home made tube traps

here a clone of a rar trap i use,, its more than double the strength of any break back rat trap out there,, so please lads dont say it aint approved etc,it works well and is a breack back trap but on a more larger ,more powerfull scale..and i made it as with the other 20 i made .

Logun, please don't think I'm trying to offend you, but your posts are becoming more and more difficult to read. Do you have a spellchecker?

I think you are suggesting that you have a picture of a home made break-back trap?

As I'm sure you know, break-back traps are exempt from the spring trap approval orders if their intended use is for rats, mice or moles.

I also notice that you haven't answered the question about building regulations. How would you feel if you lost work to an enthusiastic amateur who wasn't going to comply with the building regs? Surely the same applies?

As for 'clone', for any trap to be considered a clone it must be fundementally the same as the original. If you use different materials, or change significant parts (like the trigger) then there is no court in the land that could consider it to be a clone.

I feel sorry for any genuine trap importer or manufacturer out there who has gone through the (often ridiculous) approval process to legally sell good traps, only for DIY'ers to come along and copy their traps just to save a few bob.

True professionals would never object to paying for good quality tools, be they brickies or trappers.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL DONE MATE ,     IF THEY WORK ... AND WORK WELL ............. I WOULD USE THEM .......   OF COURSE YOU WILL GET THE PEDDLERS SCREAMING DEFRA AT YOU ,.... FECK EM !   IVE LEARNT A LOT AB

i cannot see how these "clones " are illegal,its bin said before, the law states that you can use clones, thats how all the folk that use chinky crap get away with it. if logan can make a better trap

Good work logun keep up the good work and never mind all the pessimist comments !!!

Posted Images

here a clone of a rar trap i use,, its more than double the strength of any break back rat trap out there,, so please lads dont say it aint approved etc,it works well and is a breack back trap but on a more larger ,more powerfull scale..and i made it as with the other 20 i made .

Logun, please don't think I'm trying to offend you, but your posts are becoming more and more difficult to read. Do you have a spellchecker?

I think you are suggesting that you have a picture of a home made break-back trap?

As I'm sure you know, break-back traps are exempt from the spring trap approval orders if their intended use is for rats, mice or moles.

I also notice that you haven't answered the question about building regulations. How would you feel if you lost work to an enthusiastic amateur who wasn't going to comply with the building regs? Surely the same applies?

As for 'clone', for any trap to be considered a clone it must be fundementally the same as the original. If you use different materials, or change significant parts (like the trigger) then there is no court in the land that could consider it to be a clone.

I feel sorry for any genuine trap importer or manufacturer out there who has gone through the (often ridiculous) approval process to legally sell good traps, only for DIY'ers to come along and copy their traps just to save a few bob.

True professionals would never object to paying for good quality tools, be they brickies or trappers.

ive got dyslexia and get by as best i can on here, and im sure you would know where the line is drawn between a break back trap ? and a trap thsat someone may make that breacks vermins backs..you define that line for us all,, you just type out what the line is and where me masy cross that line etc,, you causing rows mate,, you setting out to.. i asked you to reply in pms only,,look i no need to reply to suckh as you,so no more .the fact im dyslexic helps me make things to lol ..

Why would I want or need to take what is an interesting discussion into PM?

The exact wording of the law has already been quoted earlier in this thread.

So Logun, going to answer the question about building regs? How would you feel if you lost work because someone else was prepared to ignore building regulations to save a few quid?

