Bearded Collie bred lurchers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks,   I'm interested to see how many people on this forum run genuine Bearded Collie bred lurchers. By that I mean only Bearded Collie and Greyhound blood pure and simple. I know there ain't t

just a reply on the topic of beardie lurchers.i owned one for 17 years bred out of remus and a greyhound in 1989. a rough coated dog 25 inch. he was simple to train and had a 1st class temperament. go

Posted Images

Put some bearie cross into what I had years ago and never looked back, Im not a lover of collies crosses..but the beardie cross I used was one of the hardest lurchers on foxes Ive seen, a hundred percenter and it did click with the deerhound crosses I had at the time..got some real grafters..smashing images by the way

:yes: beardie greyhound and deerhound blood seems to click well together

25 years ago i ran a 3/4 greyhound bearded collie the best alrounder ive ever owned,retired her at 9 yrs old would love another but never see them advertised,great dogs strong built dogs that take the knocks when running on hard ground also great ferreting dogs up north yorkshire,great looking dogs lads,good thread,john.

Put some bearie cross into what I had years ago and never looked back, Im not a lover of collies crosses..but the beardie cross I used was one of the hardest lurchers on foxes Ive seen, a hundred percenter and it did click with the deerhound crosses I had at the time..got some real grafters..smashing images by the way

:yes: beardie greyhound and deerhound blood seems to click well together

There is a tale that Deerhound blood went into the Beardie to add height in order for them to work rocky mountain terrain easier. I believe that theres more than a grain of truth to that tale. This may also go some way to explaining why the two blend so well together.

Hi folks,

I'm interested to see how many people on this forum run genuine Bearded Collie bred lurchers. By that I mean only Bearded Collie and Greyhound blood pure and simple. I know there ain't to many of us around so it would be good to make contact with any other like mined souls.

Here's a few pics of my Beardie blooded lurchers.

Galan. 2 year 5/8 Beardie 3/8 Greyhound.

Galanavatar-2.jpg

Aura. 4 year old Half cross.

Deltasfirstwalkout014.jpg

Delta. 4.5 month old 3/8 Beardie 5/8 Greyhound.

Delta35months029.jpg

I look forward to having the craic.

atb. Magpie.

just a reply on the topic of beardie lurchers.i owned one for 17 years bred out of remus and a greyhound in 1989. a rough coated dog 25 inch. he was simple to train and had a 1st class temperament. good coat execellent feet. he made a decent rabbit dog day and night. good jumper and retriever.he also caught a good number of daytime hares during his life while out mooching.these were hunted up hares not slipped on.i was always one for going out a first light and just letting the dog hunt up. i was never a coursing man but a do admire good coursing dogs and their owners.i never tried him on fox nor did i do any ferreting with him. he had a good nose on him when hunting up.he had one fault and in some peoples eyes it would be a bad one. it was he was very hardmouthed.he crushed the first rabbit he ever caught to the last one he caught at 11 years old.i some great times with the dog he always tried his best for me. certainly not a worldbeater but a good honest dog.hope this has been of some intrest.

• Like 1

What beardie blood did you use Romany? As you know I have recently crossed beardie with deer/grey.

Edited by Keeps

Very nice type those dogs magpie,i myself had a hancock bred dog some 15yrs ago now he was developing into a stunning animal,bloody good worker ,i lost him at 21 months old (if memory .s correct//0 like i said he was killikng foxes on a regular basis,killed bunnies for fun,retreived jumped,was a good dog,miss him too,would defo have another ...like i say nice types fella...yis...darrell.ps..did you breed the pup yourself???cheers....