WHATS THE BEST PCP AIR RIFLE TO GET

hi everyone :)

this is a follow up of my last blog about the best spring rifles to get. i went to my local gun shop last night and had a talk to them about pcp rifles as i wasn't too knolegable on them, and in the space of 15 minutes have fallen in love with them.

the question is pretty much the same, what are the best pcp's to buy for around 500-600 pounds?

i'm looking for an accurate and powerful .177 rifle, with a reasonable amount of shots before a re-fil is needed and has (apopolgies for the term as i have forgot the actual word) a 10 pellet magazine or more.

i have seen quite a few at the gun shop but due to the price i would like a second opinion. my price range is flexible too! :)

thanks for all the help! :gunsmilie:

The sales section on here, pigeonwatch, airgunbbs, airgun forum, air arms owners club, falcon owners club, BSA owners club, weihrauch owners club and gun trader to name a few. Try and make sure the person you are buying off has been registered for a while and has a decent number of posts and prior sales that went well before parting with any cash. Most honest sellers won't mind you arranging a time to meet them look at the gun / extras and if possible have a brief shoot in their garden / permission to try it out. Ask for recent pictures showing the condition of the gun / extras and see if it meets the description in the advert.

hi buddy

theres not a such thing as a best pcp rifle.

its what you can shoot like buddy go and shoulder a few maybe join a club a meet people and ask if they would let you shoulder there rifles

but these are what i would go for

aas400

bsa ultra tench regd

hw100

s410k

bsa r10

bsa super 10

all good and accurate rifles .

good luck with your new rifle when she arrvies

atb steve

What everyone else has said really, loads of good pcp rifles which fall into the sort of money you are thinkin about spending. So, its all down to trying a few out and personal preference.

Another vote for the air arms s410k from me, but thats just my personal preference.

One thing I will say though, is I think you are better off buying 2nd hand as you will save money, and you wont loose loads on depreciation. For example, you very often see the s410k for around 400->450quid 2nd hand, with scope, silencer and very often including a pump. New, your lookin at say 40quid for a scope, 50quid for a silencer and 130quid for a pump... If you already have any of those, you can sell them off, bringing the price of the gun down even more.

What everyone else has said really, loads of good pcp rifles which fall into the sort of money you are thinkin about spending. So, its all down to trying a few out and personal preference.

Another vote for the air arms s410k from me, but thats just my personal preference.

One thing I will say though, is I think you are better off buying 2nd hand as you will save money, and you wont loose loads on depreciation. For example, you very often see the s410k for around 400->450quid 2nd hand, with scope, silencer and very often including a pump. New, your lookin at say 40quid for a scope, 50quid for a silencer and 130quid for a pump... If you already have any of those, you can sell them off, bringing the price of the gun down even more.

airarms are nice rifles mate but as above you need to try a few

i had 4 on my list for a first pcp but tryed them and ended up with a gun that i wanted as a kid , bsa superten i just like the bolt down the side and it felt so right in my shoulder