So Logun, going to answer the question about building regs? How would you feel if you lost work because someone else was prepared to ignore building regulations to save a few quid?

why building regs ?why would i want to answear you about building regs for ,,?? you must have some interest in the doc trap to be so pissed off lol,, look mate your boreing me now ok,, get a life you sad f**k,,and please dont relpy to my posts .people like you stop the develpoment of pest control. lets end it here now as i feel no reason to try to defend myselfe to a cock who knows jack shit.in fact i think your a sad f****r who hates the thought that someone can think of new ideas and try to adapt them for the good of all on here..i think you hate the fact that you dont draw attension to yourselfe on here by genuine posts you may post.so let me be to do what i want.

why building regs ?why would i want to answear you about building regs for ,,?? you must have some interest in the doc trap to be so pissed off lol,, look mate your boreing me now ok,, get a life you sad f**k,,and please dont relpy to my posts .people like you stop the develpoment of pest control. lets end it here now as i feel no reason to try to defend myselfe to a cock who knows jack shit.in fact i think your a sad f****r who hates the thought that someone can think of new ideas and try to adapt them for the good of all on here..i think you hate the fact that you dont draw attension to yourselfe on here by genuine posts you may post.so let me be to do what i want.

I dear, I seem to have upset you somehow........

Why do you feel the need to resort to personal abuse? Phrases like 'sad f****r' are not really necessary, are they?

I've asked you a perfectly reasonable question about how you would feel about someone ignoring the law, and the impact it could have on you.

I have no financial or business interest in the trap market; I'm a user of (approved, lol) traps and I get paid lots of money in my role as a professional wildlife manager.

I'm genuinely impressed by anyone who has the skills to develop and improve the traps we have available - you seem like a very skilled person. What frustrates me is people who are too mean to pay for good quality, legal traps, and thereby support those who have invested their time, reputation and cash in improving the range of traps available in the UK.

Please stop throwing around insults and trying to bully me into keeping out of 'your' threads. If you post something on a discussion forum you can't be suprised if people discuss what you've posted!

Why do you feel the need to resort to personal abuse? Phrases like 'sad f****r' are not really necessary, are they?

I've asked you a perfectly reasonable question about how you would feel about someone ignoring the law, and the impact it could have on you.

I have no financial or business interest in the trap market; I'm a user of (approved, lol) traps and I get paid lots of money in my role as a professional wildlife manager.

I'm genuinely impressed by anyone who has the skills to develop and improve the traps we have available - you seem like a very skilled person. What frustrates me is people who are too mean to pay for good quality, legal traps, and thereby support those who have invested their time, reputation and cash in improving the range of traps available in the UK.

Please stop throwing around insults and trying to bully me into keeping out of 'your' threads. If you post something on a discussion forum you can't be suprised if people discuss what you've posted!

lol,, yes in it.

lol,, yes in it.

f**k the doc trap,think i try the collarum next,, all traps i would never use but fun the make , :laugh:

• Like 1

For me, this issue is not about people making money from traps, it's about the law.

For anyone to come on here and 'incite' others to break the law by using unapproved traps is out of order.

As previously stated; hats off to the original poster for making something, but please bear in mind that anyone can read this forum and encouraging people to ignore the law will not make any legitimate trapper look good.

The law is the law, whether we agree with it or not, and responsible trappers work within it.

What bollocks about the law have you seen the amount of cheap shit mole traps from china some have really poor springs they are quick to jump on us but who quality controls some of the stuff from abroad none of us want to cause suffering good effort making that trap mate well done I am sure it is far better than most of the imports

What bollocks about the law have you seen the amount of cheap shit mole traps from china some have really poor springs they are quick to jump on us but who quality controls some of the stuff from abroad none of us want to cause suffering good effort making that trap mate well done I am sure it is far better than most of the imports

You are right about the foreign imported copies of various traps, inferior springs and fixings etc, now and again you may get a reasonable batch which can save you a bob or two.

You will find that mole traps are exempt from the STAO so thats why the market is flooded with shite

• 2 weeks later...

no more pics lads sorry..ive been sort of warn off lol .. a message on face book of all places teling me english nature are looking into the ilegal traps of mine.. they copies for f**k sake lol.anyway ive been told ive been warned ???? mmmm lol . so i do a christmas special and post lots on christmas day lol.if there people here behind english nature readfing this pm me easy as.