CLASH OF THE TITANS - air arms S410 or BSA R10?

ok so i've narrowed it down to two rifles, well 3 actually but one is well out of my price range.

the AIR ARMS S410 and the BSA R10....

i've heard amazing reviews for the air arms however i seem to have gone to the dark side.

i love the BSA R10, however all reviews tell me not to toouch it with a barge pole due to its unreliability.

i like the air arms s410 however i'm not too queen on the thin barrel.

so here's the deal...

BSA R10 looks the part and is aparrently just as good as the air arms however the reviews are putting me off.

and the AIR ARMS S410 doesnt quite feel right (too light, barrel too thin and generally hasn't got enough meat on it), yet has excellent reviews.

for the price range, a mistake in choice would be a disaster, URGENT opinions needed!!!!

however... a third rifle is still in play, i've fallen in love with the daystate X2 prestige. for lack of a better word it is perfect. its everything i could ask for in a rifle, however its going into 4 figures :( gutted

cheers lads!!!! :gunsmilie:

ok so i've narrowed it down to two rifles, well 3 actually but one is well out of my price range.

i've heard amazing reviews for the air arms however i seem to have gone to the dark side.

i love the BSA R10, however all reviews tell me not to toouch it with a barge pole due to its unreliability.

so here's the deal...

BSA R10 looks the part and is aparrently just as good as the air arms however the reviews are putting me off.

and the AIR ARMS S410 doesnt quite feel right (too light, barrel too thin and generally hasn't got enough meat on it), yet has excellent reviews.

for the price range, a mistake in choice would be a disaster, URGENT opinions needed!!!!

however... a third rifle is still in play, i've fallen in love with the daystate X2 prestige. for lack of a better word it is perfect. its everything i could ask for in a rifle, however its going into 4 figures :( gutted

Answered your own question there ...........

Edited by Buster321c

Hi Alex.

I thought the same as Buster mate :yes:

If you get a good R10 your laughing, shot my mates and its very accurate, he has had no major problems with his.

BSA are pretty good on customer care I think, but I satand to be corrected.

Choices choices mate......good luck :thumbs:

ATB./

Bill.

When I get the money together mine is the AirWolf. Excellent piece of kit. If I had the money it would be in the safe already. :icon_redface::D :D

so here's the deal...

go for the air arms 410 big brother the s510 a better all round look to it than the 410 and performs just aswell -the loading of the 510 is a lot better been a side lever

so here's the deal...

go for the air arms 410 big brother the s510 a better all round look to it than the 410 and performs just aswell -the loading of the 510 is a lot better been a side lever

I SAY COME TO THE BSA MEET UP ON DEC 18 AND TRY THE R10 ITS AT PONTEFRACT http://bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22400.0

that way you can try it out theres a few airarms lads coming so there might be a s410 there

Alrite mate iv had my r10 177 for a while now and Its lovely gun to Shoot.it's nicely balanced when you shoulder it and accuracy is unbelievable.my grouping is normaly at around 30 yards on a bipod near enough inside eachother,that's with aa field and bis mags.

I wouldn't give mine up now,I normally do most of my shooting in a hide decoying magpies,crows and pigeons.being just outside London with all thebins and rubbish the crows can get hold of some are pretty big built and it deals with these no problem.

THat was the main thing I was warned about was the power drop after a certain amount if time.iv had mine nearly a year and mine definately hasn't dropped in it's performance.

I'd recomendid it to anyone it's got a good looking stock aswel to top it off.

Give one a go and I bet u won't wana give it up for a long time.

You might want to add a silencer in place of the muzzle.

Hi Alex buddy,

I've owned a .22 r10 for almost 2 years now and it's the one rifle I wouldnt sell.

I have sold a Weihrauch HW100KT in mint condition and kept the r10 in it's place has my primary hunting rifle and you will know the brilliance of the HW100KT.

That's how much I value the r10.

I would be very surprised if someone borrowed me any other normal hunting rifle including a Daystate Air Wolf and I could better the accuracy with it that my r10 produces out to 55 metres :yes: .

Well worth every penny if you get a mark 2 r10 with the threaded shroud not the mark 1 with the threaded barrel.

Si

Edited by zini

Once the snow clears and probably when Tony (Phantom) is with me over here in Germany I will do a extreme test on the r10 and shoot some kill zone size targets, not live vermin of course at

55, 60, 65, 70 metres and further if the conditions are right.

This is will all video so people can comment on the r10's accuracy and see just what a beaty of a rifle it is.

Si

Edited by zini