how to finish a badger mask

working as a pestie for the underground, see's many jobs coming my way for collection of dead animals,

friday night we had to remove a badger that was on the tracks, after being cut in half by a train :sick:

anyhow, I removed the head before it went into the works incinerator, and have just skinned the skull, the skull for my collection, then remembered that people do badger mask's too,

so whats the next step, do I salt it, or methalated spirit it, or what, suggestions asap please

for some reason, Im sure I read it somewhere, but I always thought you needed a special certificate to move dead badgers, but on phoning natural england, they assured me our waste transfer licence covered this

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

do you not need some sort of papperwork for having a parts of a protected animal?

thats what I thought too, and as a pestie for london underground and having to remove dead animals that have been hit by trains, thought it would be best to have all neccessary certification, yet on phoning natural england, they assured me I didnt need any such paperwork, apart from my waste transfer notice, as I could prove from fault reports that the animal was dead before I touched it

• 2 months later...

I'm in the process of having a badger mask sporran made by a registered taxidermist she will supply me with relevant paper-work stating that the badger carcase was legally obtained ie: roadkill! the fact that of your circumstances it appears you had legal permission to remove this dead badger? which died as the result of an accident, its therefore in my opinion legal for you to have it in your possesion!. If you can't prove the circumstances of how it came into your possesion, you could be up shit creek without a paddle?

Tom

• 11 months later...