yellow pages power test

Hi, Ste.The bow's rated at 150lb draw weight. It's a compound bow with a four limb prod, hence the Quad in the name. According to the specks it shoots at around 350fps giving about 130ft'lbs, if I remember right. They are rather high maintainance though, you've got to wax the strings after every 5 shots or they're knackered in no time, even then they can need re stringing after as little as 50 shots. They are fragile and really need a lot more TLC than a gun.I put a little blob of Tipex on each arrow after it's been fired 'cos after 8 or so shots, the accuracy starts to go off.That said, when all's good it'll shoot to around an inch at 30 yards and by feck, whatever you've hit stays hit :thumbs: targets, of course....Cheers.

Sweet, it is crazy that if you sneak over 12ftlb with an air rifle your in deep sh!t, but you can have one of them lol

.atb. .ste.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not just put it over a chrony?   Kyle

Get it over a chrony , no other way is worth doin . For example if you get it taken to be checked and it turns out over power, do you think the police will take seriously the way you`ve tested for pow

Clean the barrel with a decent pull through . Then re-lead , which should take about 50 or so pellets . To lube your pellets you use a pellet lube ( not just any old oil ) i use napier pellet lube . G

Hi, Ste.The bow's rated at 150lb draw weight. It's a compound bow with a four limb prod, hence the Quad in the name. According to the specks it shoots at around 350fps giving about 130ft'lbs, if I remember right. They are rather high maintainance though, you've got to wax the strings after every 5 shots or they're knackered in no time, even then they can need re stringing after as little as 50 shots. They are fragile and really need a lot more TLC than a gun.I put a little blob of Tipex on each arrow after it's been fired 'cos after 8 or so shots, the accuracy starts to go off.That said, when all's good it'll shoot to around an inch at 30 yards and by feck, whatever you've hit stays hit :thumbs: targets, of course....Cheers.

Sweet, it is crazy that if you sneak over 12ftlb with an air rifle your in deep sh!t, but you can have one of them lol

.atb. .ste.

I does seem daft, don't it? :blink:

I guess part of their disjointed reasoning is high power bows of any kind are so big and bulky and take a relatively long time to load, they're not exactly a very practical tool compared to a modern rifle of any kind and it's not like you could hide the bloody things under your jacket :laugh:

They are very pleasing to use though, very rewarding when it all comes together :D