home made tube traps

i have no doubt i will be corrected if i,m wrong , but is there not a statement somewhere in the laws that says something like, "or similar design" in the the approval , it covers the foreign shit that is flooding the market at the moment, could be wrong , but i,m sure i read it somewhgere , could even have bin on here

logun , i think your pm box if full, i,m interested in buying one of you traps for my collection , send me a pm

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL DONE MATE ,     IF THEY WORK ... AND WORK WELL ............. I WOULD USE THEM .......   OF COURSE YOU WILL GET THE PEDDLERS SCREAMING DEFRA AT YOU ,.... FECK EM !   IVE LEARNT A LOT AB

i cannot see how these "clones " are illegal,its bin said before, the law states that you can use clones, thats how all the folk that use chinky crap get away with it. if logan can make a better trap

Good work logun keep up the good work and never mind all the pessimist comments !!!

Posted Images

BULL .......

ITS ALL ABOUT THE ... £££££££££££££££££££££££££££

WHAT NEXT ... ONLY SNARES MADE BY APPROVED MANUFACTURERS ????

IMAGINE A FELLA LIKE OLD G.W OR ANDY WHYTE HAVING TO BUY SNARES THEY DEVELOPED :no:

ITS A PISS TAKE ,

THERES MEN ON HERE AND ELSEWHERE THAT HARDLYS TRAP A FECKING THING AND YET MAKE A LOT OF MONEY OUT OF GREENHORNS ETC ... SELLING ...... ON THE PRETENSE OF BEING A KNOWLEDGEABLE TRAPPER .....

YEAH RIGHT :doh: .... FECK ME LOOK AT THE WAY SOME HAVE JUMPED ON THE COLLERUM BAND WAGON , WHOOPIE ANOTHER BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT TO SELL TO THE GREENHORNS , LOOK AT THE NEW SUPER DUPER SNARE FROM THE GAME CONSERVECY .... OOOOOOH .... COPPER COATED TEALER ......

GIVE ME A FECKIN BREAK .......

DUCKWING

• Like 1
£7

Is that just materials, or does that include a value placed on your own time that was spent planning and manufacturing the traps? It is a great looking trap, have to admit. Good job!

hi steve,it costs £7 for the material to make it and thats from a diy store.there was no planning to be honest,i just sit down at night and make a trap,just a hobby to me.time wise i can nock one out in hour and half with basic hand tools,chop saw ,vice and dril.

BULL .......

ITS ALL ABOUT THE ... £££££££££££££££££££££££££££

WHAT NEXT ... ONLY SNARES MADE BY APPROVED MANUFACTURERS ????

IMAGINE A FELLA LIKE OLD G.W OR ANDY WHYTE HAVING TO BUY SNARES THEY DEVELOPED :no:

ITS A PISS TAKE ,

THERES MEN ON HERE AND ELSEWHERE THAT HARDLYS TRAP A FECKING THING AND YET MAKE A LOT OF MONEY OUT OF GREENHORNS ETC ... SELLING ...... ON THE PRETENSE OF BEING A KNOWLEDGEABLE TRAPPER .....

YEAH RIGHT :doh: .... FECK ME LOOK AT THE WAY SOME HAVE JUMPED ON THE COLLERUM BAND WAGON , WHOOPIE ANOTHER BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT TO SELL TO THE GREENHORNS , LOOK AT THE NEW SUPER DUPER SNARE FROM THE GAME CONSERVECY .... OOOOOOH .... COPPER COATED TEALER ......

GIVE ME A FECKIN BREAK .......

DUCKWING

Like it or not, the laws are there to prevent people from just knocking any old snare or trap up in thier shed and inflicting it on the local wildlife!

Can you imagine the sorts of terrible devices that would be invented and used if there were no laws at all?

There is also nothing wrong with selling items, so long as they do the thing what they are advertised to do.

I bet you dont stand outside tescos shouting that they are selling the same spuds as you grow in your garden and how they are ripping off the general public?

Not everyone wants, or is capable of making rabbit nets, ferret boxes, snares or traps. So what exactly is your problem auld Ducky? :D

For me, this issue is not about people making money from traps, it's about the law.

For anyone to come on here and 'incite' others to break the law by using unapproved traps is out of order.

