OPINION'S ON CLUE LIGHTS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are good lamp for rabbits and fox you dont have to light up the country side to put stuff in the bag you just want to spot game not cook them. its what at the end of the lead that counts ma

I use a Clulite and have found it to be exceedingly resilient. Taking any punishment you can think of, also has very good wiring so no mucking about with wet cold fingers trying to play about with wir

I use a Clulite and have found it to be exceedingly resilient. Taking any punishment you can think of, also has very good wiring so no mucking about with wet cold fingers trying to play about with wires. You know that as long as theres charge in the battery when you flip that switch it'll work! Also the flip up filter's are excellent, you can flick it out the way quickly and silently when the dog's close enough to the quarry then return to coloured light just as quick. Also as the head is so small you can just pull off the removable handle and slip it in your pocket when it's not needed.

My BIG gripe with it is it's beam. It's not very focussed, although you can adjust it to some extent, it's still just that bit too wide so struggles at mid-long range. At 100yds it's probably lighting up 10yds of ground around the quarry. Which is great for filning as it gives a larger area for the Camera to focus on and also lights the dog and quarry so you can see more of the action but not so good when trying to pinpoint squatting quarry to a dog or lamping certain quarry at range.

My friend has just got a Lightforce Lance (140mm head) for xmas and I must admit I was very impressed with the beam, There's been a lot of people on here slagging off the wiring of them and saying their quite fragile lamps. He lamps a fair amount so I'll wait to see how it holds up under constant use.

He said he looked at the Lightforce Striker(170mm Head) too but it would be too big for walking about with.

• Like 1

I use a Clulite and have found it to be exceedingly resilient. Taking any punishment you can think of, also has very good wiring so no mucking about with wet cold fingers trying to play about with wires. You know that as long as theres charge in the battery when you flip that switch it'll work! Also the flip up filter's are excellent, you can flick it out the way quickly and silently when the dog's close enough to the quarry then return to coloured light just as quick. Also as the head is so small you can just pull off the removable handle and slip it in your pocket when it's not needed.

My BIG gripe with it is it's beam. It's not very focussed, although you can adjust it to some extent, it's still just that bit too wide so struggles at mid-long range. At 100yds it's probably lighting up 10yds of ground around the quarry. Which is great for filning as it gives a larger area for the Camera to focus on and also lights the dog and quarry so you can see more of the action but not so good when trying to pinpoint squatting quarry to a dog or lamping certain quarry at range.

My friend has just got a Lightforce Lance (140mm head) for xmas and I must admit I was very impressed with the beam, There's been a lot of people on here slagging off the wiring of them and saying their quite fragile lamps. He lamps a fair amount so I'll wait to see how it holds up under constant use.

He said he looked at the Lightforce Striker(170mm Head) too but it would be too big for walking about with.

i agree clulites are well made mines taken loads of knocks and as a first lamp to get youre dog started there fine,the only problem i have had is the wiring and some of the soldered connections.Its actually the nite stalker 145 i have now ,a good beam but im not sure how many knocks or kicks the plastic lens could take compared to the clulite.Even though i have a new lamp i will still use my clulite as its fine for small game and medium range work.

I use a Clulite, have done for many years, changed the bulb twice, and god knows how many times I have dropped and knocked it.

I'm happy with it's beam, and I work my dogs in mainly large fields. (You could if you want fit a small piece of inner tube around the base of the lamp if you want that tight beam) It does the job time after time, no fiddling with wires, light to hand, keeps it's charge well, and at a good price you get a very good lamp.

Yes there are the Blitz and Striker, but just read all the comments with faults. It goes back to having to own a "Brand"

I need a lamp that is reliable in the field, and the Culite does this time after time.