What dogs you use ferreting

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is asked so many times... The question should be who would have the balls to put 500quid on there dog being right every time!!! :whistling::whistling:

I would... hey this could be a good little money earner, lol...

As in - who would put 500 quid that a mark means a rabbit?

Yeah mate... If the dog doesnt mark,, ferret it, and if there is anything home, i lose..If the dog does mark, and there isnt anything home, i lose... But if it gets it right, who ever loses....

post-17284-0-85363900-1294752901_thumb.jpg

This question is asked so many times... The question should be who would have the balls to put 500quid on there dog being right every time!!! :whistling::whistling:

I would... hey this could be a good little money earner, lol...

As in - who would put 500 quid that a mark means a rabbit?

Yeah mate... If the dog doesnt mark,, ferret it, and if there is anything home, i lose..If the dog does mark, and there isnt anything home, i lose... But if it gets it right, who ever loses....

No problem!

Nice lookin dog there.

Use a collie/grey.........steady but still sharp.

Cheers steve............only been using her for ferreting for about a year she was always a lamper but she took to ferreting like a seasoned dog.Any dog I have now has some big shoes to fill.......she's a true pleasure to work :thumbs:

cant beat collie types with good qaulity grew through them they come in at 22 to 25 fast desperqte and got a bit coat for cold days saw 5 generaitions of these type and yet to see them betterd at the old ferreting game yet to see dogs like them for a while ,anybody ever see m chapmans bob d sleights kissy katie milly my luke lana etc if i was serous into rabbiting wouldnt goank further soft mouthed desperate to catch and good sound dogs bred from worker to worker