In "MY" opinion, bad shooting

millsy44

Giving airgun hunters a bad name. imo its you giving the airgunners a bad name by bringing that clip to light on this forum as if the antis dont already have enough ammo (pardon the pun) you post that for all to see knowing full well that antis trawl through this site looking for posts like these to use against us :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

There was nothing wrong with that shooting. What most people forget WHEN SHOOTING UP A STEEP ANGLE you MUST aim LOW for the pellet to hit where you want to.

Yes the guy did take some obviously low shots, like the one where the crosshair was on its arse. but I bet that particular shot took out the birds heart and it was dead before it hit the ground.

Phantom

Agree with that phantom, i just thought 50% of the shots were abit "sloppy" (for want of a better word)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I cannot argue with Jasp's point. There WAS certainly plenty of perfectly presented head-shot opportunities and they were not taken advantage of. That leads me to two points to observe.

i thought he shot well most look clean to me.. head shottin is all well and good but sometime quarry is still alive after being shot in the head well placed heart shots kill as good as any n

no worries mate,il take another look.............oh and chill out FFS maybe have a or two lol

Posted Images

I say it because if he is good enough to take head shots then why not take head shots??, im sorry but ive watched every video si pittaway has made and he is one of the best shots with an air rifle i have seen, and this goes against everything si teaches in his videos doesnt it?? Maybe the title was abit strong lol :icon_redface:

Actually it follows Si's advice to the letter :yes:

Phantom

Giving airgun hunters a bad name. imo its you giving the airgunners a bad name by bringing that clip to light on this forum as if the antis dont already have enough ammo (pardon the pun) you post that for all to see knowing full well that antis trawl through this site looking for posts like these to use against us :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

There was nothing wrong with that shooting. What most people forget WHEN SHOOTING UP A STEEP ANGLE you MUST aim LOW for the pellet to hit where you want to.

Yes the guy did take some obviously low shots, like the one where the crosshair was on its arse. but I bet that particular shot took out the birds heart and it was dead before it hit the ground.

Phantom

Exactly what I was going to say

Kyle

I say it because if he is good enough to take head shots then why not take head shots??, im sorry but ive watched every video si pittaway has made and he is one of the best shots with an air rifle i have seen, and this goes against everything si teaches in his videos doesnt it?? Maybe the title was abit strong lol :icon_redface:

Actually it follows Si's advice to the letter :yes:

Phantom

Ive been shooting for a good few years and i know about trajectory at over 45 degrees, but if your honest, then some, if not most of his shots were poor

Ive been shooting for a good few years and i know about trajectory at over 45 degrees, but if your honest, then some, if not most of his shots were poor

I disagree.

I have pulled off some very unorthodox shots, but most, if not all have been good clean kills.

If you know where the vitals are on your quarry and can hit them cleanly then its possible to kill the quarry instantly or as near as instantly. I have often taken spinal shots on quarry, when a full on brain shot has not been possible.

I see that you are a SGC holder, how often will you get a clean brain shot when shooting ducks etc in flight?

I am NOT trying to pick an argument, just pointing out that there ARE more options than just the brain to ensure a quick clean humane despatch of an animal :yes:

Phantom

Thats my clip ...................................

...............................? ok, .......................and? its my opinion :) nobody asked for it :) i just gave it :) and if anybody doesnt like it then its simple isnt it??, just dont read it, or have it deleted, either way it was my opinion, wasnt intended to upset anybody, hence why i have changed the title, for which i agree i was abit "strong"

I disagree.

I have pulled off some very unorthodox shots, but most, if not all have been good clean kills.

If you know where the vitals are on your quarry and can hit them cleanly then its possible to kill the quarry instantly or as near as instantly. I have often taken spinal shots on quarry, when a full on brain shot has not been possible.

I see that you are a SGC holder, how often will you get a clean brain shot when shooting ducks etc in flight?

I am NOT trying to pick an argument, just pointing out that there ARE more options than just the brain to ensure a quick clean humane despatch of an animal :yes:

Phantom

I am a shotgun owner yes, but im sure it was a rifle he was holding in the clip??, if it was a shotgun he was holding then fair enough, i wouldnt be complaining. if i have the ability to take clean shots with my rifle then i do ;) other wise i dont take the shot and wait for the next one.

I am a shotgun owner yes, but im sure it was a rifle he was holding in the clip??, if it was a shotgun he was holding then fair enough, i wouldnt be complaining. if i have the ability to take clean shots with my rifle then i do ;) other wise i dont take the shot and wait for the next one.

And that my friend is entirely up to you :yes:

But if someone can produce a clean humane kill; in a way that is 'different' to the way you would personally do it, does not make it wrong does it? :thumbs:

Still at least we agree on the Biz Mags thing :boogie::laugh:

Phantom

And that my friend is entirely up to you :yes:

But if someone can produce a clean humane kill; in a way that is 'different' to the way you would personally do it, does not make it wrong does it? :thumbs:

Still at least we agree on the Biz Mags thing :boogie::laugh:

Phantom

Fair enough lol suppose we can agree on one thing :thumbs: And it doesnt make it wrong, like you said, just different to how id do it, i knew posting this would cause grief :whistling: never mind, lets just agree to disagree on this one :thumbs:

• Like 1

Fair enough lol suppose we can agree on one thing :thumbs: And it doesnt make it wrong, like you said, just different to how id do it, i knew posting this would cause grief :whistling: never mind, lets just agree to disagree on this one :thumbs:

Not grief;

I thought it was actually a very good debate :yes: I do like a good debate or two :yes:

SPA

Phantom