Tench tuned and regulated BSA Ultra in action

zini

Hi Jasper,

I've heard that you can now buy the reg from Tench and fit it yourself if you want.

I'm not very good with rifles mate so I had it done by Tench plus quite a few other tweaks.

If your good with taking them apart then you should be ok I think.

The reg and the fitting it is £120 and I paid an extra £40 to £50 for the other tunes etc.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Si

spot on Si cheers for the info :thumbs:

Must admit I fancy like having a pop myself if he makes them for a Daystate Air Ranger! mind you £120 or perhaps a little more wouldn't be that bad. where is the guy based Si? just a rough idea of what county will do mate or if he has a Number you could PM it to me if its ok :thumbs:.

If I can get this gun running more consistant from a full charge to top up I will be made up, at the moment I have lost a bit of interest in the bloody thing.

atb Jasp

Hi nagell,

Did you find it improved your aas410 much mate?

Si

Hi Si ,I bought it already done of a friend of his ,but have had afew aa410 in the past and this is by far the best ,also have tench regged ultra which i took to have done and there was a big differance in before and after ,well pleased

hi si

some nice shooting & footage there! buddy

just a couple of questions!

will it add length to AAS410K?

is the reg fitted in side the cylinder?

what pressure are you filling to?

how many full power shots! per charge .177/.22 ?

and fitting it ya self kit! will we have to drill/cut the reservoir,to fit the reg?

regards

davy

hi si

and fitting it ya self kit! will we have to drill/cut the reservoir,to fit the reg?

regards

davy

hi davy ,just measured mine and it adds 40mm on the cylinder ,when a bought mine was told could fill 225 bar,not sure on shot count ,

i know there a lot more work in fitting the reg in the airarm than the bsa ,he did my bsa while i waited and i asked him about the reg for the airarms ,he says it

takes him a day+

hi si

regards

davy

hi davy ,just measured mine and it adds 40mm on the cylinder ,when a bought mine was told could fill 225 bar,not sure on shot count ,

i know there a lot more work in fitting the reg in the airarm than the bsa ,he did my bsa while i waited and i asked him about the reg for the airarms ,he says it

takes him a day+

hi nagell

:hmm::hmm:

not sure i would want an extra 40mm on my AAS410K

can ya do me a favour ?have a look at the cylinder and see if it has a tiny hole where the reg goes!!

regards

davy

hi si

regards

davy

takes him a day+

hi nagell

can ya do me a favour ?have a look at the cylinder and see if it has a tiny hole where the reg goes!!

regards

davy

hi davy ,my mistake ,(iam a tit ),it doesnt add anything to the length of cylinder ,just took gun out of stock there is a tiny hole in cylinder about an 1 inch from gauge

Hi lads,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Hi Davy,

I have taken some photos for you buddy which should help answer your questions as I’m not very technical with rifles as you know I just shoot them buddy.

The regulator is 3.5 cm so will extend your cylinder by 3.5 cm, not your barrel mate.

Tench told me that the regulator can be pumped / charged to 250 bar easily.

This gives me 65 to 75 full power shots from a full charge in .177 and 90 ish from .22 I believe.

I chrono-ed my rifle a few days ago and it was doing an 11.83 ft/lbs average over a 10 shot string.

The MAXIMUN shot deviation was only 3 fps between shot 1 and 10 which was pretty amazing and just shows the regs quality.

The pellets were washed and lubed Bisley Magnums at 10.5 grain.

Normally a full charge of around 190-ish bar gives the Ultra 30 very good usable full power shots in .177 without a regulator using the sweet spot technique.

Si

post-2627-0-96750100-1291148566_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-96734400-1291148573_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-47025900-1291148590_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-57288000-1291148601_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-10687100-1291148611_thumb.jpg

Hi Jasper,

Here is Simon Howarths contact info (Tench)

Simon Howarth

Derby

Tel 0044 7792 073470

I wont post his home address mate without his prior permission.

Please give him a phone.

Si

hi si

regards

davy

takes him a day+

hi nagell

regards

davy

hi davy ,my mistake ,(iam a tit ),it doesnt add anything to the length of cylinder ,just took gun out of stock there is a tiny hole in cylinder about an 1 inch from gauge

hi buddy

thanks buddy,so it sits internaly then,just like the BT one i took out!

it was playing up so took it out and replaced the resivoir with a standard karbine one.

may think about having it done,but just have polished hammer & rail on the AAS410K.and next project is to polish trigger sears & replace crinkle washers!!

after polishing the hammer & rail i got my PB in the local HFT course of 52 :thumbs:

so i will say it goes to polish youe hammer & rail :thumbs:

Hi lads,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Hi Davy,

I have taken some photos for you buddy which should help answer your questions as I’m not very technical with rifles as you know I just shoot them buddy.

The regulator is 3.5 cm so will extend your cylinder by 3.5 cm, not your barrel mate.

Tench told me that the regulator can be pumped / charged to 250 bar easily.

This gives me 65 to 75 full power shots from a full charge in .177 and 90 ish from .22 I believe.

I chrono-ed my rifle a few days ago and it was doing an 11.83 ft/lbs average over a 10 shot string.

The MAXIMUN shot deviation was only 3 fps between shot 1 and 10 which was pretty amazing and just shows the regs quality.

The pellets were washed and lubed Bisley Magnums at 10.5 grain.

Normally a full charge of around 190-ish bar gives the Ultra 30 very good usable full power shots in .177 without a regulator using the sweet spot technique.

Si

hi si

thanks buddy

3fps is :thumbs: over 10 shot string buddy,the ben taylor one i had was pantz!

so i had to get rid,but may give tench a ring!

thanks buddy

hi davey i was talking to tench and he said all the work is done all internaly

hi major

yes i thought so,thats why i asked the above question,about a single hole :thumbs:

did you manage to ask him if he will post his DIY kit. to fit the reg ya self? :thumbs:

regards

davy