how much do you get for rabbits ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a big variation in the price paid for rabbits nationwide, some are getting a good price and otheres are getting hardly f--k all, its a pity the lads and ladies who are getting jack sh-t for theirs could not get them to the ones who are getting a good price,

During the second world war, a wagon left Angelsea early morning picking up rabbits at pick up points,ie Bangor,LLanfairfechan, Conwy, and othere locations on route to the markets in Liverpool and Manchester, a similar system could be set up in different parts of the country, ie Scotland, Northen Irland, east coast, west country,north and south Wales,and so on.Maybe some enterprising person might work a plan out.

Theres a big variation in the price paid for rabbits nationwide, some are getting a good price and otheres are getting hardly f--k all, its a pity the lads and ladies who are getting jack sh-t for theirs could not get them to the ones who are getting a good price,

it is a shame mate your right. its not worth selling them for me. i only bother if we get more then i can eat, feed the dogs and ferrets and give to friends.

mine have to be head shots or ferreted, gutted with no marks on them or they dont want them. for a £1!

anybody know a place in the northeast willing to pay £2.20 or more? makes it worth a little travelling if you get a decent amount.

i could probably manage between 30 to 50 on a decent weekends hunt.

• 3 weeks later...

I get that little its a insult to sell them to the game dealers that i use the lot for ferret food

Where abouts are you? I am always looking for whole rabbits for my snakes, if your interested. I'm based in Hamilton. Have had some from other members after my usuall guy took ill but need a regular supply

Thanks

Jay

I get that little its a insult to sell them to the game dealers that i use the lot for ferret food

Where abouts are you? I am always looking for whole rabbits for my snakes, if your interested. I'm based in Hamilton. Have had some from other members after my usuall guy took ill but need a regular supply

Thanks

Jay

jay hows things tried to get in touch with u not been going out much with the weather pm me and i will give u my number tinkernel

jay hows things tried to get in touch with u not been going out much with the weather pm me and i will give u my number tinkernel

hope your well, lost your number then a lad in dunfermline was supplying me, was a bit further to travel but he just froze them and I'd collect whenever but looks like he'll be out of action for some time. Will PM you when I get home got limited access on my phone. Talk soon

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

£1.00 for freshly killed dogged rabbits, any ammount, thats without doing anything to them, ie not gutted or skinned, and it doesnt even mattter if there bruised, £5.00 for fresh hares (obviously the hares can and are only be taken by legal methods)

Does Roly at sutton under whitestonecliffe still buy?