Mike brown whippets?

Guest Manitoba

I used to course under rules with a well known club, in theory the 20" limit was in theory stricked but in reality it depended who you're freinds were or who you had recently sold a pup to, i've measured dogs for racing passports so knew them to be over 20" only to see them on the coursing field having been measured under 20" by the owners freind (Cheating).

PARKSTONE RACING & WORKING WHIPPETS

0 seems there was a fair bit of cheating in the grand old days in the ring and under rules also,, at least you got it off your chest, bit of a swipe at all mb bred dogs or curs as you say,,, and as for genuine :thumbdown: kc is the demise of all breeds even your beloved genuine whippet or should we believe that you hold the key to a better way like some messiah :no:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

I own a SS bred dog does what I ask of him in field. They are a well put together dog,the only thing I think they lack is pace/quickness of stride in some I have seen,But they weren't bred to race.

I think the line breeding and extra height has gone to close over the last 6 years.

Edited by springfield

YOU seem to have missed the point and got your wires crossed manitoba dogs bred totally for performance and not colour etc etc ,these working whipps are bred totally on paper work the man does not test his animals where it matters on the field of work may i say there his responsible breeders out there i know a few personally . and dont think i do not condone the kennelclub for allowing malpractise in some breeds because i do , what i might say you obviously keep one or possibly more of these dogs and cant see beyond them .take a look at the registered racing type whipps for instance the majority are bred for performance of tried and tested stock best to best with carefull knowledge of the breeding . not anything to anything just because both animals are registered under the turm whipps get real he his no different than anyone who mass produces any live stockof the back of one stud a peddlar i think that his the turm they use now . and yes may i say sometimes paperwork his not worth the ink written on it ?:

I own a SS bred dog does what I ask of him in field. They are a well put together dog,the only thing I think they lack is pace/quickness of stride in some I have seen,But they weren't bred to race.

I think the line breeding and extra height has gone to close over the last 6 years.

There cant be many whippets that lack pace? Its what the breed is reknown for surely?

ss has been dead 6yrs now and he was breeding way too close in his lifetime let alone in the last 6yrs

Y.I.S Leeview

Guest Manitoba

i can and do look beyond,and do venture on field for a test, its about judgement from the person who seeks to improve ,and that we will all differ on ,, i keep a race bred and he will cover a show bred pretty soon that has no top dog this and that in her breeding just out and out show lines and both are unrelated and catch,,,, the individual shall choose or loose and no amount of slagging of the man and his dogs will not stop folk wanting his dogs as they are a very good animal from what i have seen and suit the vast majority for the work they choose to put the dogs way...

Edited by Manitoba
  • 5 months later...

Have you noticed its always the same very small number of people who run him and his dogs down over and over but the list of happy folk is far far far longer. Also funny that as far as i can tell that between all the nay sayers they have never met the man and only owned one dog (dotty) which was a bit shit. Hardly the kind of stuff you base your judgment of a man and his line on is it? If you can show me a handful of folk who have had his dogs and were disappointed then i'd be very surprised. Leeview? Where's your dogs, all you ever do is f*****g moan and argue like an old woman. Get a grip!

i may have only OWNED 1 of his whippets, but i seen a fair few run on a regular basis

an the mate that owns them has decided to gee them a bye an get a PURPOSE BRED LAMP DOG

an he is now the proud owner of a sal/bull/grey :laugh:

o no not another bull lover well tell him to get his dog in to action an ill run him with my whippet on the lamp up the mountains then you will see [bANNED TEXT] a proper whippet from mbrowns breed runs like when its enterd properly :toast:

Iv kept whippets for almost 15 years now and i never start a pup before its 10 months old and at ten months all it does is watch. I have started and caught rabbits with much younger whippets but running a dog thats still growing just creates injurys and problems down the line a 5 month old pup should be learning basic comands heal wait over out leave etc plenty stock breaking at this time of the year if your lucky enoug to have the trust of a local farmer. I certainly would hang on till september at the very soonest before you go at it .

kris

Edited by fresh earth