" King Rat of 2007 " ~ Shall We Go For It?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest foxtrack
Here's one Salclalin caught in a Mk 4 Fenn yesterday.It measures 19 inches from nose to tail.The slab is `18 inches long and used as a comparison as you can't see the tape correctly.The slab is on a sheet of Ply.

well feking done mate the third of feb i put mony on you (ten £ on red dog )

good on you :clapper::clapper:

go on go for a 20 " ;)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heres my entry, im sure it went 20.5inch but i will leave that to the judges

rat001.jpg

rat002.jpg

not the best of pics but as you can see, she was a big un.

this rat was shot by my bro as it was raiding the ferret run

Edited by mole catcher
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Just to touch base with you peeps, while I navigate a particularly 'busy' period in my own life .....

Heart of Wales; Thankyou! That shot surely exemplifies what we need here. The tape itself is crystal clear, even to my naked, and failing, eyes. It's sized so it doesn't take my slow connection an hour to open it. Ye've taken every effort to 'prove' the statistics. It is, in short, as near to a perfectly presented shot as I think we've had here so far. My personal and heart felt appreciation for ye effort, mate :good:

That said; I'll be trying to contact a Moddie here to request some tweaking be done on this thread. (Nothing to do with removing anything or shit like that! Relax!) One or two of ye may also be getting a pm from me ~ as and when I remember and get the time ~ to ask for clarrifications of a point or two I just can't get past as is.

Ye just have to realise; I'm the berk responsible for all this and I'm the one who Has To sweat blood over everything presented 'to me' here. And I badly need new reading glasses and would Dearly love a faster connection / processer ;) One or two of you people just need lessons in photo presentation and care for the elder viewers! :laugh:

Now carry on nailing those rats. Only take a minute to examine how 'HoW' there has presented his own specimen, please. Laboritory equipment aside, I don't see how anyone could make their point much clearer ~ or my job, as 'Judge' ~ much easier :good:

I will crop, resize and compress any images sent to me for inclusion in this thread.

With 7+ years experience in making piccies high enough quality to be seen but quick to download, I can help poor old D.S. out.

Can't do sod all about the old mans eyes though!

Just PM me for my email address and I should have them done pretty quickly depending on the time of day.

/Mad

• 1 month later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:good: And, just to show even a poisoner can come up with the odd 'nice one' ..... ;)

Here's one I came across on my own ground this afternoon. The idiot above me keeps loads of chickens - Badly! - and has developed an absolute f*cking Rat Ranch, controlling the over spill of which is costing me a fortune, whilst risking my own health and that of my Dogs! :censored:

So, here's one of my own results. As photographed by me and whitnesed by my mate and fellow member, Dean O'. It's 'Only' a 16 1/2" over all length one and I'm embarressed to say I even photographed it facing the wrong way! :icon_redface: I'll never critcise you lads for fluffing such matters again!

Here it is anyway, just for the craic:

My Sixteen and a Half Inches

post-3041-1188757806_thumb.jpg

MoleCatcher; The jury's still out, mate. Could ye please supply a clear photograph of the tape used? First few inches should do. Only we're having trouble reading the numbers on the original shot :good: