" King Rat of 2007 " ~ Shall We Go For It?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

At last I have managed to put a few pics up!!

I only have this one on film, caught earlier this year, no tape measure though, but it was probably this outing that brought this whole thread about!!

Just one example of the rats on a pig farm we do.

I am a size 10 shoe which measures approx 12 1/2 inch, straightened up this rat would have measured more, then there is the tail!

post-209-1196999632_thumb.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Jaysuss H F*kkin Kryste!!!!! What am I Doing here?!? It's five in the morning. I'm shagged and shattered. And Still I'm waiting FOREVER for you f*kkas HUGE, Megabyte Plus shots of dead vermin to unfold - all through this damn Thread. Each and every time - just so, ten to fifteen minutes later I can view what ye showing me :censored:

Ok. If (IF) we do this again for 2008? It'll be Moderated and to set Rules. Like, ok; This shit fasinates me and cracks me up. But it's also causing So Much totally unnecessary wastage of time - as is / was that little rant there. Just had to get that off my chest.

Nell: Please read this Thread. I'm sure I explained there already why footwear didn't / couldn't count. Looks a beauty, but I'm yet to be judged as a judge, by my peers. We can't allow " Size 10 Wellies ". Thanks for the look anyway ;)

Donks: I've just been measuring your rat. I'm too far gone now to make sense of either the shot. My calculations, based on my own screens representation of ye shot. The scribbled notes I've made on paper regarding all the above. Or f*ck all much else.

But my gut feeling is that that's one Hell of a rat! I'll say no more, for now, except I suspect that's the SOB so far.

Now will ye PulEease sort out the f*cking settings on that camera, man? Or at least shrivell the stuff ye show on here? I'll ask for full blown's as I need them. I have a SLOW 'Connection' here :(

7th of December, people. This ends on the 31st. Lot of TALK of big rats out there. Show Me! :D

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Nice one, Donks. I sent someone for that in Chat only last night. 450 x450 'Best Fit' makes a perfectly comfortable little shot for fora displays. Open in a click, even for me :whistling:

But do remember, folks: Keep back ye original, f*ck off great shots as I may need them e mailed to me for a more thorough examination.

I was bone tired when I had an initial look at ye rat there, Donks. Now I'm rushing AFK. But I'll try to figure out the proper calculations later.

Nell: Please read this Thread. I'm sure I explained there already why footwear didn't / couldn't count. Looks a beauty, but I'm yet to be judged as a judge, by my peers. We can't allow " Size 10 Wellies ". Thanks for the look anyway ;)

Ditch, I have read this thread and fully understand these so called "rules" you have outlined.

As the post says, that is a pic just to show an example of how big the rats on this particular pig farm are, I am not talking about the odd one here and the odd one there, almost every rat we catch here is of a similar size, so to me this is just the norm! This is just the only one I have on camera with any sort of item to measure it against, I just thought I would pop it up for those who were interested and to be honest, there hasn't been a rat in any pic with a body longer than a foot :tongue2: (no pun intended!)

When I go out, the last thing on my mind is to carry along a tape measure, it is very rare that I even take a camera :blink:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

It's a shame ye don't, Nell. Because I can quite clearly see they're some whopper rats ye have there (On ye own Thread about them) and I've even heard reports from within the industry how they can indeed fatten up and grow on just the sort of stuff used to do the same on livestock.

Ironically, I work farms where the rats get at 'stock feed. I must kill hundreds of rats with my baits. Yet I've thus far actually come across just the One dead one! :icon_eek: And that one, as it happens, was nothing to write home about either.

I'd get some traps down and have a look at the enemy. Only I don't need to be on site every day, of course, and I don't much enjoy emptying traps a week later :sick:

It's a shame ye don't, Nell. Because I can quite clearly see they're some whopper rats ye have there (On ye own Thread about then) and I've even heard reports from within the industry how they can indeed fatten up and grow on just the sort of stuff used to do the same on livestock.

Ironically, I work farms where the rats get at 'stock feed. I must kill hundreds of rats with my baits. Yet I've thus far actually come across just the One dead one! :icon_eek: And that one, as it happens, was nothing to write home about either.

I'd get some traps down and have a look at the enemy. Only I don't need to be on site every day, of course, and I don't much enjoy emptying traps a week later :sick:

I know what you mean Ditch, there are some places around this particular pig farm, where trapping would have more success than the dogs. But with it being a 140 mile round trip, I just simply could not check them every day and the farmer is just too busy.

• 4 weeks later...

bugger me! i go away for a few months, and it all goes nuts on this thread! and the bleeding rules have changed! i didn't bother stretching the tail out on this one, cos i didn't think it'd count.... wish i had now!

not a monster, but the biggest Gyp's had this year.

post-6153-1199221511_thumb.jpg

Guest Ditch_Shitter

OTC: The shots for 2007 are up there mate. I seem to recall I have a pretty shrewd idea what one took the biscuit. I'll sort it out, once things settle down a bit for me. Only I'm a bit distracted just now. I also might need to call in my adjudicator to help me work out the final, fine detail.

" King Rat 2008 " ? I don't see why not. But just hang onto ye shots for the moment, please ~ see above. Also, I'll knock up and publish some set rules. We'll have to all work to the exact same formula or else it can be murder for me and even then condidered 'open to interpretation'. In a word; If people can't be arsed to just take a simple photo to a given manner? Why the f*ck should I spend hours of my own time messing about trying to decipher the hash up they present me? Fair's fair. No?

Anyway, keep nailing ye rats and, if ye get a contender, chuck it in the deep freeze. Tripple bagged it'll be perfectly harmless. I'll get the format worked out asap. Busy dealing with rats myself just now. Busy time, isn't it?