young hunters competition

to all young hunters on the site

i will be having a competition for you all in which i will give prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place

you will have to take pics of what you catch and how you caught it and date you caught

the comp will last for 3 weeks and then the winner and runners up will be announced

you have to be under 17 to be able to take part comp starts from tomorrow

1st prize will be a 50yrd longnet

2nd prize will be a 25yrd longnet

3rd prize will be 10 3ft spun poly nets

to all that take part good luck and happy hunting :thumbs:

• Like 5

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to all young hunters on the site i will be having a competition for you all in which i will give prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place you will have to take pics of what you catch and how you caught it a

Posted Images

well on friday the 3rd or december me my brother and our rabbiting partneer met up at my rabbiting partners house i only took my terrier as my spaniel was recovering from the weekend before and the so we set of about half 4 pm and it was starting to get dark so we shot a few crows with the cattys then we headed through the woods hopeing for a few phesants to be roosting and as we came out he woods my terrier was yippping and yapping franticaly at a ivey bush on the wal then the went round the other side of the wall and kepd yapping and sticking her head in the dry stone dykd wall so we took one of the bricks / stones out and my wee terrier stuck her head in and pulld at somthing but as shes so small she wasnt strong enought to pull it out them when she came out my mates terrier went in and got the rabbit by the neck and dragd it out and it was a big healty buck rabbit so we kneckd it and headed of home as it was pick dark by now sorry no pics

Edited by kx100

17/11/2010.

6:30 Am. I’m up and out the door with my 24tts Brindle lurcher bitch Meg and 5 month old terrier pup Midge. It’s still dark, and the feeling of the unknown hits me, followed by the excitement of not knowing what’s to come.

After a quick walk round the corner and into the first field of the day, the quarry is sighted! The lurcher is off and straight onto it, a sharp turn and stumble sets Meg back but it’s not long before she’s back in for a final strike. A bit of a hard hit, but its one in the bag and retrieved, along with the terrier, to hand. The lurcher’s put on her lead and we walk up to the remaining rabbits still feeding along the hedge line, the terrier sights them and takes off after them, following them into the undergrowth. We wait and listen, thrilled at how naturally the terrier is working at such a young age. A flash of white and crash... the rabbit abandons the safety of the cover and runs off down the side of the field, followed quickly by the hungry mouth of Meg. She gets on it quickly but, due to a slow slip on my behalf, it once again finds the safety of the undergrowth.

We move on, there’s a patch of rough council ground nearby that we know holds a good handful of rabbits, but isn’t the easiest of running ground for the lurcher. We take a ten minute walk, and reach our destination. The rabbits see us arrive and are quick to hit the cover; the terrier is let off his lead and is straight into the nearest cover entrance eager to get his mouth onto some warm fur. He rockets through the hedge, the rabbits all fleeing to ground, but he carries on through following the strong scent. An unlucky rabbit has his escape route cut off and turns, running away from the oncoming pursuer. It bolts from cover and makes its way into some long grass; the lurcher takes of after it and springs above the long grass, like a spaniel flushing cover. Jump bounce and squeal number two in the bag.

I check my phone and see the time, 7:30 Am. A quick walk home, the dogs are fed and kenneled. I shower, get changed and I’m off too school. I’m late on arrival, resulting in a detention, but I’m there and I’m happy with my dogs.

Nothing else matters.

post-22277-0-66017600-1295257462_thumb.jpg

Edited by villebones