charging 12v 7amp battery

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good luck but i doubt they will be cheap brand new mate mine was off a scrap one but its worth a try let us no how you get on

Get a bigger battery 12v 7amp does not give much lamping time try a 12v 14amp and get a charger with an indicator on it will tell you when its full,if you havent got much money to throw into a battery try ringing round moter bike shops they usualy have a second hand one in and only charge a tenner :thumbs:

Guest stewie

ive give up on the 7 amp batterys because, in basic terms, they are shit :laugh: for a little bulb like the clulite then yes you might get a decent shift out of one say about about 2-3 hrs lamping but lets be honest here clulites are shit lamps and the price you can pay for these are ridiculous :yes: :yes: ive been f*****g around with 7 amps this season but on our last night out my high watt lamp lasted about an hr most :doh: :doh: so ive gave up with them now and put my 12v 26 amp on charge :laugh: :laugh: its off a scrap disability scooter i got out of a garage clearance a few years back but its not overly heavy, completely sealed and once fully charged up will last all night long for 3-4 nights out :toast: :toast: my advice to anyone looking for a battery would be to go down a local scrap yard with a tester and ask if you can go through the batterys and see whats there. if you have not got a test just use a piece of wire and touch the terminals together, if you get a spark then the batterys is good :thumbs: i got three perfectly good 7 amp batterys for £5 and the same one in arthur carters are about £17 EACH :icon_eek: get a cheap car charger with LED indicators and you will be set up for life :laugh::thumbs: :thumbs:

I get what youre saying, but i use the 7amps as there a tenner at mole valley if i need more lamping time i can buy an extra one and swap over during the session, i just wanted to know how long it takes to recharge a 7amp battery as i cant remember what the instructions said cheers matt ps im using a plug in mains charger

Edited by matt32
Guest stewie

thanks mate there is a disability scooter shop down road from me im off there now before it shuts see [bANNED TEXT] i can get

good luck but i doubt they will be cheap brand new mate :thumbs: mine was off a scrap one but its worth a try let us no how you get on :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest stewie

I get what youre saying, but i use the 7amps as there a tenner at mole valley if i need more lamping time i can buy an extra one and swap over during the session, i just wanted to know how long it takes to recharge a 7amp battery as i cant remember what the instructions said cheers matt ps im using a plug in mains charger

fair play to you :thumbs: it depends on how many amps the charger gives out per hour mate :thumbs: for example if a car battery was 60 amps and the charger gave out 10 amps per hour it would take 6 hours to fully charge it. im guessing your using a small plug unit charger then??? if so these normally give out 1 amp per hour so to charge your 7 amp battery should take 7 hours :thumbs: