Mike brown whippets?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

What was the debate about want you happy with your pup ?

more than happy, if the right breeding is there its half the battle done the rest is up to you or who ever, lifes to short to be jealous over another mans success :thumbs:

alb jibber

"if the breeding is there its half the battle" so mb is breeding from dogs that no one else has seen working :thumbs: the fact that people have bought pups from him and have been satisfied with them says a lot bit like the Kings new clothes :thumbs: Why are HIS dogs only ever photographed in his yard :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

Bottom line is the dogs are no better than the next whippet what makes them special ? buy a pup from show stock it will catch rabbits as will open class racing stock the dogs in my own view are extremely over rated as i always say for the simple task of rabbiting any line of whippet WILL catch aslong as the person training it isnt the usual twat lamping with 6 month old pups. If you want to start worrying about lines it is for one of three reasons to show race or breed i have paid alot more than 500 for a whippet and just like any dog you get what you pay for try researching the lines and decide what suits you i currently have 3 very different whippets for three very different purposes but all three are compitent rabbiters be it a mooch on the lamp or with ferrets thats said the best whippet by far ever in my kennel at taking long ears was a show saturated whippet from very well show producing parents not a worker for lines back and she was nie untouchable on any game.

Just read the above bit at the end of the day i can buy a pup from two outstanding workers and never work it but breed stating its working lines blah blah so because it parents were well known does that mean this pup and the diluted blood down from it is the same and also does it mean both exceptional parents were sired bye two likewise sire and dams or even had to be ?

this is where the thread turns into jelousy buy other whippet owners and breeders. fresh earths mb has most probably forgotten more than you know same as leeview, anyway alb and a happy x mas.

i wont reply again as i know where the dickheads are going with this one.

alb jibberooo

Thats your cop out then :thumbdown: Not one person has ever seen his dogs work FACT but feel free to correct me but i wont be holding my breath :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when im his age ill know more than he ever did. Secondly i have said i have no quaral with mb or his line what i am saying is all lines will take rabbits in correct ownership its bloody comon knowledge. Now i am not jelous of the man i have no need to be i breed for completely different reasons and am getting extremely good rewards for the time effort and presice breeding of my own dogs i never have and never will rely on this site to sell my whippets as with the 1st litter i bred the second is pritty much fully booked more than 6 months in advance so i need not be jelous of a line thats been raped sick for every ounce of goodness it had. Now listen to me i have no problem with mike or his dogs nor am i trying to promote any line mine or a freinds what im saying is there are far more than this line out there and eventualy like people are realising there has to be something to outcross to so if every good working whippet is out glen or lord of the nite wtf do you breed you double bred glen dog or bitch to ? another dog saturated with the same dogs ?

• Like 1

this is where the thread turns into jelousy buy other whippet owners and breeders. fresh earths mb has most probably forgotten more than you know same as leeview, anyway alb and a happy x mas.

i wont reply again as i know where the dickheads are going with this one.

alb jibberooo

OK no1jibber(or anyone else for that matter) if your after a pup from working lines would you want to see at least one of the parents, preferably both working to see if they suited what you were after? or would you be satisfied looking through a photo album and believing what the breeder told you? :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

I was just interested why you rang him to have a debate if you are happy with your dog and why he would offer another for free if you wernt picking fault ? To be honest cant see why any one would be envious of mike or his dogs good money makers no doubt but I wouldnt take one of the brood bitchs for free to work and thats just my opinion. He is very knowledgeable for sure and probably worked his dogs to good effect in the past but now I think not . When I go to buy a pup I dont want to buy one on reputation I want to buy one because I can see they can and are doing the job in the here and now or have in the last season after all you can only register pups of a bitch 6 years old or younger so his dogs aint old or retireded . When not in pup if they graft they should be fit and toned and ready for work at the drop of a hat and they aint . No green eyed monster here lads just saying what iv seen . Many are happy with dogs from him and I wish them every success but there not for me

lot of different opinions, which is what a healthy debate is all about , though whether it is the way im readin some comments JEALOUSY jumps out off a few ! i went to M.B. for a dog , all be it on the word off my mate who is well respected by those who know him where dogs concerned and had M.B.dog previous, anyway arranged for a pup in next litter unseen ( yes i know some may say naive , or ameturist and i wouldnt argue ) , had a few conversations with the man leadin up too pickin the pup up ,when i went to pick pup up he told me what he expected off the pup if brought on right , 3and a half yrs i am down the line now with the dog and couldnt be happier , not just on what the dog produces in the field but the nature and temprement off the dog, in the field he has proved his worth to me ten fold, game as a badger,he gives 100% every time he works , and believe me not just rabbits , i hate recommending anythin in life it always seems to back fire but i would without hesitation recommend a pup off M.B. to anybody lookin for this type of dog, some may think my standards dont match theres and thats fair enough, but others, more experienced dog men who have seen this dog work have made comments that tell you more than i can as there comin from a neutral side with nothin to gain (though ive nothin to gain), one last thing with all off us on here YOUR dog has to satisfy 1 person and 1 person only YOU , and if you have a dog that does that you have the best dog in the world as far as your needs and wants are concerned.

cheers for all your answers. :thumbs:

I have since heard he has some very good working whippets.

I will be contacting him.

I think too many people seem to run him down for no need, only thing i can think of, is the green eyed monster. :hmm:

As he seems very sucsessfull in breeding good strong working whippets.

i have no experience in mike brown whippets but for what its worth i always hear nothin but praise about them... from the pics i've seen they can take fox as well!!

from the pics iv seen unicorns an an ufo's abound :icon_eek:

lol well thats true too lol