pcp are they really worth it????????????/

hi lads

ive been thinking after reading a few different posts are pcps worth the money?

well my views are,all they have different than a springer is m/s versions no recoil sound abit better with a silencer and air run of air,

with a springer there a hell of alot cheaper push out the same power less problems dont need to wories about refills and not much go wrong with them :thumbs:

ive been thinking for a while now if i fancy changing back to springers as they are just as good as alot of you already no.

if i was to go for a springer i would be looking at the tx200,bsa lightning,hw95k or maybe a pro sport :thumbs:

in my views when you put a silencer on a pcp it make no differents than without,due to if there 3 or 4 rabbits sitting together and you shoot one the rest still run of :whistling:

so whats your views on pcps im not saying i will part with mine as i love it

atb steve

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.(but cheap chinese crap deffo is below the limits lolol).   hi mate   no hard feeling but dont agree with the above statement.   i have had many smk and they are brilliant and ive took rabbits

I grew up shooting springers and they certainly take more practice and patience to shoot consistently well than a PCP, perhaps some of todays young uns starting off with a PCP and never shooting a spr

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it, hunter1989 turned out to be a thieving, lying toe rag.

Only ever shot mate's pcp and to be honest apart from being lighter and quieter there was no diff in end result.....infact i felt my springer shot better and seemed to hit harder than his pcp but as i have no experiance really with them i cannot really comment....i love the feel of a springer though

depends how you look at it, some where theres kids and adults wonging bricks with string saying 'do you think the new plastic pouch's are as accurate''...

years back muskets were hiting doves in flight, before that bows n crossbows, so, depends how you see it.

springers are more consistant shot to shot, noisier, and one shot. bit of a bitch setting the power up though, they chew scopes up worse than a rimmy centafire etc..and silencing them usualy means a comprise on power.

pcp.. multi shot, easily power set, bugger all recoil, very quiet so if you have tinitous, ME or anything that doesnt apresiate a bang..spot on.

bad side...theyre always in the press under presure by tw@t bags, need a bottle to fill, and cost more, butthey dont eat scopes like springer.(the innerds arnt complex..just need setting if you can do it, or more exspence paying).

i'd say yup to pcp's... failing that i'd be on a springer, you get used to what you fire.(but cheap chinese crap deffo is below the limits lolol).

oh getting an open sight rig for a pcp isnt as easy as a springer.

i used to be dead against owning a pcp the main 2 reasons are

1.the price of them

2.having to refill them and and not having a bottle to fill

but i had my first contact with a pcp on a day out and when i held it and felt the weight and noise difference i have to admit i was quite impressed

i would never go without a good springer for all the obvious reasons but i will be putting some coin aside and adding a pcp to my arsenal at some point in the future

i will add this aswell not that it will make much difference just plainly on an pleasing to the eye point of view imo that some pcp's are very ugly and i personally dont like ie.bsa super10 where under the barrel is the large bottle whereas the air arms have a very thin one and is quite un-noticable

like i say personal preferance

depends how you look at it, some where theres kids and adults wonging bricks with string saying 'do you think the new plastic pouch's are as accurate''...

years back muskets were hiting doves in flight, before that bows n crossbows, so, depends how you see it.

springers are more consistant shot to shot, noisier, and one shot. bit of a bitch setting the power up though, they chew scopes up worse than a rimmy centafire etc..and silencing them usualy means a comprise on power.

pcp.. multi shot, easily power set, bugger all recoil, very quiet so if you have tinitous, ME or anything that doesnt apresiate a bang..spot on.

bad side...theyre always in the press under presure by tw@t bags, need a bottle to fill, and cost more, butthey dont eat scopes like springer.(the innerds arnt complex..just need setting if you can do it, or more exspence paying).

i'd say yup to pcp's... failing that i'd be on a springer, you get used to what you fire.(but cheap chinese crap deffo is below the limits lolol).

.(but cheap chinese crap deffo is below the limits lolol).

hi mate

no hard feeling but dont agree with the above statement.

i have had many smk and they are brilliant and ive took rabbits out at 50+ yards with them :thumbs:

alot of people underestimate smk rifle and otherchinese makes but why spend hundreds on a pcp like i did when you can buy a couple of very relible springers.im being bias really as most of my rifles have been pcps but i miss shooting a springer,.

but like i said this is my opinion

atb steve

• Like 1

I had a TX200HC in .177, probably thought by many to be one of the best springers in the world, but after a couple of hours out with it, fatigue started setting in and tracking squirrels through the scope became impossible as the weight of it kept it moving past the target. pointing it up trees for any length of time became knackering and if i went out 2 or 3 days in a row with it, my wrist really knew about it. Thankfully one day my friend broke it so i sold it for 100 quid and put the money towards my first PCP and i've never enjoyed shooting so much, all the extra money has certainly paid off and my only regret is wasting 450 quid on the TX in the first place.

