78 replies to this topic

#76 rossi_j

rossi_j

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:33 pm

Hi, Ste.The bow's rated at 150lb draw weight. It's a compound bow with a four limb prod, hence the Quad in the name. According to the specks it shoots at around 350fps giving about 130ft'lbs, if I remember right. They are rather high maintainance though, you've got to wax the strings after every 5 shots or they're knackered in no time, even then they can need re stringing after as little as 50 shots. They are fragile and really need a lot more TLC than a gun.I put a little blob of Tipex on each arrow after it's been fired 'cos after 8 or so shots, the accuracy starts to go off.That said, when all's good it'll shoot to around an inch at 30 yards and by feck, whatever you've hit stays hit http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... targets, of course....Cheers.

Sweet, it is crazy that if you sneak over 12ftlb with an air rifle your in deep sh!t, but you can have one of them lol
.atb. .ste.

#77 andyfr1968

andyfr1968

Pro hunter/fettler

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:55 pm

Hi, Ste.The bow's rated at 150lb draw weight. It's a compound bow with a four limb prod, hence the Quad in the name. According to the specks it shoots at around 350fps giving about 130ft'lbs, if I remember right. They are rather high maintainance though, you've got to wax the strings after every 5 shots or they're knackered in no time, even then they can need re stringing after as little as 50 shots. They are fragile and really need a lot more TLC than a gun.I put a little blob of Tipex on each arrow after it's been fired 'cos after 8 or so shots, the accuracy starts to go off.That said, when all's good it'll shoot to around an inch at 30 yards and by feck, whatever you've hit stays hit http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... targets, of course....Cheers.

Sweet, it is crazy that if you sneak over 12ftlb with an air rifle your in deep sh!t, but you can have one of them lol
.atb. .ste.

I does seem daft, don't it? :blink:

I guess part of their disjointed reasoning is high power bows of any kind are so big and bulky and take a relatively long time to load, they're not exactly a very practical tool compared to a modern rifle of any kind and it's not like you could hide the bloody things under your jacket :laugh:

They are very pleasing to use though, very rewarding when it all comes together :D

#78 rossi_j

rossi_j

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:27 pm

I bet it is, those "targets" dont stand a chance :) lol
.atb. .ste.

#79 andyfr1968

andyfr1968

Pro hunter/fettler

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:34 pm

I bet it is, those "targets" dont stand a chance http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... lol
.atb. .ste.

:laugh: :D :thumbs: :angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users