daihatsu fourtrak

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i used a transit bulkhead with window cut it to shape and fixed at several points then mastic in joints pucker job clean it has made the cab air tight then i did the back out with alloy checker platei

Posted Images

There good things, Hard to find tidy ones at a reasonable price now though. There quite good on diesel and pleanty of power, Not bad off road so long as youve got a decent set of tyres. Watch out for rusty sills, and the trailing arms on the back, They crack, then snap! Both easy fixes though.

:thumbs:

how good off road? any faults? any good on deisel? any info would be nice. cheers

if your off to buy one now you proberly paying over the top with weather been like it is,but things to look out for inner sills,outer sills,check 4 wheel drive works as it should,cross member bar which above the rear axle prone for rotting big job to replace,mine does about 28 miles to the gallon check inner back arches for rot.hope this helps.

There good things, Hard to find tidy ones at a reasonable price now though. There quite good on diesel and pleanty of power, Not bad off road so long as youve got a decent set of tyres. Watch out for rusty sills, and the trailing arms on the back, They crack, then snap! Both easy fixes though.

:thumbs:

true tom terrier happened to my mate daihatsu going down the motorway at 70mph nearly flipped him over.i've welded some flat bar down either side of mine to strengthen them.

cheers lads i haven been to buy one was just thinking about it and looking at them. are they always in 4x4 just asking because i saw a picture of inside one and looked as though there was only one gear stick rather than the usual two in other 4x4s

Nope they definately have two gear sticks, a small one just behind the main gearstick, maybe too small to see from the pics. Good machines, I bought one cheep a year and a half ago, couple of hundred quid just for kicking around the farm in, sills are already to far gone to repair but honestly the thing would go most places, when you go back in the pickup (nissan navara) its like not having 4 wheel drive compared with the fourtrack, the short wheel base and even weight pulls it through. our one has also cracked on the chasis where it rises diagonally up at the rear, but im pretty sure its because it was well abused before we got it.

I have got one the fourtrack fieldman 2 seater in green does about 30 to the gallon. 4x4 low is awesome will pull a house down but as said in previous posts got to have a good set of tyres i used to have a sportrack previous with camac terra tyres and that went anywhere as well but i just craved the big 2.8 turbo just in my opinion i think its better than my 300 tdi discovery i used to have. also too watch out for is to check the 4x4 is working correctly because when i bought mine the light came on in the cab to suggest it was engaged but when i put it in some mud it wheel spinned and was not working easily solved i got in touch with milner 4x4 and got manual hubs rather than auto much better option good luck theres plenty on ebay and this is a good site for info.

http://www.daihatsu-drivers.co.uk/

Guest eastmids

there a great truck,ive had a few, i may even get another in time for next season,the biggest problem i ever had on them was the gear box going on one.

if you find one with a good body the engines are great on em

• 1 month later...

ive got a 98r goes any were cant falt it off road .ploud through 2 feet of snow didnt stop at nothing .mines hard to find fearly good nick and only done 60k its a rocky modle if your going to get one look for rot around back ,under weel arches . and i dont think there over priced looking at what people pay for discos wwhich arnt as good .i paid £1000 for mine with no mot .worth every penny