About To Put In For My Irish FAC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:D Thanks, folks. But don't ye worry about me! As I was saying to Frank, in private, tonight; " Tired and emotional " isn't just a euphamism for hand carted MP's! :laugh:

As I also once said to a member here who was trying to drown her own sorrows, as she faced one straw too many; " Yep. Fine. Faced with such we're allowed to collapse in a heap of abject misery. Drink ourselves blind and have a good break down ..... Then we pull our shit together. Take the strain and get back to work on sorting it! "

Did I ever seem like a bloke who couldn't handle the weight of the world, single f*ckin handed?! :rofl:

Caught that elusive Gard off guard. Cash is in my pocket, right here. I'm off down there on Friday to pick up my perfectly valid chit! I'll scan the f*ckin thing 'n show ye! :good:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Macnas

Thats right, it'll be be re-issued come july, but all ditch has to do is stump 40 odd euro and he'll get his cert over the counter at the garda station no bother.

They are going to bring in 3 year certs in 2008, but have also increased the cost by far more than 3 times. The NARGC is going to contest it.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Woodga: Naah, what it is, mate; Over here they last a year, but they all have to be renewed on the same day, look. So, technically, it should be possible to Really f*ck up and hold a chit for One Day before having to pay for a fresh one! :icon_eek: Like I'm complaining? Thirty quid and they've let me have my rifle!

Millet; As above, mate. And I hope to have the Bitch soon now. Best Moderator money can buy. Nice scope. Bipod. Sling. I'll get a Clu Lite too. First job is whack these Hoodie's. I'm deliberately training them for that purpose right now! :laugh: Exposing them to sights of me around the place. Letting them get used to the harmless man! I had my mate round here with his B&L Range Finder. I know the exact distances to where they go and have clear fields of fire and suitable backstops. They won't last five minutes, once I zero this baby in!

Then I'll control myself for a little bit. Let the cubs wean. Then ye won't be finding me on line quite so much once it gets dark out! I'll be out prowling the bog and doing damage to the local pest population! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Armed and Extremely Happy!!!

Yeppers! That's her! In my hands ~ in My home!!! :D Went and fetched her home Tonight!!! :clapper:

Here She Is!

And What a cracking little rifle she is too! I Totally take back all that earlier stuff I said about her; " Heavy. Ugly. Unbalanced " ? Without that scaffold bar of a sight the other lunatic had put on her, she's a f*ckin Charm of a piece! I can have her up to my shoulder and hold her while a pint of Guinness pours! (The Irish Lads would understand that! :laugh: ) I LOVE this rifle already!

I'll be whipping the 'scope rails off tomorrow, allowing me to use the field sights. Then, first thing tomorrow, I'll take her out and shoot the bog. I'm just gagging to hear her! :D That done; Those Hoodies are for it! I've got them absolutely blaze' around me now. They think I'm just the silly old man who potters about the place, looking at them sideways. They flight into the nest and sit about out there like they haven't got a care in the world! F*ckin won't have either, after I've sent about forty grains of hollow point through them! :laugh:

And Did Dave, my Gun Shop, look after me?! My God! I just never realised at the time ~ too excited and praying my plastic would work in his machine 'n all. But everything was perfect and the first thing I said was that I'll need a slip cover for her. Just the cheapest he had because it was only for taking her to the taxi in. He said he'd Give me a slip and produced what I took to be a second hand one with a busted zip. Fine! My permission starts at my front door so I'll never really need it again.

On the way over, I was talking to the Cabbie about the gun and we were wondering what ammo cost. I said I hadn't the feintest. " Could be anything from a few cents a round to a bloody Euro! ", I told him. I also said how I was now just about spending my food money, once I'd covered just the rifle. Even ammo was going to cost me into my diet for the next week or so. I haven't a cent to spare right now.

And then in the shop, I asked Dave about ammo and he said he had something for me; And passed me a huge handfull of rounds?! He said he'd got them in a deal and, as they weren't brand new and shiney he really couldn't do much with them. I could have those too! When I asked how much rounds normally cost and he told me a box of fifty was Forty Five Euro's, I felt mightily bloody relieved to have a few, free shots to start me off!

All done and dusted. We set off towards home again. Only I nipped into my local to show the manager, my mate and a fellow Field Sportsman, my rifle ~ over a swift Guinness, naturally! He brought his 12 Bore out and we hefted, aimed. compared and enthused for a bit. Then we settled down for the debrief and I showed him my collection of Hollow Points and told him the scary price of such rounds - about 85 Cents a piece! I emptied my heavily laden pocket onto the bar and Joe started standing them up, in little rows of five ..... Forty Nine F*cking Rounds!!! :icon_eek:

So, as ye can imagine, as soon as I see Dave again, I'll be just a tad more profuse in my Thanks to the guy! He knows how to win a customer! :yes: Oh, and that old gun slip? When I got home I discovered it's brand spanking new. Zip's absolutely perfect. And it bears a 15 Euro price tag! :icon_eek:

So a Bloody Big Thanks to Dave, of Mulvihill Firearms! And that's where I'll be returning too, once I have the funds to get my CluLite and Moderator :good:

Well done DS!

Hope it works out well for ya.

I wouldn't be at all phased by the fact that it's not bright and shiny with all the bells and whistles. I bought my first gun about 13 years ago and paid 100 quid for it thinking that I'd only have it a few months until I could afford something better. You know the type, no engraving, no blueing, crap wood etc. Well, thirteen years later, the beretta's and the AYA's etc have come and gone and I still have my old Boito and that's what I shoot with all the time because that's what I'm comfortable with and it just "feels" better to shoot with.