Doveridge

Hi lads...

got a few days off work so thinking of going for a day on the clays at Doveridge....

I aint been before, but i have heard its very good....does anybody on here shoot there...?and is

it as good as i have heard...?

Hi mate, shot there this summer, was good last time i was there! just take it steady down their drive, there are sleeping policemen/ speed bumps or what ever you like to call them, and if your vehical isnt 4x4 then its a nasty suprise!!!! other then that, top ground and friendly staff!!!

• 1 month later...

I was there yesterday! I have been a member for three years and shoot there about twice per month. As I am retired I tend to go during the week, but bear in mind that they are closed each Monday and Tuesday. The variety, quality, and accessability of the various types of shooting, i.e., Skeet, DTL, Sporting, High Tower etc. are better than any other ground that I know. The method of payment, ie a counter which you take around with you, means that you can move around according to how the mood takes you and you do not have to pay per round of Skeet as in other grounds. Membership is about £60 per year (£51 if you are over 61) and you pay 20 Pence per clay as a member. With a cafe in the clubhouse, gunsmith and gunshop on site I find it preferable to travel 30 miles to get to Doveridge than to travel 5 miles to Cloudside.

Chris

whilst attending myerscough college on the countryside management / gamekeeping course BASC laid out a full day for a college championship at doveridge and i must say it was one of the most enjoyable days ive ever had great ground fantasic lay out brilliant staff and great freinds provided the best atmosphere we finihed 6 out of 20 i think :D atb atch