where the f--k are we going lads

THEM,S NOT DOGS LAD THEMS, HOUNDS , , a rather famous huntsman said that to me at whrightington lancs about 1974 it wasnt snobbery it was education all day he fed me snippets of hunting terms the pack was the lunesdale let see if any one can name him , they had fell hounds were they hunting or bushing well if any one on here knows that area it aint the best hunting land in the world but that was my first encounter of HOUNDS AND UNTIN HOUNDS DOGS LURCHERS TERRIERS HUNTING IS HUNTING RAIN HAIL SUN OR SNOW GIT YOUR DAWGS AND WATCH EM GO , :thumbs:

Edited by gonetoearth

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed ho

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting storys with like minded people. its funny how packs want your support when the sh

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special. Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game

Posted Images

THEM,S NOT DOGS LAD THEMS, HOUNDS , , a rather famous huntsman said that to me at whrightington lancs about 1974 it wasnt snobbery it was education all day he fed me snippets of hunting terms the pack was the lunesdale let see if any one can name him , they had fell hounds were they hunting or bushing well if any one on here knows that area it aint the best hunting land in the world but that was my first encounter of HOUNDS AND UNTIN HOUNDS DOGS LURCHERS TERRIERS HUNTING IS HUNTING RAIN HAIL SUN OR SNOW GIT YOUR DAWGS AND WATCH EM GO , :thumbs:

Walter Parkin

Walter Parkin

:no:

At what point does a dog become a hound? Do the English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish hound men recognise a Bluetick Coonhound or a Black and Tan Coonhound or a plott or Catahoula?

Sight and scent hounds differ in look, but they're hounds by name. If you cross a good scent hound with a good sight hound and then breed to type, have you succesfully bred a new type of hound? If so, at what point did the dog become a hound?

Honest questions here. Yesteryear's hunting dog is today's hound.

I would consider Australia's Bull Arab a hunting dog but many there classify it as a hound.

here's a pic of one, it's not my dog but I did run dogs just like this one when I hunted Australian pigs. They could find pigs from 2km away, no problem. (well, if you're on foot in thick scrub it's a problem).

post-55752-0-75729000-1291926678_thumb.jpg

John Nicholson

as the title say's you boy's crossing beagle xjack, beagle pat, beagle spaniel,what the f--k you doing in this post this is the hound section,im not saying that they don't hunt,what im saying is they can not be classed as hounds,you should be in the terrier or even gundog section with these mix and match,SOME OF YOU SHOULD BE IN THE FERRETING SECTION, i dare say you have got more to cross with want ever hound you can get your hands on,BUT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HONESTLY KEEPING HOUNDS,don't come back to me and say i bred these hound, terrier, spaniel, crosses for the country we hunt like that idiot who made those video's,if you are living in the uk or ireland we are all hunting the same covers no matter where you live,i have not posted on here for a while for this simple reason,the hounds section is boring as f---k with your silly crosses and your siily questions, so lets read more about true hound hunting and get rid of some of these silly posts,SORRY LADS IT HAD TO BE SAID,

1 word for you mate :wankerzo4: thats for starting a a thread aimed at starting arguments .why can,t lads call them hounds.and whats the big deal with lads posting there days hunting with hound xes on here ,.better than reading all the crap the hounds get up to on the fells chasing foxes for f****n miles.each to there own.But defo no need to start bitching about it .

• Like 4

John Nicholson

:thumbs: did not no at the time linton and never really meant anything till i read years later how well respected he was in the hunting world how i wish i had a camera that day Edited by gonetoearth

Old Dog.. Fair do's mate and keep the chin up. This internet ballicks is just that.. Ballicks.

''better than reading all the crap the hounds get up to on the fells chasing foxes for f****n miles.each to there own''

When you read shite like that you know straight away its a :wallbash: job. Keep doing what your doing and enjoy yourself mucker.. They'll only drag ya down and they're new fad will soon pass.

Oh and by the way.. Your a snobby ole git now :laugh:

John Nicholson

:thumbs: did not no at the time linton and never really meant anything till i read years later how well respected he was in the hunting world how i wish i had a camera that day

He took over the huntsmans job in 1962 from Walter Parkin and retired in 1990. A real fell huntsman.

LL.

Footman you are correct in what im thinking mate,reading some of these post's here,i can see that people who keep hounds understand the post,question is as the post states,a few people have gone on about crossbred hounds,there's nothing wrong with hound x hound,but where are we going with hound cross terrier x spaniel x what ever,i just can't see a future or a end product for these crosses,that can be classed as a hound.Blitz what do you think hounds are bred for then ?this thread wasn't aimed at starting any arguments,but there's people on here like yourself that turn it into one,not understanding the post :feck: DEs they want drag me down mate,im too old a dog to be fu-k by a pup,And catcher 1 its definately not snobbery mate

Footman you are correct in what im thinking mate,reading some of these post's here,i can see that people who keep hounds understand the post,question is as the post states,a few people have gone on about crossbred hounds,there's nothing wrong with hound x hound,but where are we going with hound cross terrier x spaniel x what ever,i just can't see a future or a end product for these crosses,that can be classed as a hound.Blitz what do you think hounds are bred for then ?this thread wasn't aimed at starting any arguments,but there's people on here like yourself that turn it into one,not understanding the post :feck: DEs they want drag me down mate,im too old a dog to be fu-k by a pup,And catcher 1 its definately not snobbery mate

people like me who start arguments :toast: get a grip you daft tosser.

A bit of a sad thread this and myself am not sure if its snobbery or passion,does it really matter what we hunt with or how we hunt everybody has different ways and means of how they go about the sport we all love,some folk simply havent got the land or ground to run hounds on, why shouldnt they cross hounds with terriers and spaniels to suit how they hunt from what ive seen and heard they do a decent job the small bobbery packs,and the small hound crosses are purpose bred to suit a way and means of hunting,and i am not defending it because i run hound cross terriers or spaniels, i run pure hound to hound crosses i think everybody should be able to enjoy hounds and hunting no matter what type or how you work them so lighten up folks

regards hedz

• Like 4