Spring air rifle shooting.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen.   This is a case for the oldest, noblest and, in my humble opinion, the finest sporting air rifle type of all. The spring-piston powered air rifle. Yes, PCPs are accurate; som

Great post!!   I've been shooting for a couple of years now, completely self taught, and its great to hear advice like this! Its all very basic but absolutely spot on. With out the basics your skill

Another photo.

Posted Images

Thank you Gaz.

I have a very lovely Daystate Regal that has been regulated and refined by Carl at Airtech and it's a blisteringly accurate rifle right up to 11.7 F/P. But my HW80, HW77 .22s and .177 HW97K are absolutely beautiful rifles to shoot and hunt with. It is so much more satisfying to hit a clean, decisive kill on a rabbit or pigeon with a shot from one of my spring rifles, than this multishot PCP. Keep up the good work with your HW97 and it will reward you with some priceless shooting memories.

All the best.

Simon

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

I was seriously slipping yesterday with regards to getting a second hand PCP to add to the collection(for what its worth :hmm:) but then re-read this post on the commute to work this morning.......god dammit, its such an evocative read that I've gone full circle again and reset my sites on a 97kt blackline...which I've just found a second hand unit in Essex guns for £275.00. Now if I can just persuade the mrs that I really do need an additional rifle, I'll be laughing.

cracking read and thread in general

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi

I’m new to the forum and have to say I found that a really excellent and informative post. I’ve just bought my first PCP and am honing my skills but the Springer looks like something that’s worth investing time and effort in. Thanks, I shall bookmeark that and read it again and again. Loving the forum already

• 1 year later...
On 29/05/2018 at 15:28, DrRock said:

Hi

I’m new to the forum and have to say I found that a really excellent and informative post. I’ve just bought my first PCP and am honing my skills but the Springer looks like something that’s worth investing time and effort in. Thanks, I shall bookmeark that and read it again and again. Loving the forum already

Welcome aboard matey.

Phil

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 15/10/2016 at 06:39, pianoman said:

You can buy a drop-in kit from Sandwell that has all that you list. The spring guide is individually profiled to the spring and the SFS kit I have fitted to my HW97K .177 is really fantastic.

But for answers to technical questions, the best people to ask are Sandwell Field Sports themselves. They are a really friendly and helpful shop! :thumbs:

I have a 95 sfs spectre, I have no idea what Tony wall does to them but the difference is night and day from the original from the factory. Don't listen to the rubbish put about by imposters about cylinders filled with grease.  The trigger is better than any I've had on top end steyr rifles, the firing cycle is soooo smooth. 

OK the waiting time is long, but its 101% worth it.

• Like 1

The drop in kit Simon ( Pianoman) mentions from Sandwell is a vast improvement, I know because I own his HW97 now for the last 4 years.

Here's her grouping.

fullsizeoutput_5a.jpeg.a63f10d97ca5d8de3e35554f7d80916b.jpeg

I also own an early mk2 HW77 long .177, this once belonged to Davy T63 and Jimmy ( Big Mac ) and carries a SFS stage 2 tune. Now this gun is pure silk she's so smooth and the trigger is in another league.

IMG_1487.JPG.c24a59549f5b8428050a8866aefad592.JPG

Sandwell will def` be getting some more work from me.

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 19:18, mark williams said:

The drop in kit Simon ( Pianoman) mentions from Sandwell is a vast improvement, I know because I own his HW97 now for the last 4 years.

Here's her grouping.

fullsizeoutput_5a.jpeg.a63f10d97ca5d8de3e35554f7d80916b.jpeg

I also own an early mk2 HW77 long .177, this once belonged to Davy T63 and Jimmy ( Big Mac ) and carries a SFS stage 2 tune. Now this gun is pure silk she's so smooth and the trigger is in another league.

IMG_1487.JPG.c24a59549f5b8428050a8866aefad592.JPG

Sandwell will def` be getting some more work from me.

Indeed it did buddy,very nice rifle ?

• Like 1