..

blackpool style chinese stuff....basic but work for the price od a second hand cheap scope lol.

50 yards with any springer aint no suprise :whistling:....used to hit the previous pellets in the mud with an 80...that was a zero check.

would love to see that dont forget to mention that was with your eyes shut matey :tongue2::thumbs:

I love a good gun, spring or pre, any caliber as long as iv had a bit of practace with it and adjusted my shooting style accordingly, it dosent even have to be a top make as long as accuracy is there and 10ftlb +

Just my two pence lol :)

And no gun is worth hassle if it keeps being a pain in the backside get rid ;)

Just my opinion feel free to slam me on it.

Guess what im saying is when times are hard I will make do with what I can afford.

.atb. .ste.