Methods of Training young dogs to various quarry.

Guest rothbury ratter

It will be interesting for all you posters ,to share your methods of training young dogs for their skills in their chosen quarry i.e fox,rabbit to the smaller game of ratting.

I believe the majority of dogs have the hunting instinct, but need that little bit of guidance for them to prove to their master that they understand what they are hunting for.

I have only ever used my dogs on rat,and when out and about it is fantastic to watch them work as a team.

I must admit I may be a bit green on how a young un is trained in other quarry.

RR. :big_boss:

I think with my very limited experience it's more a matter of training them what NOT to run, rather than trying to train them what to run and hunt. Obviously with young dogs, there's a time limit involved, especially for things that bite back.

Guest rothbury ratter
do you live in jack land or near it ?.... i from that area ..... pm me if you dont want to say on the forum

In jackland.

westside Tawe.

How about you. Are you working for the rspca or something. :ph34r:

Or are you from the corvid cruelty association,or from the royal protection of norway rat cruelty alliance.

Viva la Trundle. :rocker:

maybe i am but your bullshit posts ring alarm bells ..... west side of the tawe thats a lot of f*****g country ... you care to narrow it down a bit .................