Mike brown whippets?

i have had many a whippet over the years some you would not give house room becouse they were show bred worked as hard as any whippet. if you buy a dog of someone and your not happy dont go back and a other one of him the dogs do there talking in the field .do you think the boys that bred lucky irish lady and many more are not living of them if it was not for m.brown the whippet would no be were it is today.

utter garbage , the man in question has done more damage to the breed , than you may think the majority of his dogs are show bred, toby was an outcross, to show stock . dont forget when he was breeding doubling up and more on this dog he was also doubling up on the gorwynne dog ,the reason for this was to eventually saturate the pedigree on paper withb the name laguna ,has a selling point.the size of his whipps are show stock standard they vary so much breed type has been lost , carefull breeders produce a type one can recognise he couldint do this with a pedigree dog, the biggest con inthe working pedigree dog.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

well lads read all the comments on this topic and there int many good ones about mikes dogs and heres me thinking if a wanted a whippet he;d be the man to see so lads all you whippet men out there put some breeders up who have good working whippets with out any sooty sam or lord of the night or glen in there breeding dont want a slaging match just good breeders of working whippets

well lads read all the comments on this topic and there int many good ones about mikes dogs and heres me thinking if a wanted a whippet he;d be the man to see so lads all you whippet men out there put some breeders up who have good working whippets with out any sooty sam or lord of the night or glen in there breeding dont want a slaging match just good breeders of working whippets

yeah and whys that because there jealous low lifes who got nothin else better to do than knock other peoples breeds why not concentrate on your own dogs

lol you couldnt of read them thoroughly, you go to M.B. get a pup bring it on right and i guarantee that dog will give you 100% every time you work him and not just on rabbits, in fact i doudt you have the work permission/time the dog desires..... people moanin about 300 a pup , thats about 3 weekends on the piss, if your moanin about how much a dog will cost you initially, dont get 1 because 1 vet bill could double that, if you buy a dog and it serves you well 300 is nothing for the enjoyment that dog would give you back.

I think mate if you read it there are very very few if ANY negative commets from ANYONE who has had a dof off him and worked it. If the guy is a puppy farming liar who never works his dogs, breeds without thought and is just in it for cash - then where are all the shit dogs that have come out of his kennels. Everyone who has one rates it highly and everyone who goes on and on and on and on about the man - has never worked on of his dogs. Funny that :blink: I've yet to meet someone who can say - i had a pup from him, worked hard at it, did the right thing - and it was shit.

lol you couldnt of read them thoroughly, you go to M.B. get a pup bring it on right and i guarantee that dog will give you 100% every time you work him and not just on rabbits, in fact i doudt you have the work permission/time the dog desires..... people moanin about 300 a pup , thats about 3 weekends on the piss, if your moanin about how much a dog will cost you initially, dont get 1 because 1 vet bill could double that, if you buy a dog and it serves you well 300 is nothing for the enjoyment that dog would give you back.

how do you no i havent got the permission or time a dog desires you no nothing about me all i asked was who else breeds working whippets if i wanted one apart from mike brown

I think mate if you read it there are very very few if ANY negative commets from ANYONE who has had a dof off him and worked it. If the guy is a puppy farming liar who never works his dogs, breeds without thought and is just in it for cash - then where are all the shit dogs that have come out of his kennels. Everyone who has one rates it highly and everyone who goes on and on and on and on about the man - has never worked on of his dogs. Funny that :blink: I've yet to meet someone who can say - i had a pup from him, worked hard at it, did the right thing - and it was shit.

I think mate if you read the whole thread there are few negative comments on any whippet, whatever it's breeding. MBs lines are no different in ability than almost any other whippet bloodline. Think where leeview & Derbypoacher are coming from is that the pedlers selling stuff bred down from his are claiming they're something special. they're not they're just whippets. You're better off with a non-ped whip x beddy or collie anyway.

lowcur - I see what your saying and agree, but the original question was - would a whippet from mb do the job required. Simple answer is yes. Just always wonder why those that have the most to say about the mans dogs are those that have f**k all experience of them. And anyhow they aint interested in talking about his dogs, just him, over and over and over. And your not better of with a whippet x if you want a whippet are you? :thumbs:

Have you got cocker on block Ideation? Genuine guy that posted good honest posts about his direct mb whippets :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

how do you no i havent got the permission or time a dog desires you no nothing about me all i asked was who else breeds working whippets if i wanted one apart from mike brown

I was looking a while ago and a chap on the wwf posted me some details of his dogs breeding, he'd done some research into what he wanted and got this,...lovely, im sure you'll agree. Look at the breeding..proper good coursing dogs.do your research and talk to people, hope he dosen't mind me putting it up.....

Scroll down the link to see its pedigree

http://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=61045

Edited by wuyang

I was looking a while ago and a chap on the wwf posted me some details of his dogs breeding, he'd done some research into what he wanted and got this,...lovely, im sure you'll agree. Look at the breeding..proper good coursing dogs.do your research and talk to people, hope he dosen't mind me putting it up.....

Scroll down the link to see its pedigree

http://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=61045

The Banatay lines are spot one.