Sign in to follow this  
pianoman

Spring air rifle shooting.

Great post, we can all learn from it. I have a couple of wonderful pcp airguns, .22 sub 12ft. But they don't feel the same as when I get the HW97 out, just feels so right. Thanks for you insight.

• Like 1

Thank you Gaz.

I have a very lovely Daystate Regal that has been regulated and refined by Carl at Airtech and it's a blisteringly accurate rifle right up to 11.7 F/P. But my HW80, HW77 .22s and .177 HW97K are absolutely beautiful rifles to shoot and hunt with. It is so much more satisfying to hit a clean, decisive kill on a rabbit or pigeon with a shot from one of my spring rifles, than this multishot PCP. Keep up the good work with your HW97 and it will reward you with some priceless shooting memories.

All the best.

Simon

• Like 3

I was seriously slipping yesterday with regards to getting a second hand PCP to add to the collection(for what its worth :hmm:) but then re-read this post on the commute to work this morning.......god dammit, its such an evocative read that I've gone full circle again and reset my sites on a 97kt blackline...which I've just found a second hand unit in Essex guns for £275.00. Now if I can just persuade the mrs that I really do need an additional rifle, I'll be laughing.

cracking read and thread in general

• Like 1

Thanks stecorr. And a cracking rifle the HW97K. Good luck with your darling wife..I'm sure she'll understand. :whistling::thumbs:

I'm brand new here and new to shooting at all.

Thank you for this post OP, it's been very helpful.

• Like 1