home made tube traps

All above board logun, as long as its not used, I'll be honest.......... I'd use it, only for display purposes of course..:laugh::whistling:

lol.ian i would never dream of setting one for vermin.there are other traps out there that can kill a lot faster than mine,not. :whistling:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL DONE MATE ,     IF THEY WORK ... AND WORK WELL ............. I WOULD USE THEM .......   OF COURSE YOU WILL GET THE PEDDLERS SCREAMING DEFRA AT YOU ,.... FECK EM !   IVE LEARNT A LOT AB

i cannot see how these "clones " are illegal,its bin said before, the law states that you can use clones, thats how all the folk that use chinky crap get away with it. if logan can make a better trap

Good work logun keep up the good work and never mind all the pessimist comments !!!

Posted Images

BULL .......

ITS ALL ABOUT THE ... £££££££££££££££££££££££££££

WHAT NEXT ... ONLY SNARES MADE BY APPROVED MANUFACTURERS ????

IMAGINE A FELLA LIKE OLD G.W OR ANDY WHYTE HAVING TO BUY SNARES THEY DEVELOPED :no:

ITS A PISS TAKE ,

THERES MEN ON HERE AND ELSEWHERE THAT HARDLYS TRAP A FECKING THING AND YET MAKE A LOT OF MONEY OUT OF GREENHORNS ETC ... SELLING ...... ON THE PRETENSE OF BEING A KNOWLEDGEABLE TRAPPER .....

YEAH RIGHT :doh: .... FECK ME LOOK AT THE WAY SOME HAVE JUMPED ON THE COLLERUM BAND WAGON , WHOOPIE ANOTHER BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT TO SELL TO THE GREENHORNS , LOOK AT THE NEW SUPER DUPER SNARE FROM THE GAME CONSERVECY .... OOOOOOH .... COPPER COATED TEALER ......

GIVE ME A FECKIN BREAK .......

DUCKWING

Like it or not, the laws are there to prevent people from just knocking any old snare or trap up in thier shed and inflicting it on the local wildlife!

Can you imagine the sorts of terrible devices that would be invented and used if there were no laws at all?

There is also nothing wrong with selling items, so long as they do the thing what they are advertised to do.

I bet you dont stand outside tescos shouting that they are selling the same spuds as you grow in your garden and how they are ripping off the general public?

Not everyone wants, or is capable of making rabbit nets, ferret boxes, snares or traps. So what exactly is your problem auld Ducky? :D

WELL JK ,

I WOULD SAY MY PROBLEM ISNT WITH MEN SELLING TRAPS , SNARES FERRET BOXES OR WHATEVER

ESPECIALLY IF ITS A DESIGN THEY THEMSELVES HAVE COME UP WITH , ..... I LOVE TO SPEAK WITH THE ARTISANS OF THE GAME ,

NOPE ..... ITS WITH MEN THAT PORTRAY THEMSELVES IN A FALSE MANNOR TO SELL THEIR WARES

USUALLY TO SOME GREENHORN KID THAT HASNT GOT A SCOOBY ,.....

IS WANTING A LITTLE SUCCESS AND GETS SUCKERD BY A FEW PHOTOS AND A BULL SHIT STORY ON THE NET ..... OR , MAGAZINE ......

THERES ONE FELLA I KNOW THAT GOES OUT A MAX OF 4 TIMES A YEAR WITH A GUY IVE BEEN FRIENDS WITH FOR YRS WHO HUNTS REGULARY 5 TIMES A WEEK .... , GETS PHOTOS OF THE CATCH WITH HIS DOG IN FRONT AND SELLS NETS ETC ON THE BACK OF THEM SELF SAME PHOTOS ..... IS THAT BEING HONEST ? THE NETS AND GEAR USED ARENT THE SAME AS HE SELLS YETS LOOK AT THE PHOTOS AND YOU WILL SEE HIS NETS ???... RIGHT OR WRONG ??..... DEFO WRONG IN MY EYES !

NEXT POINT ....

YOU STATE

Like it or not, the laws are there to prevent people from just knocking any old snare or trap up in thier shed ......

