Shooting large to small targets at 50 metres

zini

Hi lads,

Well its Tony’s final day with me and LJ today as he departs for home tomorrow afternoon :doh::no: .

It’s been a pleasure to spend time with him and both me and LJ have become very close to him :yes: .

To finish a really good week of calibration shooting and plinking both me and Tony decided to go and do some extreme 12 ft/lb air rifle max range target shooting :thumbs: .

We lased a target back stop at 50 metres and them both shot at 3 targets straight after one another.

Target 1 was a milk bottle top off a standard 2 litre bottle of milk at 38 millimetres in diameter :thumbs: .

Target 2 was a beer bottle top, even smaller at just 30 millimetres ;) .

Target 3 was a tooth paste top, very tiny in deed at 19 millimetres by 15 millimetres :whistling: .

All the shots were taken without any misses or fancy editing trickery, and what you see is what happened in reality :thumbs: .

There were no re takes etc, and no bull sh-tting from us both, 100% legitimate shooting 1 after the other :yes: .

Enjoy

Si.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its like an air gunning boot camp over there :)

Great shooting, was trying to think of something with a smaller lid than a toothepaste tube but drew a blank.

Well done, but where to go next???

Just out of curiosity do you think there is rabbit stopping power with a well placed shot at 70yds +?

.atb lads. .ste.

Thanks guy's

Yes We have had a good time together and my Most Sincere and Heartfelt Thanks to both Si and Laura for having me as they're guest, the hospitality and generosity they have has been fantastic :yes::notworthy:

Si has taught me to push my skills to the limit and then blow through that limit and go for the next one. What we were doing today was refining and honing my skils, I promis I will continue to refine them by doing much more distance work and getting better than I have ever been.

As Si say's; today is my last full day with them for a while :cry: and I return to the UK tomorrow.

Thank goodness for this forum and modern telecoms systems :yes:

Thanks for the comments regarding what Si and I have achieved over here and we'll both keep you updated as to what we are up to :D

Phantom

Its like an air gunning boot camp over there :)

Great shooting, was trying to think of something with a smaller lid than a toothepaste tube but drew a blank.

Well done, but where to go next???

Just out of curiosity do you think there is rabbit stopping power with a well placed shot at 70yds +?

.atb lads. .ste.

Advanced Boot Camp :11:

I know exactly what energy it takes to drop a bunny and if you run your stats through something like CGP it will answer your question for you.

I dont mind shooting paper and other objects at that range but if I were to try and drop a bunny at those sort of ranges, I'd be slated to kingdom come!

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Fair play to you, fellas :thumbs:

Sounds like it's done you a power of good, Tony, in more ways than one and big respect to Si and Laura for what must've been a fantastic experience.

Cheers :notworthy:

It has indeed Andy,

Something I'll treasure forever :yes: Just wish I could get rid of this 'cold, tight knot in my stomach that keeps appearing when I think about going home :(

hi tony

dont you worry buddy im sure there be another time you can meet up with si and l.j again :thumbs:

fancy coming to cheltenham one day buddy meet me and ste(THE CRAZY LADS)and also we can arrage a night shoot with davyt63 and his crew(THE LEGENDS)

atb steve

Fair play to you, fellas :thumbs:

Sounds like it's done you a power of good, Tony, in more ways than one and big respect to Si and Laura for what must've been a fantastic experience.

Cheers :notworthy:

It has indeed Andy,

Something I'll treasure forever :yes: Just wish I could get rid of this 'cold, tight knot in my stomach that keeps appearing when I think about going home :(

It'll all work out in time, Tony. It's kind acts like this that makes all the other sh*te bearable. Stick with it and look to the future, mate :thumbs:

hi tony

dont you worry buddy im sure there be another time you can meet up with si and l.j again :thumbs:

fancy coming to cheltenham one day buddy meet me and ste(THE CRAZY LADS)and also we can arrage a night shoot with davt63 and his crew(THE LEDGENDS)

atb steve

Classic Steve,

Crazy lads and the Legends :laugh:

I need to think of a name for mine and Tony's crew then :yes:

What about “The bottle top assassins†:laugh::toast:

Si.