Shooting large to small targets at 50 metres

zini

:censored: me but you boys can shoot!!! :notworthy:

spot on lads, both entertaining and inspirational :thumbs:

if it makes you feel a bit better tony, we've missed you here so at least you know youve friends about when youre back mate, but really pleased you had such a great time mate.

all the best, wurz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few ideas for you si but it has to be minimum 45m. 1, shooting through a polo

2,Stanley knife blade stuck in on it's point 2 beer cans behind at either side shot at the blade split the pellet and knock the 2 cans over

3,match stuck in with red Flint bit on top scratch the top of the match with a pellet shot to see if you can light the match

We all know witch half of the crazy lads are crazy dont we steve! :):)

Thats it lure phantom down here then we can get the thumb screws out and get all that info he has learnt from si out of him ha ha haaaa!

Joking aside you are more than welcome phantom, you too si and lj.

It has been great seeing what you have been getting up to over the water,

Iv started collecting milk bottle lids for me and steve to have a go on ;)

Were gona push our envelope out from 15 to 20yds and hopefully manage a 6" grouping (weather permiting).

Some top posts chaps :)

.atb. .ste.

Flipping eche lads I'm just a average shot not a miracle maker.

I could do the dust cap, pea, drawing pin head, cigarette filter I'm sure if the weather conditions were perfect but Stanley blade, match stick and .177 pellet is out of my league.

If I did attempt the lower list I would have to shoot many times then lie and edit the shots and I don't see any benefit in doing that as I would only be trying to make out I'm better than I am.

That's what's been good with having Tony here with me, he knows that today I had 3 shots and 3 shots only and hit 3 targets.

Si

i have a 50 meter one, drill a ten pence peace, string it on a L shape wire, sooner or later i'll hang edge on...

hi mag with a daystate harrierX i found AA feilds had the edge on daystes lol, AA's were like 3-4 out of 5 hitting the edge or skimming full on the side, daystates were 2-3 with less side clips, so AA's deffo better,that was unsorted pellets but siscarding bad skirts by eye.(benched after setting up a 10-50x60 sidewheel house brick lol...)

Edited by ghillies

Flipping heck Ghillies :o ,

That's some serious shooting there buddy :notworthy: .

Hat off to you pal, and that type of accuracy is way out of my league at the moment buddy :doh: .

You need to get yourself to Davy’s next meet. With shooting as good as that and that consistent (3-4 out of 5) at 50 metres you will walk away with the best shot trophy mate :toast: .

Mind you I suppose if you were to crank the mag up to x 50 power on your FT scope it would equate to the 10p piece looking like about a 1 metre away target, so a lot easier than on x 6 where it would be still hard to see the edge of the coin as the cross hairs would be thicker than the edge :wallbash: .

Never the less very impressive mate :thumbs: .

Would love to see that done on here as a thread buddy and videoed, maybe you would care to do a demo of it being done mate and i will add it to my next DVD? :yes:

It will show others viewers the potential and accuracy of a sub 12 air rifle used in the right hands :thumbs:

ATB

Si

Edited by zini

:censored: me but you boys can shoot!!! :notworthy:

spot on lads, both entertaining and inspirational :thumbs:

if it makes you feel a bit better tony, we've missed you here so at least you know youve friends about when youre back mate, but really pleased you had such a great time mate.

all the best, wurz

Thanks Wurz, I appreciate it :)

The vids came together brilliantly didn't it. It was very inspiring watching Si do that and watching him shoot just urged me on to do equally well :yes:

Si's encouragement and belief in the guns accuracy as well as my ability gave me huge confidance to do it. :notworthy:

And thanks again to the rest of you guy's for your comments :)

Phantom

Hello and good morning Tony :D

Work is really hard as you can see :tongue2::laugh:

On a personal note mate, you have all the natural talent to shoot just as good as the best, you just needed to have faith in yourself and your own abilities which you now have :thumbs: .

Take back with you today when you depart my house what we have done together regarding shooting and calibration over the past week and try applying it to your own style of shooting mate.

You will see a huge amount of improvement Im sure and your shooting will go from strength to strength :thumbs: .

As you know mate there is a lot more to skillful and accurate shooting than just going out with your rifle and shooting a bunny at 40 yards like some may think.

Combo correct setup, calibration of that rifle, scope and pellet combo, understanding the ballistics of what your pellet is doing and at what part of its trajectory its doing it, understanding and mastering scope reticules and practice, practice practice are just a few and are required to make a all round shooter.

Si

Edited by zini