SNARES ?????? ... DONT THINK SO FELLA ..... GIVE YER HEAD A SHAKE

WELL ... WITHOUT LADS EXPERIMENTING IN SHEDS THROUGHOUT THE LAND WE WILL STAND STILL AND NEVER IMPROVE THE TRAPPING IN THIS COUNTRY .. ALWAYS RELY ON CANADA AND THE STATES FOR NEW IDEAS ...... TO ME THATS CRAP .. SIMPLE AS ....

IVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME IN THIS GAME AND THE BULL SHIT ARTISTS FAR OUT WEIGH THE GENUINE ARTICLES ..... AND I HAVE MET A LOT OF B,S, ARTISTS ... JOHN

DUCKWING

BULL .......

ITS ALL ABOUT THE ... £££££££££££££££££££££££££££

WHAT NEXT ... ONLY SNARES MADE BY APPROVED MANUFACTURERS ????

IMAGINE A FELLA LIKE OLD G.W OR ANDY WHYTE HAVING TO BUY SNARES THEY DEVELOPED :no:

ITS A PISS TAKE ,

THERES MEN ON HERE AND ELSEWHERE THAT HARDLYS TRAP A FECKING THING AND YET MAKE A LOT OF MONEY OUT OF GREENHORNS ETC ... SELLING ...... ON THE PRETENSE OF BEING A KNOWLEDGEABLE TRAPPER .....

YEAH RIGHT :doh: .... FECK ME LOOK AT THE WAY SOME HAVE JUMPED ON THE COLLERUM BAND WAGON , WHOOPIE ANOTHER BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT TO SELL TO THE GREENHORNS , LOOK AT THE NEW SUPER DUPER SNARE FROM THE GAME CONSERVECY .... OOOOOOH .... COPPER COATED TEALER ......

GIVE ME A FECKIN BREAK .......

DUCKWING

Like it or not, the laws are there to prevent people from just knocking any old snare or trap up in thier shed and inflicting it on the local wildlife!

Can you imagine the sorts of terrible devices that would be invented and used if there were no laws at all?

There is also nothing wrong with selling items, so long as they do the thing what they are advertised to do.

I bet you dont stand outside tescos shouting that they are selling the same spuds as you grow in your garden and how they are ripping off the general public?

Not everyone wants, or is capable of making rabbit nets, ferret boxes, snares or traps. So what exactly is your problem auld Ducky? :D

WELL JK ,

I WOULD SAY MY PROBLEM ISNT WITH MEN SELLING TRAPS , SNARES FERRET BOXES OR WHATEVER

ESPECIALLY IF ITS A DESIGN THEY THEMSELVES HAVE COME UP WITH , ..... I LOVE TO SPEAK WITH THE ARTISANS OF THE GAME ,

NOPE ..... ITS WITH MEN THAT PORTRAY THEMSELVES IN A FALSE MANNOR TO SELL THEIR WARES

USUALLY TO SOME GREENHORN KID THAT HASNT GOT A SCOOBY ,.....

IS WANTING A LITTLE SUCCESS AND GETS SUCKERD BY A FEW PHOTOS AND A BULL SHIT STORY ON THE NET ..... OR , MAGAZINE ......

THERES ONE FELLA I KNOW THAT GOES OUT A MAX OF 4 TIMES A YEAR WITH A GUY IVE BEEN FRIENDS WITH FOR YRS WHO HUNTS REGULARY 5 TIMES A WEEK .... , GETS PHOTOS OF THE CATCH WITH HIS DOG IN FRONT AND SELLS NETS ETC ON THE BACK OF THEM SELF SAME PHOTOS ..... IS THAT BEING HONEST ? THE NETS AND GEAR USED ARENT THE SAME AS HE SELLS YETS LOOK AT THE PHOTOS AND YOU WILL SEE HIS NETS ???... RIGHT OR WRONG ??..... DEFO WRONG IN MY EYES !

NEXT POINT ....

YOU STATE

Like it or not, the laws are there to prevent people from just knocking any old snare or trap up in thier shed ......

