PULSAR N550 NIGHTVISION

PULSAR N550 NIGHTVISION .I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYONE IN SOUTH WALES AREA WITH ONE OF THESE SIGHTS WHO WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHOW ME HOW THIS SET UP WORKS AND HOW IT PERFORMS IN NIGHT TIME .I AM THINKING OF BUYING ONE MYSELF .I HAVE WATCHED SOME OF YOU TUBE FOOTAGE BUT WITH MIXED VIEWS DUE TO SOME CLEAR FOOTAGE AND SOME POOR VIEWING,UNSURE IF IT IS SIGHT OR JUST BAD CONDITIONS..BEFORE BUYING ONE I WOULD LIKE TO ACTUALLY SEE IT FOR MYSELF AND TO TALK TO AN ACTUAL USER TO SEE IF THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY AND TO SEE LIMITATIONS OF THESE SCOPES VIEWING CLARITY,ZEROING PROBLEMS ,ADDITIONAL IR REQUIREMENTS ETC.I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUK FOR ANY HELP.THANK YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

PULSAR N550 NIGHTVISION .I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYONE IN SOUTH WALES AREA WITH ONE OF THESE SIGHTS WHO WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHOW ME HOW THIS SET UP WORKS AND HOW IT PERFORMS IN NIGHT TIME .I AM THINKING OF BUYING ONE MYSELF .I HAVE WATCHED SOME OF YOU TUBE FOOTAGE BUT WITH MIXED VIEWS DUE TO SOME CLEAR FOOTAGE AND SOME POOR VIEWING,UNSURE IF IT IS SIGHT OR JUST BAD CONDITIONS..BEFORE BUYING ONE I WOULD LIKE TO ACTUALLY SEE IT FOR MYSELF AND TO TALK TO AN ACTUAL USER TO SEE IF THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY AND TO SEE LIMITATIONS OF THESE SCOPES VIEWING CLARITY,ZEROING PROBLEMS ,ADDITIONAL IR REQUIREMENTS ETC.I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUK FOR ANY HELP.THANK YOU.

I would like to thank Bryan from www.generalpestcontrol.org in Newport for meeting me and demonstrating the pulsar.He is a very knowledgeable on the pulsar and spent an hour giving me an insight into the technical, practical, warranty aspects and capabilities of this nv.If you need any information on this unit he can be contacted via his website and he is based in Newport South Wales.

and was it upto scatch then .

I was impressed with the sight and was able to also try the dipol l3 laser.There is supposed to be a delay in getting these units due to high demand,so that must mean a lot of people have tried them,but are not willing to share views on here or are buying without trying ,which due to cost is daft imho, or the delay could be marketing ploy.I have looked on you tube and had mixed views.After speaking to this chap it appears that footage loses quality when down-loading,so what you see on some videos is not as good as can be seen through sight.and i was surprised with the view as it was raining heavily when i tried it out.Word of warning if you are thinking of buying second hand, worth checking out the warranty conditions as the warranty might only be for original purchaser .just in case if you do have problems.

i bought 1 from GPC too...... after a lenghy trip to south wales it was well worth the trip.

for me a fabulous addition to the tool kit, which enables me to do my job, and makes it look very professional. like you i had the guided tour and after placing the order he kept in touch all the way through from the point of order till the point of delivery to him, then onto myself.

thanks GPC. http://www.generalpestcontrol.org/80415/info.php?p=8

Russ Gen2+ would cost you double the pulsar (new) Gen3 would be treble - 5 times (depending on tube )

If you are out 3-5 nights a week and using the higher spec tube nv's then i'd say save up for one.

There are so many nv scopes to choose from if you have the money :whistling:

Different people have different budgets and circumstances.

For the money the Pulsar N550 can't be beaten, and with the right IR it will be capable of a lot of peoples night time capability. As i told you on the night, only thing that lets it down for longer range shots is the 4.5 mag

I'd save some more pennies and go for a gen2+ or gen3 .. Much better.

What one would you recomend and what advantages would it have over a pulsar.Thanks for any advice.

Better clarity, resolution, increase of range..

These are not bad, yes more money, but much better..

http://www.nvscopes.com/night%20vision%20scope%20Gen2%20SM3S2%20HTH%20731.html

I'd save some more pennies and go for a gen2+ or gen3 .. Much better.

What one would you recomend and what advantages would it have over a pulsar.Thanks for any advice.

Better clarity, resolution, increase of range..

These are not bad, yes more money, but much better..

http://www.nvscopes.com/night%20vision%20scope%20Gen2%20SM3S2%20HTH%20731.html

Are these still having problems with the lens unscrewing?? Loss of zero

You could always go the add-on route and save some money by getting the new pulsar gs 1x20 with DSA for £300, then £120 for a N1000 laser will shoot out to 150 yards no problem just put one on my hmr does the job :thumbs:

What scope do you use it with .Is it difficult to set up.Will you have to re-adjust your eye relief.Thanks for any help.

You could always go the add-on route and save some money by getting the new pulsar gs 1x20 with DSA for £300, then £120 for a N1000 laser will shoot out to 150 yards no problem just put one on my hmr does the job :thumbs:

What scope do you use it with .Is it difficult to set up.Will you have to re-adjust your eye relief.Thanks for any help.

Sent you a pm with regards to setting up you just attach the dsa on the back of your scope focus the lens and away you go in a round abouts way. Scope AGS 3x12x44 i sit my scope forward as most of my shooting is done at night so makes sense.