Wildfowling wanted scotland.

Was talking to one of the guys i beat with on our shoot who likes a few shooting trips each season for a bit of a change of scenery. He was talking about a trip to scotland to do some wildfowling and possibly some rough shooting during the day during the next shooting season. We would be looking for a 2 - 4 days with a morning and an evening flight, mainly for geese, with possibly (but not essential) some rough shooting during the day. If anyone knows anyone or anywhere were we can get this kind of shooting either reply to post or pm prices etc. I would be very much grateful, cheers lads & lasses.

PS i have posted this in the shooting opportunities section too.

Was talking to one of the guys i beat with on our shoot who likes a few shooting trips each season for a bit of a change of scenery. He was talking about a trip to scotland to do some wildfowling and possibly some rough shooting during the day during the next shooting season. We would be looking for a 2 - 4 days with a morning and an evening flight, mainly for geese, with possibly (but not essential) some rough shooting during the day. If anyone knows anyone or anywhere were we can get this kind of shooting either reply to post or pm prices etc. I would be very much grateful, cheers lads & lasses.

PS i have posted this in the shooting opportunities section too.

For 20 years I visited the Solway for the geese and in the early days used a lot of different guides before going it alone. This bloke is possibly the longest standing BASC registered guide up there who puts on good Wildfowling/mini driven/rough shoot short breaks. I believe he's still in the game but google him to see just in case. I never used him but he has good rep.

Just seen this:- http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/news/510269/Wildfowling__quotUnprecedented_numbersquot_of_pinkfeet_on_the_Solway.html

Edited by Pink or stink

Do Not choose davie campbell he is a waster he takes you onto the shore and 95% of the geese are too high

when he takes you rough shooting he told us to shoot pheasents on the ground some guide that is

the food he supplies i wouldnt give to my dog and his wife would hardly say hello

Do Not choose davie campbell he is a waster he takes you onto the shore and 95% of the geese are too high

when he takes you rough shooting he told us to shoot pheasents on the ground some guide that is

the food he supplies i wouldnt give to my dog and his wife would hardly say hello

Jesus' so it's his fault the geese are high!! Pheasants on the ground!! pmsl

Yes if he said shoot them on the ground ffs.......... :wallbash:

Read it again, he's a crap guide because the geese are high? did you miss that bit?

As if a BASC registered guide is likely to condone shooting pheasants on the ground??

Read it again, he's a crap guide because the geese are high? did you miss that bit?

As if a BASC registered guide is likely to condone shooting pheasants on the ground??

Hahahahah....is this the bit where you tell me that all goose guides are reputable business men. :doh:

Hahahahah....is this the bit where you tell me that all goose guides are reputable business men. :doh:

No, but stick to the point, the height of the geese is his fault yes???

No, but stick to the point, the height of the geese is his fault yes???

So are you telling me that goose guides cant take groups of lads to places where they can see plenty geese but wont get a shot? They are quite capable of taking guns close to the water for geese leaving in the morning knowing that little or no shots will be available......yes/no...?

They willingly know that most of the guns will see geese but never get a chance to have a shot. They happily take your money whether you get under the geese or not. Most of them (guides) couldn't give a toss if you go home with clean barrells, I shot for over 35 years and covered most of the best wildfowling haunts but did it alone for best effect. Guides are an evil necessity when starting out and as siad earlier, I never used this bloke. But to hold the bloke responsible for the height of geese is crazy, to slag his food is daft, to knock his missus is barmy so when you are presented with comments like this you have to think there's something in the background that just doesn't sound right.

As for the Solway the place is so overshot I can't imagine how any guide would have any success getting guns near to the birds.

They willingly know that most of the guns will see geese but never get a chance to have a shot. They happily take your money whether you get under the geese or not. Most of them (guides) couldn't give a toss if you go home with clean barrells, I shot for over 35 years and covered most of the best wildfowling haunts but did it alone for best effect. Guides are an evil necessity when starting out and as siad earlier, I never used this bloke. But to hold the bloke responsible for the height of geese is crazy, to slag his food is daft, to knock his missus is barmy so when you are presented with comments like this you have to think there's something in the background that just doesn't sound right.

As for the Solway the place is so overshot I can't imagine how any guide would have any success getting guns near to the birds.

I know a couple of guides myself and i know what goes on so thats why i commented. I agree maybe slagging everything off was a bit off a mistake but i suppose when you have forked out the money then you have a right to vent. Nice to have a little debate on here though without the name calling for a change.... :thumbs:

Agree, were here because we have common interests, I don't shoot anymore but I still defend the way of life and always will.

I lost count of the times I blamed the guide for still weather, shit food, high geese so I know it's frustrating but I'd always go back for more.

• Like 1

Im on foreshore but i still shot lead and they were low as anything and im not from hull by the way

Do Not choose davie campbell he is a waster he takes you onto the shore and 95% of the geese are too high when he takes you rough shooting he told us to shoot pheasents on the ground some guide that is

/quote]Im on foreshore but i still shot lead and they were low as anything and im not from hull by the way

You posted that on 11th october

You really need to make your mind up lad too high! low as anything! shooting lead, slagging a well known guide off and his wife Joyce not much respect for much have you lad?