where the f--k are we going lads

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed ho

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting storys with like minded people. its funny how packs want your support when the sh

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special. Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game

Posted Images

A bit of a sad thread this and myself am not sure if its snobbery or passion,does it really matter what we hunt with or how we hunt everybody has different ways and means of how they go about the sport we all love,some folk simply havent got the land or ground to run hounds on, why shouldnt they cross hounds with terriers and spaniels to suit how they hunt from what ive seen and heard they do a decent job the small bobbery packs,and the small hound crosses are purpose bred to suit a way and means of hunting,and i am not defending it because i run hound cross terriers or spaniels, i run pure hound to hound crosses i think everybody should be able to enjoy hounds and hunting no matter what type or how you work them so lighten up folks

regards hedz

well seid mate.... :thumbs:

i don't think OD is knocking anyone's choice of dog - just that if you keep breeding terrier/spaniel/beagle mixes over a number of years then what do you end up with?

Are they really hounds? Do they work like hounds?

as hedz31 has just seid' it is a very sad post this 4 pages ov garbage'' cause a couple ov lads on here have called there dogs hound crosses' n thave got terrier or spaniel blood in them' so what' no bodys trying to make out there full hounds' this sounds to me as its the hounds men who r pissed off' but whats new'' me n my mate hunt a pack ov bushing dogs just the same way breed as these... none hounds... thay r beagle crosses' purpose breed for the type ov cover we hunt.. spindolero'' to ur first question''..what u end up with.. u end up with a cracking little pack ov cover dogs' that hunt second to none' that will go all day n all night if i ask um''' second question'' do thay work like hounds... come n watch ours then make ur own mind up'' the proof in the pudding thay say''' third.. question.. are thay realy hounds''... no there not hounds'' there hound crosses' unless the beagle n vandeen have changed'' into terriers over night'' at the end ov the day' i work a small pack ov dogs' just like u work ur hound pack' only diffrence is mine r crossed to suit the cover thay hunt''... so best thing is' u lads stick to ur hounds'' n we will stick to our hound crosses.... ATB..B

• Like 1

i don't think OD is knocking anyone's choice of dog - just that if you keep breeding terrier/spaniel/beagle mixes over a number of years then what do you end up with?

I think what hedz31 said sums it up in a nut shell not every one has big land to run hounds over or the money to feed a big pack of dog's and are crossed so they dont take hours toget back full breed hounds would be no good for my type of hunting and the x cross are more bidable

I think what hedz31 said sums it up in a nut shell not every one has big land to run hounds over or the money to feed a big pack of dog's and are crossed so they dont take hours toget back full breed hounds would be no good for my type of hunting and the x cross are more bidable

i think thats spot on pal,we hunt a pack of beagle crosses and its bloody no good to us if we hunt a cover and end up spending hours looking for dogs.Half the bloody is gone on you you only end up hunting half the amount of covers that you had lined up to hunt
  • Like 1

JMHO but comparing beating out covert with a small bobbery pack to hunting a fox with a pack of foxhounds is like comparing bolting a rabbit to a whippet compared to running a hare on a fen.

Anyone who thinks hounds hunting a line away from a covert for several miles is a nuisance shouldn't consider themselves a hounds man, simple as that. Don't fool yourself.

Yes, hounds gone into the distance is a nuisance to those who want their fox killed as close to covert as possible. But hounds are for hunting a line, end of story.

Also a pack of babblers will usually shift most game from a covert. I've seen them, they enter covert and speak on hares, pheasant, deer and anything else and this was enough to make a fox leave. Just because bags are big doesn't mean your pack is any good. They might be but they mightn't be.

And as for those who say that crossbreds are more bidable than hounds all I can say is you've never seen a good huntsman in action.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a big use for hound crosses, I've nothing against them. But they're not hounds nor do they hunt like a hound and nor do those that keep them hunt like those who hunt hounds. Call me a snob, I don't care.