SNARES ?????? ... DONT THINK SO FELLA ..... GIVE YER HEAD A SHAKE

WELL ... WITHOUT LADS EXPERIMENTING IN SHEDS THROUGHOUT THE LAND WE WILL STAND STILL AND NEVER IMPROVE THE TRAPPING IN THIS COUNTRY .. ALWAYS RELY ON CANADA AND THE STATES FOR NEW IDEAS ...... TO ME THATS CRAP .. SIMPLE AS ....

IVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME IN THIS GAME AND THE BULL SHIT ARTISTS FAR OUT WEIGH THE GENUINE ARTICLES ..... AND I HAVE MET A LOT OF B,S, ARTISTS ... JOHN

DUCKWING

I must be mistaken, because i was under the impression (mistakenly, as you have pointed out) that snares were governed by law, to the effect that you are not allowed to use a locking snare.

I stand corrected.

I do agree with you though, there are some folk that just want to make a quick buck and would/do sell shite that doesn't resemble what was advertised, this is just plain wrong and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I think once again, we will have to agree to disagree on the matter about laws regarding trapping. I believe there are far too many idiots in the hunting/trapping community who would use anything to hand if they thought they could get away with it, at least there is some regulation as to what can be used.

just had a look on the defra site , its about as easy to get round as the laws are to understand,

my understanding of it is that any "clone" be it fenn or tube trap , is approved as it is similar to the named ,approved trap ,

whats a break back trap? , to me its a mouse/rat type snap trap , but could it be any trap that could break an animals back, like a kania , bg or fenn , or basically any trap that has sufficient force to break and animals back, its all bollocks really and needs defining properly because someone could easily break the law thru ignorance or misunderstanding, just look at the description of natural or artificial tunnel, :wallbash:

Is the USA made tube trap that Logun's trap is modeled after approved by DEFRA?

From my perspective here in the states, your trap regulations seem way too restrictive. We have a couple of states where nearly all traps other than mouse and rat traps are banned, but in the rest of our states, traps are legal unless otherwise prohibited. You don't have to seek approval for individual trap designs. And I agree with Duckwing that your excessive regulations certainly would kill the incentive for innovators to work on new designs.

Is the USA made tube trap that Logun's trap is modeled after approved by DEFRA?

From my perspective here in the states, your trap regulations seem way too restrictive. We have a couple of states where nearly all traps other than mouse and rat traps are banned, but in the rest of our states, traps are legal unless otherwise prohibited. You don't have to seek approval for individual trap designs. And I agree with Duckwing that your excessive regulations certainly would kill the incentive for innovators to work on new designs.

Maybe not so, the regulations or "approval" of traps, ensures that the trap in question is built to high standards and is capable of killing the target animal.

I 'think' (but am not sure) that when tested, each submited trap has to kill its target 80% of the time, which to me is too low.

I think the % kill rate before approval should be higher, maybe someone can clarify this figure?

This proceedure ensures (or at least should ensure, if people do not use loop holes) that traps sold in the UK, are of the highest standards and are capable of killing the intended animal which they are designed to kill.

I think the Kania and the tube trap are more than efficient at killing grey squirrels, however i would argue against using the bodygrip style traps on greys.

thanks to all you who messaged me to purchace a trap im gob smacked why you would want one.to behonest i aint selling them,never set out to make money from them .just like making traps and posted the thread just to show what you can make with a few £s and a few tools.thanks for the interest shown tho

Excellent thread and one to be encouraged .Duckwing, as usual blunt and to the point but spot on. Never used this type of trap but can see its uses in a wide range of places.Keep refining it mate if possible,you may have a marketable product there.

Excellent thread and one to be encouraged .Duckwing, as usual blunt and to the point but spot on. Never used this type of trap but can see its uses in a wide range of places.Keep refining it mate if possible,you may have a marketable product there.

thanks foxdrooper.it is refind now.thepics i put up was of the first ones i made.to be honest how could i market a copy,thats all it is.i just wanted to show others what can be made and save £sssss doing so. :thumbs:

If you're not selling them, and if it's ok with Ian, would you mind taking some photos next time you make one, if that were to happen? I wouldn't mind giving one a go :)

be more than happy to john if the bos on here gives it the go ahead ;)

• Like 1