• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do it by boiling a pan of water and putting the part of the stick which needs straightning over the pan and covering the the top with a towel and leaving it on the boil for 5 - 10 minutes . Once its

if anybody wants some rams horn give me a shout. i work in the slaughterhouse and can get a few now and again. actually got a few weathering in the yard at the moment as my dad used to make stick but has now changed hobbies.

I would be interested in a couple. :thumbs:

Cheers

just pm mate mate as i dont really check threads ive posted in as i forget lol.

i got a couple of sets in the yard at the mo and ill see if i can get somemore but i dont know when it will be, all depends when some decent rams come in and if i manage to get my hands on them first!

Yes, its a paint stripper type hot air gun. If you keep turning the shank it will not harm the bark in anyway. If your not sure, you can wrap a bit of tinfoil around the shank area being heated.

A lot of people are buying straight grain timber handpieces, such as crooks, but its really a waste of money, as soon as you drop it or put any strain on it, it will easily snap. Only work with one piece Shank-handpiece, or use a burr. Far stronger, and not likely to snap.

Take a look at this site. Tell Martin what you want and he will do his best to get it for you.

http://www.highlandhorn.com/