• Like 2

Well all I know is the hound xs Busher keeps are 100%. Busher an his friends will know what hound x I am speaking of when I say you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a full hound or a this dog (hound x) when he was behind somethin. ge sang like a PROPER dog. To me it seems that to many people are set in there ways an just like to believe they have the best an their way of hunting is the best way. As a few lads have said people are breeding different dogs to suit the land they hunt. An for some reason it annoys people.. Hound or hound xs. I just don't get this thread..

All the best SHanded. .

some of you are missing the point hound x can take very good lines and put there fox to ground and can be fast over ground and in cover with out screaming the hole place down i love to hear full bred hounds sounding but every thing has its place you cant compare full blooded hounds to hound x the hounds are in a diffrent league

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs

or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting

storys with like minded people.

its funny how packs want your support when the shite hits the fan but

look down there noses when they dont need our help.

Arn't we all in this together regardless of what crosses we might have?

well said mate were all hunters and its up to the lads who run these houndx ive hunted for 20 years with the local pack and also been out lately with some houndx on a shooting day and ive found very lately farmers want the fox dead not chased all over the county and those lads shot plenty so fare play to them :thumbs:

i keep pure beagles and beagle crosses i dont work them together tho but i do need them for diffrent places with pure beagles we can go out and work places were we got a lot of permission all ajoined to each other (like say a big vally) were we got permission either side and the length of the vally witch could go for a couple of miles the pure beagles are grate. and we work the beagle crosses on places were we might have only 2 or 3 farms joined together so we cross them so we can keep up with them more and they wont have the stobbunness the pure beagles have. thas just my thoughts and why i cross breed them but every 1 got they own opinion atb tel

As far as I'm concerned it's horses for courses. If your dog does the job of a professional hound then you have a dog that's equal to a hound, doesn't matter if it's a whippet croosed with a pug.

All this pure hound sshite is just a hangover from a bygone era when only aritocrats could own a pack and earn the right to call it a hound pack.

I say if yer mongrel can do the job I wouldn't give a toss if some people classify it as a hound. At the end of the day it's the number of brushes you got to yer dogs' name that counts.

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed hounds an i can hunt covers where mounted packs will never be left. thats what has hunting ruined an nearly banned hunting is people with your attitude. were all out for an enjoyable day of sport whether with cross breed or pure. so why shouldn't people share there story's in hound section. y.i.s, sionnach

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special.

Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game present leave it. Hunting starts when your fox hits country and that's when a hound comes into it's own.

If your talking about surrounding the covert with lurchers or/and guns then that's not hunting either, it's fox control.

And as for hunting nearly being banned by people with attitude ??? I disagree. It's un-organised hunting and gangs of lads who feel they can go where they want ,when they want doing what they want that seem to never be out of the papers and are making landowners anti hunting and barring all people from the land.

JMHO.

VERY GOOD POINT REGARDS DABBER
  • Like 1

as hedz31 has just seid' it is a very sad post this 4 pages ov garbage'' cause a couple ov lads on here have called there dogs hound crosses' n thave got terrier or spaniel blood in them' so what' no bodys trying to make out there full hounds' this sounds to me as its the hounds men who r pissed off' but whats new'' me n my mate hunt a pack ov bushing dogs just the same way breed as these... none hounds... thay r beagle crosses' purpose breed for the type ov cover we hunt.. spindolero'' to ur first question''..what u end up with.. u end up with a cracking little pack ov cover dogs' that hunt second to none' that will go all day n all night if i ask um''' second question'' do thay work like hounds... come n watch ours then make ur own mind up'' the proof in the pudding thay say''' third.. question.. are thay realy hounds''... no there not hounds'' there hound crosses' unless the beagle n vandeen have changed'' into terriers over night'' at the end ov the day' i work a small pack ov dogs' just like u work ur hound pack' only diffrence is mine r crossed to suit the cover thay hunt''... so best thing is' u lads stick to ur hounds'' n we will stick to our hound crosses.... ATB..B

:thumbs: well said busher,now can i come and see them in action

:thumbs: well said busher,now can i come and see them in action

YOULL HAVE TO COME HUNT WITH THE BEST PACK IN YORKSHIRE OR 1 OF LOL FINCH AND IM NOT BIASED :big_boss: REGARDS DABCHICK