Bearded Collie bred lurchers.

Hi folks,

I'm interested to see how many people on this forum run genuine Bearded Collie bred lurchers. By that I mean only Bearded Collie and Greyhound blood pure and simple. I know there ain't to many of us around so it would be good to make contact with any other like mined souls.

Here's a few pics of my Beardie blooded lurchers.

Galan. 2 year 5/8 Beardie 3/8 Greyhound.

Galanavatar-2.jpg

Aura. 4 year old Half cross.

Deltasfirstwalkout014.jpg

Delta. 4.5 month old 3/8 Beardie 5/8 Greyhound.

Delta35months029.jpg

I look forward to having the craic.

atb. Magpie.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks,   I'm interested to see how many people on this forum run genuine Bearded Collie bred lurchers. By that I mean only Bearded Collie and Greyhound blood pure and simple. I know there ain't t

just a reply on the topic of beardie lurchers.i owned one for 17 years bred out of remus and a greyhound in 1989. a rough coated dog 25 inch. he was simple to train and had a 1st class temperament. go

Posted Images

Hi folks,

I'm interested to see how many people on this forum run genuine Bearded Collie bred lurchers. By that I mean only Bearded Collie and Greyhound blood pure and simple. I know there ain't to many of us around so it would be good to make contact with any other like mined souls.

I do like the look of Aura, beautiful, just curious as to how you have found them at hunting up. I had a lurcher with a quarter beardie in him and he was excellent at using his nose and had the best strike on a dog ive owned, much better at hunting than my half border collie lurcher. Are yours hancock beardie bred or non hancock beardie? Other than hancock they seem very thin on the ground.

Cheers Wuyang

Edited by wuyang

Put some bearie cross into what I had years ago and never looked back, Im not a lover of collies crosses..but the beardie cross I used was one of the hardest lurchers on foxes Ive seen, a hundred percenter and it did click with the deerhound crosses I had at the time..got some real grafters..smashing images by the way

Funny you should mention good on foxes, i only hunt rabbits, but the one i had was forever finding foxes in the daytime..never known anything like it. Also at home he was the most laid back dog i have owned (saying that he did get plenty of exercise), but once out he was a different dog.

Edited by wuyang

Some cracking pics of some truly beautiful lurchers, I do like this cross. :yes:

I did own a Hancock beardie cross some years back, bred out of Remus, a cracking bitch for finding and hunting up, she never stopped.

These days a beardie cross wouldn't suit my needs and they certainly arn't a type to 'fit' with everyone but i'd have one again thats for sure, though i'd look to finding the right Beardie.

Keep the thred going folks, Beardie and Greyhound only please! :thumbs:

Hi folks,

Galan. 2 year 5/8 Beardie 3/8 Greyhound.

Galanavatar-2.jpg

Delta. 4.5 month old 3/8 Beardie 5/8 Greyhound.

Delta35months029.jpg

I look forward to having the craic.

atb. Magpie.

my mate has a beardie x whippet and my other mate has a deerhound/greyhound x beardie/greyhound which looks like your brindle 1 mate.but its like you say you dont see them very much now.nice thread keep them coming lads/lasses