Tench tuned and regulated BSA Ultra in action

zini

Hi guys,

Over the past few days I’ve read a few posts regarding the BSA Ultra.

I purchased one myself last week and have been testing it quite intensely since :thumbs: .

I think that they are fantastic and will match any hunting PCP on the market for accuracy :yes: .

Granted that mine has been tuned and regulated by a master of PCPs (Simon Howarth) Tench but I have shot the un tuned and non regulated rifle before and they are awesome if you fill them to their sweet spot :notworthy: .

It’s only the shooter that limits this rifles accuracy (fact) :boogie: .

Please don’t think that a more expensive air rifle will be anymore accurate than the Ultra is :no: .

It’s a serious rifle at a relatively low price with all the hitting power and characteristics of a rifle 3 or 4 times its price ;) .

Here is a small clip that it put together to show you some of the fun that I’ve had with mine over the past week :thumbs: .

Si

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgAzdl-XFSQ

Hey si, lovely new rifle mate and you shoot it like you have had it for years, quite fancy a reg'd ultra myself and just wanted a rough idea of cost all in reg and all, if you dont mind me asking :), just roughly.

.all the best. .steve.

And good shooting mate ;)

Hi Mark,

The Air Arms S410 is an awesome and tried and tested rifle in its own right buddy.

Ive seen Davy shoot his buddy and make some amazing shots, and that rifle is more accurate than the user also mate.

Be hard pushed to better a AAS410, but if your on the look out for a lighter rifle that shoots with amazing consistancy and hits very hard then a Ultra is a seriuos contender especially if its been Tenched.

Si

Hi Rossy buddy

I paid £457 all in that was for the rifle, the Tench reg, the hammer stroke shortened, the trigger tuned and the sears polished and all the other little tweeks here and there that Tench does.

If you bought the rifle yourself from Youngmans guns you would probably knock £50 off that cost.

Brilliant little rifle

Si

Hi Mark,

The Air Arms S410 is an awesome and tried and tested rifle in its own right buddy.

Ive seen Davy shoot his buddy and make some amazing shots, and that rifle is more accurate than the user also mate.

Be hard pushed to better a AAS410, but if your on the look out for a lighter rifle that shoots with amazing consistancy and hits very hard then a Ultra is a seriuos contender especially if its been Tenched.

Si

Hi Rossy buddy

I paid £457 all in that was for the rifle, the Tench reg, the hammer stroke shortened, the trigger tuned and the sears polished and all the other little tweeks here and there that Tench does.

If you bought the rifle yourself from Youngmans guns you would probably knock £50 off that cost.

Brilliant little rifle

Si

Thanks si, I would probably want to get it through tench or someone similar tweaked and tuned as you did, I wil get in contact with him for a price I think. :)

.cheers mate. .ste.

No problems Ste

I'm going there on the 20 of Dec to see him and get my r10 all tweaked up.

Maybe you want to go up together?

Or meet there for a chat?

Si

Edited by zini

Hello Zini

cracking footage and explantion :clapper::clapper:. I have done alot of reading about the Tench Regs and it seems to me this is the way to go for me too. my gun has a sweetspot at around 150BAR even though the working pressure is alot higher! I'm now only charging the gun upto 150BAR which is annoying when I know the gun is more than capable of alot more shots.

The gun would average around 250 .177 but at the moment with the 150BAR charge I'm down to around 85. just out of Interest do you have to send the gun direct to the guy Tench to have it regd? also I see you mentioned Youngmans which is only about 35 Miles from here! could they do the Tench convertion is it it straight to the man himself?

atb Jasp

Hi Jasper,

I've heard that you can now buy the reg from Tench and fit it yourself if you want.

I'm not very good with rifles mate so I had it done by Tench plus quite a few other tweaks.

If your good with taking them apart then you should be ok I think.

The reg and the fitting it is £120 and I paid an extra £40 to £50 for the other tunes etc.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Si

Edited by zini

Hi Si.

Nice shooting and footage mate.

Look's like your in lurrrve me dear :laugh: , they are sweet regd arnt they.

The R10 will be sweet to when Tench is finnished with it.

Same as you have said, I think the Ultra will become a favourite with me too to buddy, certainly over the HW100, and about on parr with the S200.

My fingers are itching bad now :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Si.

Cheer's mate.

Be just my luck for the snow to stop all deliveries in the area :doh::cry::laugh:

Have to put some ski's on the zimmer :laugh:

Had a flurry of snow down here today, nothing much though :thumbs:

Did you see the link I put up for the mags mate, they look very well made, be nice in your new baby buddy.

ATB.

Bill.