I'm certainly not against springers, my mate and his SMK 19 outshot me and the TX on every outing, he got rid of that for a webley stingray and i could shoot that better than the TX and another friend had a weihrauch with gas ram (97k maybe?) which was very accurate, if not a bit heavy .So i know in the right hands springers are very capable tools and one day hope to find one thats right for me but until then my loyalties lie with the PCP. I have never had a more comfortable time out shooting and to me, the peace of mind you get from not having to contend with recoil and weight, you just can't put a price on it.

I had a TX200HC in .177, probably thought by many to be one of the best springers in the world, but after a couple of hours out with it, fatigue started setting in and tracking squirrels through the scope became impossible as the weight of it kept it moving past the target. pointing it up trees for any length of time became knackering and if i went out 2 or 3 days in a row with it, my wrist really knew about it. Thankfully one day my friend broke it so i sold it for 100 quid and put the money towards my first PCP and i've never enjoyed shooting so much, all the extra money has certainly paid off and my only regret is wasting 450 quid on the TX in the first place.

I'm certainly not against springers, my mate and his SMK 19 outshot me and the TX on every outing, he got rid of that for a webley stingray and i could shoot that better than the TX and another friend had a weihrauch with gas ram (97k maybe?) which was very accurate, if not a bit heavy .So i know in the right hands springers are very capable tools and one day hope to find one thats right for me but until then my loyalties lie with the PCP. I have never had a more comfortable time out shooting and to me, the peace of mind you get from not having to contend with recoil and weight, you just can't put a price on it.

hi mate it is the hw90 which is the gas ram

Im starting to think the same way mate

Although there's no denying pcp's are excellent and a major tool when it comes to hunting, but springers are just more fun to shoot. Since I got my Prosport I've enjoyed shooting it more than my S410. Although to be honest I've not been out hunting much recently so most of my shooting has been on metal targets and paper, but it is more fun to plink away in the back garden with a springer, and I do seem to be getting better at it.

If I was to go hunting justnow though, I would defo take the S410 just becuase I can shoot out to further distances with it at the moment, but once I can shoot accuaretly to say 40 yards with the Prosport I will be taking it hunting

hi mate

i have had many smk and they are brilliant and ive took rabbits out at 50+ yards with them :thumbs:

alot of people underestimate smk rifle and otherchinese makes but why spend hundreds on a pcp like i did when you can buy a couple of very relible springers.im being bias really as most of my rifles have been pcps but i miss shooting a springer,.

atb steve

my first ever kill was with a chinese copy of a TX200, a headshotted pheasant. some shits burgled my house and nicked that rifle so i used my imagination a bit when claiming on the insurance and bought myself a real TX200 with the proceeds and the feel of the two rifles in the shoulder were not that different. the inner workings of the air arms were probably way superior though. Oh, and check this out for a punchline, i walked into the gunshop to go shopping for the TX200 and thought "nice one, they've got one in. Went to look at the one they had mounted on the wall and it was only MY STOLEN RIFLE!!! that they had unwittingly bought of the thieving censored.gif that did my house over!

I grew up shooting springers and they certainly take more practice and patience to shoot consistently well than a PCP, perhaps some of todays young uns starting off with a PCP and never shooting a springer in anger are missing out on something? The humble springer made me improve my field craft in order to get within 20-25 yards to take a shot and think more about shot placement as missing with a noisy springer and the movement of cocking and reloading can scare off all but the daftest of game.

The PCP is a fantastic tool, almost silent, very accurate and available in multi shot, for me it lacks some of the soul and feeling for the response of the gun you get from a springer. While sniping at bunnies from 35-40 yards is certainly an effective way of bagging them to me it lacks some of the thrill of creeping in to springer range and carefully choosing your intended target. I have both springers and PCP, yes the PCP and all the charging tackle can be expensive but if you are patient and lucky you can pick it all up for a reasonable price second hand.

If I need to clear large numbers of vermin the PCP comes out, if I am just out for a couple for the pot then I take the springer. As I have gotten older it has become less important to focus on getting massive bags and taking long range (risky and not always respectful towards your quarry) shots. Now I get more satisfaction from a smaller bag taken up close and personal (and with more skill) than going and blatting 20,30 or 40 coneys or roosting pigeons.

• Like 1

hi mate

atb steve

50 yards plus i would not even try that with a pcp never mind a springer :thumbdown:

hi mate

atb steve

50 yards plus i would not even try that with a pcp never mind a springer :thumbdown:

yep 50+ plus and i go for longer ranges with my s400 :thumbs: i am the hillbilly sniper :thumbs: