yellow pages power test

hi all

i think my power down on my s400,ive been told if i shoot a yellow pages at 10 yards and get someone else to do it with a sub12/lb i should be able to tell if this is down by how many pages they go threw can anyone do this for me and see how many page they go threw please

atb steve

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not just put it over a chrony?   Kyle

Get it over a chrony , no other way is worth doin . For example if you get it taken to be checked and it turns out over power, do you think the police will take seriously the way you`ve tested for pow

Clean the barrel with a decent pull through . Then re-lead , which should take about 50 or so pellets . To lube your pellets you use a pellet lube ( not just any old oil ) i use napier pellet lube . G

hi all

i think my power down on my s400,ive been told if i shoot a yellow pages at 10 yards and get someone else to do it with a sub12/lb i should be able to tell if this is down by how many pages they go threw can anyone do this for me and see how many page they go threw please

atb steve

Why not just put it over a chrony?

Kyle

• Like 1

You should point out its .177 domed pellet aswel ;)

Very rough test but should show you weather or not your rifle is under power or not,

I got 920ish pages including the front cover that had a tear in, with the impression going a little further.

My rifle chrono'd at 10.6/10.7

Hope thats a little help.

.atb. .ste.

hi lads

thanks for the comments

i just feel my rifles undr power and its not a tamper vesion either :thumbdown:

if it is who do i send it to and how much to get pack up to the standards?

also i was thinking in buying some heavyer pellets should this help if the power down?

atb steve

Get it over a chrony , no other way is worth doin . For example if you get it taken to be checked and it turns out over power, do you think the police will take seriously the way you`ve tested for power , or will they laff their bollox off ??

• Like 1

Get it over a chrony , no other way is worth doin . For example if you get it taken to be checked and it turns out over power, do you think the police will take seriously the way you`ve tested for power , or will they laff their bollox off ??

Hey bust I know what you are saying, but we know its not over as it hasent been touched since factory set, steve just thinks it may have lost a bit, obviously steve would put it over a chrony if he had one to hand.

Just a quick solution, a chrony has been orderd ;)

.atb. .ste.

make sure you physically watch your dealer chrono your rifle if you take it in. i never did as the chrono was in a back room, the guy TOLD me it was pushing out 8 ft/lbs so i gave him 30 quid to "bring it back up to power". i will never know if it was ACTUALLY under-powered or not.

Have agree with Buster, despite the Yellow Pages being fun to 'blast' through , Best route to be 100% sure is through a Dealers Calibrated Chrono.

My HW100S is powering at around 11.7 with 16grain .22 AA Diablo Fields through a calibrated SKAN .

Edit...

Forgot to add, No Yellow Pages to hand for a reference shot as MrsOak has recycled all the Telephone Directories :laugh:

Edited by MightyOak

Hunter. For lubing your pellets, you need an oil that won't "diesel" when you blast it with high pressure air in the chamber, so no, normal oil won't do. I use the Napier pellet lube, which seems to work well, and isn't so expensive. Most importantly of all it shows no signs of burning at any time.

hi lads

also im getting a flyer after around every 5-6 pellets im using aa field but im not getting any with bisley magnums :blink:

Clean the barrel with a decent pull through . Then re-lead , which should take about 50 or so pellets . To lube your pellets you use a pellet lube ( not just any old oil ) i use napier pellet lube . Get the pellets in a bowl of warm water and 1 drop of washing-up luquid ( only 1 drop ) and gently move them around untill your happy they have all been `swilled` .Take em out and gently pat em dry , pour slowly on a tea towel and pat em with kitchen roll untill as much water as possible is gone , then sperad em out on clean kitchen roll and leave to dry in a warm place overnight . Next day ( this is where people use too much lube that is totally pointless and causes flyers ) put one spray if using the spray bottle or 2 drops if its the dropper bottle into a plastic bag . Gently tip your dry pellets into the bag , and roll the around for about 5 minutes ensuring all the pellets are coated in lube . Then again pour out and leave to dry overnight , on clean kitchen towel , and hey presto , clean lubed pellets . :thumbs:

• Like 1