As previously stated; hats off to the original poster for making something, but please bear in mind that anyone can read this forum and encouraging people to ignore the law will not make any legitimate trapper look good.

The law is the law, whether we agree with it or not, and responsible trappers work within it.

if i wrote book about murder,would that incite people to kill others ?.look its just a trap i made ,no big deal

i have no doubt i will be corrected if i,m wrong , but is there not a statement somewhere in the laws that says something like, "or similar design" in the the approval , it covers the foreign shit that is flooding the market at the moment, could be wrong , but i,m sure i read it somewhgere , could even have bin on here

logun , i think your pm box if full, i,m interested in buying one of you traps for my collection , send me a pm

moley,think the word was a clone .clone of any approved trap.

The Pests Act 1954 makes it is an offence to use a spring trap for the purposes of killing or taking animals in England and Wales other than one approved by an Order of the Secretary of State. The approval of traps is a devolved issue.

Traps that are currently approved in England are specified in The Spring Traps Approval Order 1995 (Statutory Instrument 1995 No. 2427), The Spring Traps Approval (Variation)(England) Order 2007 (Statutory Instrument 2007 No. 2708) and The Spring Traps Approval (Variation)(England) Order 2009 (Statutory Instrument 2009 No. 2166).

The 1995 Order allows the types equivalent in all relevant respects to those named under the 1995 Order, sometimes referred to as ‘clones’. A list of those believed to be covered was included in a press-release in 1997. However any spring-trap which meets the criteria in the 1995 Order would be covered so it is not possible, or meaningful, to give a comprehensive list of such clones. If you rely on a trap being approved by virtue of being a ‘clone’ rather than being listed in either Order by make and model, you should refer to the exact wording of the Order.

Certain traps adapted solely for the destruction of rats, mice or other small ground vermin are excluded from this general prohibition. The Small Ground Vermin Order 1958 identified two such trap types. These are spring traps known as break-back traps commonly used for rats, mice and other small ground vermin, and spring traps of the kind commonly used for catching moles in their runs. Leg-hold traps are prohibited within the European Union by Council Regulation (EEC) 3254/91.

The Pests Act 1954 makes it is an offence to use a spring trap for the purposes of killing or taking animals in England and Wales other than one approved by an Order of the Secretary of State. The approval of traps is a devolved issue.

Traps that are currently approved in England are specified in The Spring Traps Approval Order 1995 (Statutory Instrument 1995 No. 2427), The Spring Traps Approval (Variation)(England) Order 2007 (Statutory Instrument 2007 No. 2708) and The Spring Traps Approval (Variation)(England) Order 2009 (Statutory Instrument 2009 No. 2166).

The 1995 Order allows the types equivalent in all relevant respects to those named under the 1995 Order, sometimes referred to as ‘clones’. A list of those believed to be covered was included in a press-release in 1997. However any spring-trap which meets the criteria in the 1995 Order would be covered so it is not possible, or meaningful, to give a comprehensive list of such clones. If you rely on a trap being approved by virtue of being a ‘clone’ rather than being listed in either Order by make and model, you should refer to the exact wording of the Order.

Certain traps adapted solely for the destruction of rats, mice or other small ground vermin are excluded from this general prohibition. The Small Ground Vermin Order 1958 identified two such trap types. These are spring traps known as break-back traps commonly used for rats, mice and other small ground vermin, and spring traps of the kind commonly used for catching moles in their runs. Leg-hold traps are prohibited within the European Union by Council Regulation (EEC) 3254/91.

thanks for that otc.

I still think that the second provision in that piece - the breakback bit - is what applies to this one. It looks very similar in function to a snap-e in a bait box.

James

Unfortunately not - it is a Spring Trap by the definition of the law, and requires Ministerial approval before it can be used in Gt Britain legally

OTC

I still think that the second provision in that piece - the breakback bit - is what applies to this one. It looks very similar in function to a snap-e in a bait box.

James

Unfortunately not - it is a Spring Trap by the definition of the law, and requires Ministerial approval before it can be used in Gt Britain legally

OTC

Hmm, but where's 'Spring trap' defined? That one bit we've all quoted makes no attempt at definition!

James